Skip to content

Shrines, Religion and other Mumbo Jumbo

13»

Comments

• Dec said:

The most common complaints before was that relics offered no benefit to PvP, that limiting to a room made them useless, and that the activation/cooldown mechanic made things useless.  We're trying something different to address those.  Could it be too much? Sure.  But as you discovered with Antioch's little Urzog adventure, it can be fun to try something controversial to see how it shakes out.

Septus and I both took one look at these relics and immediately agreed that we do not want to use any of them because then people will stop being willing to fight against us entirely.

When you come up with a thing that's so powerful/cheesy that Septus and I look at it and say "We can't use that, that's too overpowered" you can safely assume that it's terrifyingly overpowered.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited July 2015
    Is Lockdown/Radiance going to be on the "Boyscout Honor" list?
    :(
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:
    Is Lockdown/Radiance going to be on the "Boyscout Honor" list?
    :(
    Eldreth, we're talking about Rasca here. You know the answer without having ask. 
  • It won't be a thing cuz I don't care about shrine powers and have no idea how even to use them. Now if someone ELSE wanted to lockdown and TELL me to radiance, I'll be a good soulja boy (tell'em). What is lockdown anyway? Prevents leaving the area like that windstorm thing you like to do?

Also, couldn't you just barge into my room and interrupt the radiance? Think entering the room without even doing anything disrupts the channel.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • Lockdown means you can't leave the room you're in. You're 'locked down' into position. Thus, you can't enter the radiance room and stop it.
  • Oh huh. That doesn't seem well balanced.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。