Skip to content

Constructive criticism on custom items

As part of the requirements for one of my organizations, I'm to design a customized item. I'm really excited about the idea, but creative writing has never been my strongest area.

Is there a place where I might share what I have and receive constructive criticism on it? I imagine due to the secretive nature of these organizations the forums might not be the ideal location. Or maybe they are and everybody has been here long enough that there aren't any secrets left, who knows!

Comments

• Send it to someone whose customized items you like and respect?
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • edited June 2015

Feel free to send me a message if you want. I don't design much of anything, but I'm good at proofreading.

Before you do that, though, you should know that my distaste for excessively purple prose is both a hill that I will gladly die on and a dead horse that I will not cease beating; if you feel the need to talk about how your cloak is as black as the stygian darkness of a pool of black water in a cavern that has never known the footfall of man, you do not want me as a proofreader.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• T.S. Eliot said "If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter."
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。