Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Dreacor said:
    (->): Theophilus, "Why kill the loyals for a fight and then flee? You're the biggest coward in these realms and the entire realm knows it."

This really made my day. :D Sure, I can be a coward when it comes to three or four against one.
    Pretty sure it was just Abigail, but okay.

Anyone can kill your sparrow and watch you scamper away.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Ahkan, Kryss, Abigail...And assuming by your tell, you were coming there also.

And last time I saw you killing my sparrow, you were dead afterwards. Or you ran, whatever.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I also <3@Aleutia :D reading some old logs...

You notice a mounted rider approaching from the distance.
    (Ring): Fensrun says, "Mounted rider incoming! My room: 1681."
    (Ring): You say, "Track pet incoming. Prepare to be boarded. #1681."
    (Ring): Kryss says, "Unannounced track! Outside the gates of Stavenn [1681]."
    (Ring): Aleutia says, "Nyoom."

<3
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Rowynn said:
    I corgi butt you too, @Rowynn!

And while I'm here, I <3@Caelya for impromptu lore discussions. Made my day yesterday!
  • I heart that demonic still RPs.

It may not be meaningful and the RPs may be mini-RPs, but on the thread little RP bites, it's ALL demonic.

What do AM and Magick do to RP? Not being sarcastic... it's a serious question. You have sooo much potential.

If I was AM, I'd be a zealous priest smiting the hell out of people, literally.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Re: killing loyals for a fight

If you kill a loyal denizen of an organization, expect that each member of that organization would want to kill you in return using any means possible. If you want a good old White Knight Duel To The Death, engage each other in a more personal, I Want Your Head In A Pike manner, something that targets a person and not an organization.

2c.

Also, I HEART defiler. Trees are lovely, even twisted ones!
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • To be honest, I have a pretty negative experience with/view of "RP" in some ways (not here, from Achaea, but I worry that the things I don't like are probably common issues in any RP game).  I'm really leery of some aspects of it.  I've seen it end up forcing people to do lots of tedious "requirements" that seem to do nothing but build over time unless an org really dies down for awhile (which, mercifully, Imperian orgs do more than Achaean ones).  I recently had to come up with a "task" for someone in a sect, and... I hope I made it something that character would actually enjoy.  I asked him some questions about what he liked to do and what he felt his strengths were and then made up a little adventure for him to go on and then report back about.  But... I am just leery of that whole sort of RP.  I think there is so much that can go wrong.  If it's "on the fly", you can have people being very arbitrary, and if it's codified, it can be equally arbitrary, but now it's something everyone will have to suffer through.  Our basic newbie intro stuff in the guild is extremely straightforward and geared towards making sure they have the stuff they need and can use it (and I hope it stays that way).  I have mixed feelings about our current city promotion requirements.  In short, I think they could afford some streamlining.  Septus and Khizan in particular still battlefield promote anyway... and I think *especially* newer members really enjoy that sort of thing.  

The other big thing is people getting all uppity over their GR/CR.  It's often not the actual leaders (though it can be), but literally just people who have a high rank in the org looking to lord over others.  Our guild leadership very squarely quashed a pretty brazen attempt to formally reinstate just that sort of officious treatment of "lesser" guild members not too long ago.  And that's not to say I don't enjoy reading some of the logs or interacting with the other circles.  But really, I view all adventurers in any IRE game as being sort of bored, probably somewhat petty, semi-immortal, fairly powerful beings (which I think is pretty accurate).  So to me, everything actually starts with that.  
  • Of course I know that the organization would want the person dead who killed their loyal. But why in the earth would you stay put and wait for the zergtrain to rush you? If I see that I just simply can't handle the situation, I will flee. And for the love of god, I'm not the only one.
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    I heart that demonic still RPs.

It may not be meaningful and the RPs may be mini-RPs, but on the thread little RP bites, it's ALL demonic.

What do AM and Magick do to RP? Not being sarcastic... it's a serious question. You have sooo much potential.

They probably don't share their interactions on the forums. Have you played in other circles lately? There is definitely RP there if you look for it!
  • Verexa said:
    I heart that demonic still RPs.

They probably don't share their interactions on the forums. Have you played in other circles lately? There is definitely RP there if you look for it!
    I only have one character. Ten alts aren't for me.

• Are you sure you want to switch from the Deathknight profession to the Summoner profession? Type in AGREE to 
    confirm.

You have switched from the Deathknight profession to the Summoner profession.

• CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    Are you sure you want to switch from the Deathknight profession to the Summoner profession? Type in AGREE to 
    confirm.

You have switched from the Deathknight profession to the Summoner profession.

Just make sure you don't summon random demon lords... :)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Jules said:
    I recently had to come up with a "task" for someone in a sect, and... I hope I made it something that character would actually enjoy.  I asked him some questions about what he liked to do and what he felt his strengths were and then made up a little adventure for him to go on and then report back about.  
    That sounds like fun.
  • Summoning random demon lords is what we do best. Not to mention letting them escape the summoning circle and have them attempt to cause an apocalypse.
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    Speaking of corgis...I saw this and immediately thought of @Aleutia. I have a feeling this is a true statement.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I heart @Kryss and @Dreacor for a little bit of silly fun... YARR!!
  • Maybe if you weren't letting the inmates run your goddamn asylum you wouldn't be in a situation where all your reasonable players are running away from it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited May 2015
    I've been around for just a few months. My total playing time is like 2 years. I haven't invested like 6-10 years of my life into this game like some of you. So I don't know everyone's past like you all do. Nobody runs Stavenn but Stavenn. I didn't elect anyone Ephor. I appoint people Ministers who ask to be Ministers, which usually totals like 1 person.

I do my best to make Stavenn a good city. I don't let "inmates run my asylum." Everyone has their part. Personally I couldn't care less if people want to AFK in Victory circle or mudsex in Kinsarmar. I'm doing my best. So stop being so rude. It's uncalled for.

Edit: If everyone has such a problem with Abigail and if she was banned for racial slurs (which I was unaware of and have nothing to do with), blame the admin, not me. I don't have SHIT to do with that. Okay?

• VerexaVerexa Canada
    edited May 2015
    Khizan's method of relaying his opinion is often harsh but it is usually poignant. I don't think he is suggesting that you propped her up yourself, but rather you tacitly approved it by allowing her to remain in your org despite her notoriously bad attitude & her distasteful previous actions.

It boils down to you being a major org leader and having made a tacit decision some people disagree with and are criticizing. Abigail does what Abigail does, but you can't possibly assign all the responsibility for your members' actions on the admin for having let him or her back into the game.
  • Until Abigail does something that deserves being ousted while I'm Imperator, I have no right to oust her... regardless of her past.

She has actually been quite helpful to everyone from what I've seen. I know nothing of her little moment of insanity.

• Man, I love these forums.
  • Until Abigail does something that deserves being ousted while I'm Imperator, I have no right to oust her... regardless of her past.

She has actually been quite helpful to everyone from what I've seen. I know nothing of her little moment of insanity.

Moments. Plural.

I am okay with second chances. I am okay with third chances, even, but Abigail is far beyond third chances. She's somewhere around the thirty-second chance or thereabouts and every time somebody gives her a chance with an organization she starts out decently and then ends up pissing it away before burning out spectacularly.

Today's "LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ALL THE DRUGS I TOOK BECAUSE I TOOK ALL THE DRUGS" stuff is pretty much where all these burnouts start, too; it is a cycle I am (sadly) all too familiar with.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Okay, you're right. She may have had many moments. None of which I am aware of.

If you or anyone else who has been around forever were Imperator, you could oust her. I didn't citizen her. When I came back, she was General under Iniar. I don't know how long she was Stavennite before that.

All it boils down to is I have no good reason to make her leave Stavenn and if other citizens leave because of her, I can't help it. They should come to me IC and say, "Hey, I'm leaving Stavenn because of Abi or whoever" instead of some crap like, "I want to embark on a new adventure," or "I want to advance in my Khandavan guild," or anything that isn't the real truth. All Stavennites have to say is "I am going to leave the city if this doesn't change" and it will change. It isn't that hard. Forums and IG are two completely separate things.

• Whew. Don't want to get in the middle of this wailing contest, but I went Khandava because I really just love trees. :(

With that said, I HEART Khandava and its weirdness for being Demonic-but-was-previously-Magick vibe. Did you know we had a Bard from the old days log in and freak out a bit that everything was demonicky :)
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited May 2015
    I left because I've been playing Demonic for 24 months and it's time to STEP UP MY GAME AND BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE. 

e: also, I <3@Celidon. The first help file references fruit bats. :3