Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• edited April 2015
    I was replying to @Siath saying "I wouldn't dislike a way to offer gold/comms for extra faith either. "
  • AlonzoAlonzo Christchurch, New Zealand
    Give the Hunter class some way to increase it's bashing damage on par with every other class. It's actually sort of odd Hunter is the only class without an artifact to do this.
  • Can quickdraw just quietly fail when I try to quickdraw things I am already wielding?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Alonzo said:

Give the Hunter class some way to increase it's bashing damage on par with every other class. It's actually sort of odd Hunter is the only class without an artifact to do this.

Some classes are really bad at PvE (monk in particular the worst at this point with hardly 30 dps with level 2 taekate belt). They started to get all classes up to around 35 dps standard though, so you just have to wait some for it.
  • I seem to recall unartifacted Hunter Bashing being like, 28-31 DPS depending on statpack. I think that at max it gets to like, 42-45 DPS? It feels low after bashing in Predator, Summoner, and Broadsword Runeguard, while being significantly less capable than at least two of those classes at actually tanking mobs while bashing.
  • Unartifacted Mage (in Wise statpack) isn't that great either. 28.38 DPS with Quickcast, 29.41 DPS with Penetration and 27.24 DPS without them. And we all know how tanky Mages are :(
    It hits 37.6 in Fast with +3 strength, and 39.5 in Athletic with the same additional strength. 33.7 dps is the standard Hunter, since Athletic is the statpack choice for new members. A comparable artifact to the Taekate belt would bring it up to 40.4 at a level 3 or 1600 credit investment, which is fair I believe.
    I just rolled a monk too. Athletic kickboxer is 27.7 dps. Gross.
  • I realize I'm in the minority here, but I'd love some sort of Imperian Twitter (since the IRE one doesn't seem to get much use) that announces stuff like events starting, gem hunts, et cetera. I enjoy playing Imperian when stuff is going on, but when it's just AFK hoping for something to happen, my interest rapidly diminishes.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited April 2015
    @Eoghan @Dec @Jeremy (sorry for all the pings but this is important):

The Leechwood sect has been really interested in the shrine system, since there are potentially both big RP ramifications for our expansion, as well as the ever-vague PvE benefits. Since it's pretty clear we're meant to figure out the fine details ourselves, we've been mostly content to just bash bash bash and try and tease out the effects we're seeing, which mostly align with the hints that have been given.

That being said, it would be incredibly useful if a couple of details could be cleared up, since we're getting very inconsistent results:

Is there any sort of hard or soft cap being placed on any of the PvE effects?

If so, does this apply to the in-area effects, or global effects? Does the cap occur per area, or per global shrine count?

Have any details changed (announced or otherwise) since these bonuses were implemented?

These details are pretty critical for us because it's beginning to seem like we're hitting a wall that, until recently, wasn't at all expected.  I'm sure it's pretty clear that taking advantage of shrine networks is incredibly time and resource consuming, so having a clearer idea of what the capacities of the system are would be incredibly appreciated.

EDIT: I meant to post this in the Relics thread and failed miserably. Could this possibly be moved? Or just answered if it's fine here.

• Wysrias said:

@Eoghan @Dec @Jeremy (sorry for all the pings but this is important):

The Leechwood sect has been really interested in the shrine system, since there are potentially both big RP ramifications for our expansion, as well as the ever-vague PvE benefits. Since it's pretty clear we're meant to figure out the fine details ourselves, we've been mostly content to just bash bash bash and try and tease out the effects we're seeing, which mostly align with the hints that have been given.

That being said, it would be incredibly useful if a couple of details could be cleared up, since we're getting very inconsistent results:

Is there any sort of hard or soft cap being placed on any of the PvE effects?

Yes, there is a limit to the PvE effects.  
    Wysrias said:

If so, does this apply to the in-area effects, or global effects? Does the cap occur per area, or per global shrine count?

Limits apply to both the global and in area effect.  The global effects depend on the "shrine levels" ( 1 Level 4 Shrine + 1 Level 1 Shrine = 5 "Shrine Levels") of all the shrines globally.  The area effect depends on the "shrine levels" within that area.  The limits are to prevent crazy powerful bashing increases.  If you want to know if something is a limit, a bug, or a misconception you can bug me.
    Wysrias said:

Have any details changed (announced or otherwise) since these bonuses were implemented?

These details are pretty critical for us because it's beginning to seem like we're hitting a wall that, until recently, wasn't at all expected.  I'm sure it's pretty clear that taking advantage of shrine networks is incredibly time and resource consuming, so having a clearer idea of what the capacities of the system are would be incredibly appreciated.

EDIT: I meant to post this in the Relics thread and failed miserably. Could this possibly be moved? Or just answered if it's fine here.

The bonuses for PvE have not changed since inception.  If you want more PvE bonuses, or if you want PvE relics, then I would recommend suggesting some mechanics.  I'm generally not opposed to things that encourage people to invest more into the shrine system (while being reasonable), but of course I don't have the final say in things. 

@Eoghan will have to move the posts.  He's more special.
  • I did make some recommendations, but I'm not sure they were given much attention.

http://forums.imperian.com/discussion/comment/28184/#Comment_28184
    Wysrias said:

Doublepost, because I didn't want to say "FIX THIS!" without giving any ideas.

Possible ideas for applicable shrine/relic powers:

-
    Bonus to health regeneration for sect members in a shrine's area of
    influence. This (and similar powers) could scale with the total number
    of shrines in the area vs. opposing shrines or something.
    - Bonus to gold drop rate, see above.
    - Bonus to mana regeneration, see above.
    - Temporary bonus (cooldowns) to experience gained in shrine's area.
    - Temporary bonus to belief generation from sacrificing corpses at a shrine.
    - Chance of generating a protective shield when a mob is slain in the shrine's area of influence.
    - Chance of generating a second mob identical to the one slain in the shrine's area of influence (more bashing, aww yes).
    - Chance of various drop commodities (blood, virtue, spirit) forming from a mob when slain.
    - Reduced damage taken from mobiles/bosses in the shrine's area of effect. Possibly increased if actually at a shrine.
    -
    Delayed travel to all shrines in a shrine network for a short duration,
    on a cooldown. VIEWSHRINE SECT generates a list, allow travel directly
    to those shrines via their IDs.
    - Reduced reserve usage in a shrine's area of effect.

These
    could be passive, temporary, cooldown-based, whatever. The point is
    that they'd be much more usable than the current iteration of relics,
    while still forcing people to build shrines to house multiple relics in a
    given area.

• VerexaVerexa Canada
    edited April 2015
    Why is there a limit to PvE bonuses? Our sect has been bashing like crazy for shrines and it seems like it was for naught if there's a cap placed on what kind of benefits are available to us. Leveling up shrines has no effect anymore. What is the point of this system?
  • Everything needs limits.
  • edited April 2015
    The soft (or hard) cap is set way too low if we've already reached, or approached, the end of this system's benefits two months in. It could be an issue of scaling or foresight; either way, it's disappointing as it was providing us with a lot to do, compared to standing around waiting for transient PK opportunities.

I'm still trying to tease out the details, so I could be missing something; as it stands, it feels like a lost opportunity to provide more goals to accomplish in the game.

• I didn't say the cap was at the correct value. Everything does need a cap though.
  • I apologize if you will find this blunt, but your three word post did not convey that much information. If you're going to disagree with something enough to reply, you should put down your thoughts more fully and clearly so they can be understood properly.

Also, because Mean Girls is always relevant, this is the first thing I thought of when I read your earlier post:

• Could we possibly look at the cost of the sapping charge?

Currently, blowing up a flame sigiled thing costs AM 5 iron, 1 glass, 1 silver, 2 blackpowder, and 1 rope. Attaching a flame sigil to something is one silver, and sigil-users can blow it up for one ice. This discrepency is a bit of a pain to deal with.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I would like to take a look an Engineering in general. It's such a fun skill.

No, I'm not saying this only because I recently discovered flintlocks/blunderbusses.

(maybe)

(hands up!)
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • Engineering is okay, but it doesn't have enough clockwork horses, or clockwork falcons, or clockwork giraffes.  

• While I can see the logic behind not letting highfavours stack. Not letting benevolence stack with a highfavour has effectively made it virtually worthless. The faith/belief for benevolence is identical to 2hrs of a highfavour meaning you gain NOTHING for using benevolence now. Unless your sect is selfish about highfavour you've rendered an entire ritual obsolete.
  • While I personally liked being able to run around with +2 (conservative estimate) in all stats permanently, I don't think it was really that balanced. Personally I'd rather see either (or any combination of):
    - lowering benevolence in the ritual tree.
    - Lowering the faith cost.
    - Making benevolence not tick down while you have a highfavour, so they can extend one another.
  • We're currently leaning towards replacing the effect with another, but no decision has been reached on that yet.
  • edited May 2015
    Any chance I could get more accurate mob health info somehow? My system usually calculates mob health pretty accurately, but these 170% remaining mobs mess me up pretty bad.

Also, what kind of damage is this second part of this attack? Or am I just accidentally gagging the damage type somehow?

<350H85 430M97 0b <eb db> <0 0>> 77.13 0 [Spirit AU 0m 0bp] 
    With a cock of its head, an amorphous sloth eyes pierce your soul and a heavy weight seems to burden 
    you; and as the weight recedes you can't help but feel drained.
    Damage Taken: 89 unblockable (raw damage: 99)
    Damage Taken: 132  (raw damage: 147)
    <128H31 430M97 0b <eb db> <0 0>> 77.13 0 [Spirit AU 0m 0bp] 
  • Has any admin said anything about adding properties to weaponlist yet? I was honestly surprised when that wasn't done before beta was closed, and I'm even more surprised that after a few months of hiatus, I come back and it's still not been added.
  • Will some of the tradeskill comms be looked at? Ever since the comm revamp some of costs have been extraordinarily high specifically in the woodcrafting and masonry tradeskills. For instance a stone fountain in masonry costs 800 stone on the base design. Using kinsarmar's stone cost of 338 that puts the cost of creating a fountain at 272,350 gold. Woodcrafting items like beds(75 wood), chests, bookcases,(100 wood) use much more comms than their metalworking counterparts.
  • edited May 2015
    I'd also love to see the removal of most of the npc shops in cities. A lot of the prices in them do nothing but trap newbies, and other than inks the items can be gathered in player shops. I think it would be a step in a good direction to remove them. For each city's bar perhaps it could be turned player run by the city's ministry of culture. With the same mechanics used in house bars/pantrys. This would allow the culture ministry to change the foods/drinks in there; it would cost their own comms but they would also keep the profits of the sale. It would also serve to align the food prices of the bars to new comm prices
  • Sumie said:

I'd also love to see the removal of most of the npc shops in cities. A lot of the prices in them do nothing but trap newbies, and other than inks the items can be gathered in player shops. I think it would be a step in a good direction to remove them. For each city's bar perhaps it could be turned player run by the city's ministry of culture. With the same mechanics used in house bars/pantrys. This would allow the culture ministry to change the foods/drinks in there; it would cost their own comms but they would also keep the profits of the sale. It would also serve to align the food prices of the bars to new comm prices

What kinds of items are you referring to in the npc shops when you say they operate as "newbie traps"? The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are the shields (which aren't even real shields as you can't weapon probe them).  BUt other than that, the "general store" in cities is where you can usually find one-off things that no one ever (or rarely) sells, like shovels, picks, falconry gloves, incense burners, quivers, books, journals, etc. I don't think I would want to see those go away.
  • I bet she's thinking of something like that weapon or shield you tried to reforge for a newbie (in other words, remove some of the terrible items from city NPC shops).  
  • Sumie said:

Will some of the tradeskill comms be looked at? Ever since the comm revamp some of costs have been extraordinarily high specifically in the woodcrafting and masonry tradeskills. For instance a stone fountain in masonry costs 800 stone on the base design. Using kinsarmar's stone cost of 338 that puts the cost of creating a fountain at 272,350 gold. Woodcrafting items like beds(75 wood), chests, bookcases,(100 wood) use much more comms than their metalworking counterparts.

Fountains and statues and bookshelves and beds are amazingly annoying things because removing them requires players to get assistance from the administration; I am 100% okay with those things having an exorbitant cost so that people don't just slap that crap around wherever they want.