Skip to content

Artifact Changes

13»

Comments

• Artifact armours get +10 over regular ones.
  • edited April 2015
    Why not sell artifact armour tokens for 150 credits to turn your current armour into an artifact?  Like the resist rings which offer +10.

Not a serious proposal, as this would hurt smithing.  Just saying the cost to benefit ratio is non-existant in the current form.
  •  122          a shining suit of symbol-covered fi...  900 Credits
      123          a shimmering suit of splintmail         800 Credits
      124          a suit of sparkling chainmail           700 Credits
      125          a suit of gleaming scalemail            600 Credits
      126          a suit of wyvernhide armour             400 Credits
      201          an iridescent suit of ring mail         500 Credits

In the age of quicksilver armour, I can't see anyone paying that many credits for any of that for a  +10/10.  I mean fieldplate is 900 credits, the  cost of an entire  new class.
  • Especially when you don't have to have trans smithing for fullplate now.
  • Artifact armor has never been worth it, this changes nothing.
  • Actually, what it means is that I no longer can smith armor better than artifact.
  • Knights have a weird thing going right now with artifact weapons, in that their PvP damage artifact is separate from their bashing damage artifact.

Spears, flails, glaives, maces, collars, taekate belts, sitaras... all of these things increase both PvE damage and PvP damage for the classes using them. Knights, on the other hand, can drop 350 credits on their longsword/axe/claymore for PvP and end up bashing with a 0% dps increase cause they're still better off bashing with a vanilla broadsword. Similarly, the knight who drops 350cr on a bashing upgrade isn't going to get anything out of that weapon in PvP. This is an irritating discrepancy.

I'm not sure what the solution to this is, frankly, but I really think it's something that should be addressed.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AlonzoAlonzo Christchurch, New Zealand
    And Hunter has absolutely nothing.