Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Iniar said:

Ultrix gets down on one knee and, while holding forth an opaline balloon shaped into a battleaxe, declares her eternal love for Dec, and asks him to marry her.

Dec, with a look of utter joy on his face, accepts Ultrix's proposal of marriage.

You missed the best line:

You get down on one knee and, while holding forth an opaline balloon shaped into  a battleaxe, you declare your eternal love for Dec, and ask him to marry you.
    Dec, with a look of utter joy on his face, accepts your proposal of marriage.
    You cheer wildly!
    Caelya opens her mouth and slowly says, "Uhhh."
    You say, "Take that, Khizan."
  • Caelya extends a clenched fist towards Ultrix and focuses on her mecromantic powers. Black energy starts crackling around her hand.

Caelya going wild and started to use her very own MECROMANTIC.
  • Mecromander apparently.

• Iniar said:

She is recently engaged to be married to Dec!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please, @celosyi :(
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • You tell Lady @Nethra Aertsen-Aracelia, "What is your primary goal, child? Before you slumber and never wake 
    again, what is it you wish to accomplish in this realm?"

Nethra tells you, "My primary goal? I aspire to be someone like you.."

You tell Lady Nethra Aertsen-Aracelia, "That is an interesting response--and a humbling one at that.."

You tell Lady Nethra Aertsen-Aracelia, "Who is someone like me?"

Nethra tells you, "Someone others can look up to for guidance - whether it be political, religious, combative 
    or personal. A leader who isn't afraid to do what is needed for the betterment of his city, his guild, his 
    family, or whomever else he deems as worthy enough."

Easily one of the nicest IC things someone has ever said to Theo.

(Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    (Newb): Ozreas says, "Dear Iniar."

(Newb): Ozreas says, "It is time for bed."

(Newb): Ozreas says, "Sincerely, Kira."

(Ring): You say, "Ozreas left NW."

(Newb): You say, "Dear Kira."

The following members of the clan of Official Fixal Sandflare Fan Club are online:
    Antipaladin, Iniar Nullheart

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • IniarIniar Australia
    (Ring): Ifreann says, "I should make a meeting for Caanae merchants and we all should raise to herb prices in shops :D."
    (Ring): Selthis says, "There needs to be some sort of benefit to not having a market stall though."
    (Ring): Mereis says, "My wealth is primarily from slavery."
    (Ring): Selthis says, "City shops basically languish."
    (Ring): Selthis says, "Which is kinda crappy."
  • (off topic, but I get what Selthis is saying =/ )
  • People were talking about how they made gold and I'm like

"Hey Nigometh, what up bro."
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Eltarn has been bludgeoned to death by an elite inebriated dwarven sentry.
    Cordilia has been hacked to death by an elite Warden marksman.
    731[100] 418[100] eb db 0 100 4.41 0 
    A bubbling noise is heard as a toxic stench emanates from a fountain of twisted stone.
    Jules has been hacked to death by an elite inebriated dwarven sentry.
    ((Monolith)): Septus (11477, the Iaat Valley)
    Your essence slowly drains away as you strain to maintain your aura of death.
    Jules has been electrocuted to death by an elite Warden lancer.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    This is what you call 'aggressive raiding' :3

731[100] 418[100] eb db 0 98 4.41 0 
    The shifting form of a masked man, Aspect of Moradeim enters from the east.
    A masked man's flesh is set alight by the Ouroboros.
    A masked man gives the Raksha Band to Mathiaus.
    Septus's mask falls away.
    All of Septus's reflections wink out of existence!
    Mathiaus twists his ring and fades from view.
    rt Mathiaus twisted their raksha band.
    (Ring): You say, "Mathiaus twisted their raksha band."
    A cannon ball races in from the southeast, rips through Septus's body, and streaks northwestward.
    A cannon ball races in from the west, rips through Septus's body, and streaks eastward.
    A cannon ball races in from the west, rips through Septus's body, and streaks eastward.
    A cannon ball races in from the southeast, rips through Septus's body, and streaks northwestward.
    The last vestiges of strength having ebbed from Septus's body, he sinks to the floor with a sigh. 
    Suddenly, your surroundings are enveloped in a blinding white light, forcing you to cower with your 
    hands over your eyes. When you tentatively open them once more, you are astonished to find Septus 
    alive once more.
    rt Redemption - Septus|rt Redemption - Septus|
    Septus purge.
    Septus twists his ring and fades from view.
    rt Septus twisted their raksha band.
    (Ring): You say, "Redemption - Septus."
    (Ring): You say, "Redemption - Septus."
    (Ring): You say, "Septus twisted their raksha band."
    731[100] 418[100] eb db 0 100 4.41 0 imp 1
    quickdraw sabre shield|impale  1|
    You quickdraw a curved sabre, a truesilver shield.
    -(anti-weapon field).
    Autocuring: smoke pipe with linseed
    You take a long drag off your pipe, filling your lungs with linseed smoke.
    +(smoke).
    +(anti-weapon field).
    The sky darkens visibly as a volcano in the distance releases a cloud of ash high into the air.
    Your essence slowly drains as you maintain your putrefaction.
    731[100] 418[100] eb db 0 98 4.41 0 
    Septus lets loose a roar of triumph as he becomes a Champion of mortalkind.
    Mathiaus has been hacked to death by Septus.
    Cleared all variables on Mathiaus.
  • But people payed stupid amounts of money for those rings.  So they should remain broken and hurting the game.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2015
    As you hold it up to your face, the surface of the mirror unclouds and reveals the image of Septus to you.
    He is an athletic scorched. He stands at just under six feet in height. Keen, grey eyes stare out from slightly hollow sockets, and the skin of his face seems slightly paler than is healthy. He is slight of build, but not frail; his arms and legs possessing muscle definition. His hands are strangely delicate looking, long, thin fingers seeming out of proportion to the rest of his body, although they possess the same unhealthy tinge as the rest of his visible skin. He is wearing 8 pocketbelts, a charm bracelet, a yellow wedge-shaped hat, a tarnished coin medal, and a festive birthday hat. He wields a mithril broadsword in his left hand. He has been branded with the Mark of Arctar and the Mark of Cadmus.

I see the similarities.
  • FTFY

TIL Septus is Ray Fiennes. Makes sense.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • edited April 2015
    Sent By: Jeremy on 4/20/2015/19:36
    As you have quit Ithaqua the point is moot. However, you can never kick anyone out of a city when an election or contestation has been made. Does not matter what the rules of the city are.

Replied regarding concerns about metagaming, political chicanery and obvious and apparent roleplay.

Sent By: Jeremy on 4/20/2015/19:39
    Unless they are attacking and killing citizen at that point, I don't really care. They get a fair shake. They can be punished and kicked out after the election.

Well, sure. Why worry about roleplay, political chicanery or metagaming? I mean, death in Imperian is pretty much the biggest deal and definitely the most long-lasting consequence a city or council has to worry about. A possible regime brought on by metagaming, external politics and the ignoring of in-game laws doesn't even compare to have to deal with player-death. Besides, this is Ithaqua. We certainly don't just kill people for no good reason.

Announce 894:The next guildmaster to throw a contester out without being able to provide demonstrable proof that it was absolutely necessary will find
    that he or she no longer has a guild to run.

Announce 962: I'm going to clarify this once and for all. If you kick somebody out of any organisation while that person is involved in an election, you must
    be able to provide clear proof that he/she -must- have been removed
    from that organization.

?_?

Which I provided - to such a glorious narrative, it definitely did not all fit in the replyissue. The issue, of course, that I knew was coming and was not concerned about due to the overwhelming evidence presented by Ithaqua regarding what was happening with Storms as perceived by a solid handful of citizens. Well, I guess so long as no one is dying.

You win this round, @Rasca. I'm sure I'll get you next time, Gadget.
  • edited April 2015
    You cannot kick people out that have contested. Period. 

The only exceptions are if that player is actively killing citizens or has already lost an election and instantly re-contests to avoid being kicked.

Edit: I suppose dismissing all the guards or taking all the org gold are the types of things that qualify also. However, just because they want to kick out the existing leadership and are planning it secretly is definitely not a good reason.

• edited April 2015
    Jeremy said:

You cannot kick people out that have contested. Period. 

The only exceptions are if that player is actively killing citizens or has already lost an election and instantly re-contests to avoid being kicked.
    Oh, okay. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: If that's what you read out of everything that happened, I obviously need to work on my narrative-writing skills. Or you need to read more things about Ithaqua. One of those! Maybe both.
  • edited April 2015
    Edit: Shameful display on my part, even for me.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • I don't really have a dog in this fight, and I'm still semi newish to Imperian, but I think Jeremy's point as well as the point of the announce you quoted is that you can't throw out contenders unless they've broken some sort of rule.

Icly plotting for their sect to take over your home? Not a good reason to kick them out during an election. It's rp, roll with it. Campaign against it. They aren't breaking any rules.

They don't like you, and the feeling is mutual? Not a good reason to kick them out during an election.

They rolled a lot of alts or had people join Ithaqua just so they could take over? You might have a case there.
  • Yasu said:

I don't really have a dog in this fight, and I'm still semi newish to Imperian, but I think Jeremy's point as well as the point of the announce you quoted is that you can't throw out contenders unless they've broken some sort of rule.

Icly plotting for their sect to take over your home? Not a good reason to kick them out during an election. It's rp, roll with it. Campaign against it. They aren't breaking any rules.

They don't like you, and the feeling is mutual? Not a good reason to kick them out during an election.

They rolled a lot of alts or had people join Ithaqua just so they could take over? You might have a case there.

1. Jeremy is refusing to acknowledge that he doesn't really have a clue of why any of that happened, and just assumes it has to do with anyone attempting to overthrow anything. Jeremy is actively mistaken in his understanding of why any of this occurred and is making his own presumptions on the matter - and since he is, in fact, the boss of me, this is OK.

2. I actually very much like @Rasca. I offered him my seat. I'd be more than thrilled if he had it. Rasca, unfortunately, contested at the same time Xuli made some poor, pushy choices, so far as Calais was aware, towards Ithaqua. Ithaqua did what Ithaqua does with pushy deities. Regrettably, the many reasons I offered Jeremy had nothing to do with PK, and therefore, did not fall under the concept of 'good' reasons. Whoops. Now I know.

3. IC rules were broken, which apparently are irrelevant since they don't involve people dying. Additionally, the 'RP' didn't actually happen in game on the hands of said opponents, other than Xuli, which was reacted to in this way. So, the rolling with it is difficult, and what rolling with did occur, was what Imperian witnessed the end of.

That aside, this topic is so dead. The mistake was mine for not knowing what the administration considers a 'good' reason until after the fact. Misunderstandings all around!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    10) (2015/04/21 02:52) Eldreth: "Story of my life right here.... (Ring): You say, "RIDER APPROACHING." Alvetta fades to a faint outline of crimson before vanishing entirely to the southwest. A bright flash of blue light blinds you as Aakrin suddenly disintegrates, leaving puffs of smoke behind."

I feel bad for you. If only they would be a little more courageous, you would have a ridiculously scary team. :( I would be frightened of rolling into a combat-savvy Aakrin/Alvetta/Eldreth/Risca team of pwnage.
  • edited April 2015
    "A generic Writ of Creation shouldn't be here but is."

Pattern: vial (142) by Kaelli.
    Appearance: a vial depicting Trez
    Dropped: Resting upright on the rounded bottom, a vial depicting the Deathknight Trez is here.
    Examined: Holding a bulbous design with a weighted bottom, this vial has been shaped to display its 
    iconography right side up when dropped or set aside. Though the base design has been manufactured with elegant 
    simplicity, the true artistry of the item is presented in the intricate etchings which adorn the vial. 
    Meticulous care has been given to drawing out the form of a heavily armored Kohdon knight. Carefully placed 
    lines and clever angles give the effigy a lifelike appearance; the tiniest details masterfully rendered, from 
    the inevitable scuff marks on his armor to the scarred scales of his hide. The detailed minutia of the image 
    reveals the knight to be of advanced age. However, his posture is straight and regal and his body maintains 
    the solid build of one born and bred to a martial lifestyle. Resting just below his chin, his gauntlet covered 
    fingers are laced together, resting upon the pommel of a massive greatsword, the weapon nearly the same height 
    and width as its owner. Completing the artistic adornment of this piece, a finely etched mist radiates forth 
    from the knight. The carefully crafted image wraps around the vial, the edges of the stylized fog seeming to 
    form the heads of dire ravens.

• 9 out of 10 artisans would have a very different take on how to depict Trez on a vial
    :D
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Cordilia has declared you a formal enemy of the Sect of Storms.

Apparently dropping banners of Stavenn and the Noctusari in their temple is frowned upon.

• @Theophilus, I approve of this.
  • Rhysor the Demon Emperor looks to be weak and feeble.

Rhysor the Demon Emperor slowly wakens, looking fit and refreshed.

Rhysor the Demon Emperor looks to be crushingly strong.