Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I always roll vanguard, cause I like punching krogan to death.
  • New Vegas has been super fun, I like that companions and some quest givers are somewhat capable of doing things
  • Cities: Skylines

Good if you like Sim City stuff.

• Just started playing Path of Exile with @Krysaliss. It's a F2P Diablo clone on Steam.

The class system is very loose, and you have a combination of ye item grinding, a Materia-lite system for skills, and a "sphere grid" for passive effects (stats, damage, speed, etc). Your class determines some quest rewards and where you start on the passives grid.
  • If you play on hardcore or any of the pvp modes, watch out for desynch. Unless they fixed it. It could get out of  hand at times when I played it a while ago.
  • Lost a WoE Dual Strike character to that exact thing. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited April 2015
    I seem to remember that being a super issue for Whirlwind characters. I was playing a character with their focus on Whirlwind and Dual Strike. Was good stuff. I really liked the gem skill system thing a lot. A pretty great system to build a game around. Hell, even the market was an interesting system.
  • Dipped my toes back into DayZ, some of the recent patches have been super badass. Most recently they overhauled the loot distribution so you actually have to head inland to find guns and decent kit. Chernarus+ looks better than ever, too.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • Final Fantasy Record Keeper. It is basically just a nostalgia trap, but as mobile games go it is really friendly to people not looking to spend money.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Bathan said:

Final Fantasy Record Keeper. It is basically just a nostalgia trap, but as mobile games go it is really friendly to people not looking to spend money.

Yaaassss, I just started playing that. It's an amazing little mobile time-killer. Maybe just because I'm a FF fan girl. :( 

I vaguely kinda sorta started trying to play WoW again. 

I don't know if I'll stick with it. I never do. I am always left with a lingering feeling that somewhere I'm missing the 'fun' part of the game and eventually I'll land on it if I keep trying. We'll see. 
  • Rasca said:

Dipped my toes back into DayZ, some of the recent patches have been super badass. Most recently they overhauled the loot distribution so you actually have to head inland to find guns and decent kit. Chernarus+ looks better than ever, too.

Ooh, that sounds great. Looks like I'll have to get back into DayZ again soon. Dangit.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited April 2015
    Better than it ever has been. Just so you know, persistence is enabled on all servers, and the only loot spawns that are tied to proper locations are for weapons... loosely. I found an AUG and coupled mags in an outhouse behind one of those red houses with the ladder on the side that had contained a plate carrier, with attachable pouches. I'm also toting a PSO and cannot for the life of me find 101 mags... so if either of you are on 3pp public and want to trade some flashbangs or nades or other similar rare stuff I might have you might want... I'm salivating for 101 mags. :[

Realized this should have context so post is WRT DayZ a la @Xuli @Rasca

ETA: If you liked the game for what standalone was supposed to be: a survival simulator, you will love the current iteration more than anything previous. If you want more coastal deathmatch/overpoch type play, you will be very disappointed on the normal north-south loot runs on the west side of the map.
  • Pillars of Eternity. Must save often.
  • Uh oh, Grand Theft Auto V is out, I never played it, and it justifies the entire existence of my beefy graphics card. *disappears for a lil bit*
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • edited April 2015
    Vicar Amelia in NG+ is a nightmare. Just saying...

(Just finally beat her the first try after posting this. =D)
  • Rogue Legacy is addictive. I'd call it rogue-lite-lite, but it's got dungeon crawling, side scrolling goodness with enough pain on death to make you want to live and enough permanent advancement to not make you feel like tossing the screen when you die.
  • For anyone who likes roguelikes, Tales of Maj'eyal was on steam sale this last weekend, but even without the sale it's a darn good pickup. It's been actively developed for half a decade (at least) and has a ridiculous number of unlockables. A friend recommended it, and not only did it eat up a good portion of my downtime at work this weekend, I've watched my steam friends list slowly convert to just a list of people playing this game.

• GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    Been trying out D&D 5.0 for the last few months.
  • http://io9.com/nightmare-video-game-turns-your-house-into-a-horror-mov-1701072844

Why am I even... "Where are those games that are so believable, and so immersive, that you're afraid to play them?"  I can't look, but tell me more...  Also what is the guy in the comments (saying he wouldn't play this at home, but he'd play it work) thinking.  Has this guy never worked late alone in a creepy building?  Anyway wow, wow, but no, but wow, but no.
  • Gabriel said:

What's your opinion on it after playing it for longer than, oh, a session or three? I don't meet many people who do, regretfully, so I'm interested.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

picked up that and KOTOR 2, been digging it so far
  • GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    Sarrius said:
    What's your opinion on it after playing it for longer than, oh, a session or three? I don't meet many people who do, regretfully, so I'm interested.
    It's a huge improvement over 4.0. I'm still a 3.5 fan but... taken on its own, 5.0 is GOOD. They threw out a lot of the huge math (+1+4+3-5 blah blah) with just granting advantage or disadvantage for most circumstances. Advantage is you roll two d20 and take the higher result, Disadvantage is the same but taking the lower. It really speeds up game play (as far as some mechanics). Sadly, there is no fix for derp players who absolutely MUST figure out some way to sparkle and be a super hero every round.

I took a page out of the Imperian playbook and started them PKing each other for being morons. No xp for PK though. :/
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Elder
    Scrolls

The endgame content is so grindy since the game is in early stages, but there's RP guilds, 3 factions worth of questing to choose from, and the world is the most detailed and beautiful of any MMO I've ever played.

Time for honesty: group finder being described as lackluster is like saying Dahmer was 'kinda rude', pvp feels clunky, coming from a WoW player that was over 2200 in 2's and usually 3's and later over 2k in RBG's.
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    I have been enjoying the crap out of Age of Wonders III (when my hero isn't being used as cannon fodder by an ally). Also, I've just started Guild Wars 2, which is grindy as heck but it's growing on me.
  • Warframe. Space Ninjas.
  • moved on to KOTOR 2 and thanks to Steam sales, I have the Witcher 1 and 2 and Double Dragon Neon in my backlog

yay and curse you Steam sales
  • Started a character on Achaea. Better than Aetolia but not better than Imperian.

Paladin in Targ if anyone else plays.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I just recently discovered Shadowrun (Returns & Dragonfall) in advance of the Hong Kong release this summer. Woah. How did I miss this?
  • Started a character on Achaea. Better than Aetolia but not better than Imperian.

Paladin in Targ if anyone else plays.
    I really do think there are a fair few people in Achaea that would be MUCH happier here in Imperian, or at the very least, they'd be happier alternating between the two games depending on what they're in the mood for.  Although it's been toned down somewhat as its player base grew up and had to like... work, Achaea really is still for the more hard core gamers in terms of PK, and really, even in terms of RP.  It follows much more of an "addict" gaming model (not that Imperian isn't addictively fun, because it is).  A lot of people just don't realize there are other options I think.  I didn't.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Bring them over. But @Ultrix will vet them first!
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure