Skip to content

Inked!

Because I agree, we need a tattoo thread. I'll start. Lemme see whatcha got. 

Compass rose composite design. Part a stock photo I dug up somewhere combined with alterations from me and my artist. He did a phenomenal job with what I came to him with. I went to half a dozen other dudes and they all had truly boring suggestions or informed me I couldn't get what I wanted where I wanted it. I LOVE it there. I can see it, which was the point. It's to remind me to keep chasing my dreams. Rawr. 

This one is incredibly difficult for me to take a picture of. Awkward angle no matter what I do. The script needs a touchup. It's a memorial for Sethren/Verick. He's a big part of why I keep at my writing goals. It was meant to be a quill, somehow lost the tip. Still love it, going to go get that fixed next time I have spare cash around. 

Comments

• I have no tattoos, but I find them very interesting and artful.  Please more postings!
  • I have way too many to post all of them, so I'll try to get a few of my favs (I have 17 btw)
  • edited March 2015
    Sith Code and..a demon? 

EDIT: not sure why they're so small. fail
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Nothing special for mine.

• CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    Foot, unhidden! Also, behind my right ear. The last ones I have are my eyebrows. Yes. My eyebrows are tattooed.
  • I am seriously considering sneaking a picture of the ultra nerdy Kabaal tattoo. But I am not sure I can run fast enough for that.
  • Apparently, threatening to post a crappy picture stolen while he was in the shower convinced him to let me take a less crappy picture of it. @Kabaal is a nerd. 

And fuzzy. 

I win. And I probably should have cropped this, holy crap.

• Greek for "wisdom."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Greek for "wisdom."

Also the capital of Bulgaria. If, you know, you wrote it with Greek letters for some reason.
  • EllarynthEllarynth Nashville, TN
    My tattoos and piercings are far too awesome for mortals to gaze upon.
  • I'm just over here resisting the allure of tattoos because I know (hope?) that someday I won't be into Samurai swords and pugs enough to justify a permanent drawing on my skin. :(
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • First of all, yes. Yes! GET THAT GLORIOUS BASTARD INKED BATHAN. 

Ahem. 

Okay, now that I'm better. 

Tattoos are a visible record of your life. It doesn't matter, IMO, if you are forever into samurai swords and pugs. It matters that at one point in your life they -were- so important to you that you decided to have them permanently recorded on your flesh. Or that you were so inspired by some life event that you did so. Or! That you really, really, really should never let yourself get -that- drunk in Tijuana with -that- particular friend again. Even terrible tattoos have a place. (Something @Kabaal is thankful for, I'm sure). 
  • My fav tattoo is a coverup, just saying.
  • Thank you for sharing that, @Ellarynth. The best tattoos are the ones with a story. I know the strength it takes to escape and the courage it takes to step forward and discuss it. <3 
  • edited October 2015
    Only a session or two left to finish! I've left my right arm alone for a long time but finally giving in to some more ink. The start of an arm full of zombies (will eventually include some raccoon city shout outs).

Edit: it will be less red and swollen in a few days. And it's a cover up hence the hair falling to the in side of the arm not out side
  • Posting from work, so I am not sure if this picture will be giant or whatever since its from my phone, but I got this...my only tattoo a few years ago, as those who play Magic the Gathering will know, the Red Mana Symbol has a philosophy with which I identify.
  • edited October 2015
    My necklace is backwards, as shown, so I can see it properly in the mirror. It's lyrics from one of my favorite songs on one of my favorite albums by my favorite band. Look. They're why I write poems.
    My forearm is Virgo, because I am one and it matters a lot. It's also my initials, NP
    My wrist is a cover-up of my first tattoo, the three moons symbol of balance - of which I have none.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Oystir said:
    My necklace is backwards, as shown, so I can see it properly in the mirror. It's lyrics from one of my favorite songs on one of my favorite albums by my favorite band. Look. They're why I write poems.
    My forearm is Virgo, because I am one and it matters a lot. It's also my initials, NP
    My wrist is a cover-up of my first tattoo, the three moons symbol of balance - of which I have none.
    <3 Virgo.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • edited January 2016
    Not sure why my post was blank .. still new to forums I guess. Anyway this is a tattoo I had to cover up a name.  Unfortunately now it has settled down I still need to get it touched over again as it is still visible to me. Plus the idea was to have other flowers joined to it on a water scene. My tattoo artist moved so I'm in limbo at the moment waiting to get a new person to fix/finish it but it's a start. 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I don't think I'd ever get tattoos in real life...

He has been branded with the Mark of the Porcupine and the Mark of the Tiger.

#sexy
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

• Pi* @Lartus