Skip to content

Artifact Changes

edited February 2015 in New Ideas
Announce 2963 was a first pass at some repricing and changes to make some artifact that nobody uses a little more tempting.

If you have any suggestions for other artifacts, please post them here. I am not going to be dropping prices on many more and don't ask about weapon artifacts, those will not be changing.

I am really looking for more ways to improve/change the functionality of the existing artifacts to make them more interesting. If you have any suggestions, put them here.

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2015
    Did you change the price for Phantom's Haste? I vaguely feel like I paid more than 800 credits for it, but I honestly won't remember.

Also, kudos for lowering prices, I know it wouldn't have been an easy decision to make.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Yeah. I just reduced that one. I forgot to. I will post about it later.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Kthx
  • There are six resist rings but the announce only mentions five - was that just an oversight or has fire resist price not been reduced? (I think it was fire missing from the list)
  • Also another question - - does celerity armband affect walking via path find/path go? If not, that would be nice if it was changed so it did.
  • That was an oversight. It has been fixed.

• I'd like to propose reducing the price of the telescope as well. 300 credits, or $105, is a lot for something that should honestly just be a general skill.
  • Hrm, if we bought that fire resist ring pretty recently will we get a difference refund?
  • edited February 2015
    Verexa said:

I'd like to propose reducing the price of the telescope as well. 300 credits, or $105, is a lot for something that should honestly just be a general skill.

I actually disagree with this. The ability to scout is one of the perks of trailblazing/pioneering, and it's pretty high up in the skillset so you are going to be spending nearly the equivalent of 300 credits to gain access to the skill. Demonic has access to a similar skill via soulsense. It's equally distributed across 2 professions for each circle. There should be a price to pay for the convenience of not being in that profession and having access to the skill (or something similar).

If anything, lifevision mask should have its cost reduced to be 300 credits to be on par with the telescope as it's a similar profession-based skill with similar distributions across circles with the lifesense ability.
  • @Jeremy, I am not sure if this is the right place to propose this, but I'd like to see artifact flasks be moved into token wares at a price of 2 or 3 tokens per flask. I am not sure how well artifact flasks normally sell at 40 credits each, but it seems like there is an upper limit on the number a person would purchase for a shop (12 for concoctions, 24 if you want to cover general toxins).
  • Ultrix said:

Verexa said:

I'd like to propose reducing the price of the telescope as well. 300 credits, or $105, is a lot for something that should honestly just be a general skill.

I actually disagree with this. The ability to scout is one of the perks of trailblazing/pioneering. Demonic has access to a similar skill via soulsense. It's equally distributed across 2 professions for each circle. There should be a price to pay for the convenience of not being in that profession and having access to the skill (or something similar).

If anything, lifevision mask should have its cost reduced to be 300 credits to be on par with the telescope as it's a similar profession-based skill with similar distributions across circles with the lifesense ability.
    Yes, there should be a price to pay, but I don't think it should be that high for a convenience skill that isn't even integral to the class' function. The price is a touch too high for me right now or else I'd own it already.
  • The benefit of the getting the skillset in the class is that you get more for less. Its a pure value  decision. Anyone who picks up outrider just  to Warden just for scout is dumb.  Trailblazing is a pretty amazing all around skill.  Pretty sure its like that for all the classes that get scout.

I bought the telescope sure, but almost didn't. I wouldn't have agonized over it if it was 100-150 credits rather than 300 and Imperian would have had a sure sale. 

• If you're going to make flasks cost token, Maybe it a 1 for 1.  Also make artifact vials like soulstones, 2 vials per token.  
  • edited February 2015
    Eh. When caravans first came out, it was worth spending 300 credits on a telescope to be able to scout for caravan traders in areas because no one could find them and no one had any beacons. It's also incredibly useful for finding certain mobs and their locations -- helpful for both questing and bashing.

I get that some people will always be in the boat of "it should be cheaper" but I suppose I will be a data point for "paid 300 credits and have found it to be worth the value." I should further note that wheen the telescope first came out, you could not share your telescope with someone else. That restriction was lifted and now anyone with the telescope can use it even if it is borrowed, making it more appealing.

I think if the price were to change it should only drop to 250, not the 100 or 150 that is being floated around. There is a lot of utility in being able to loan out the telescope.
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    edited February 2015
    I understand your point as well, but your argument isn't particularly convincing when it relies on a situation that no longer applies for one thing, and you're trying to convince me that it's worth almost an entire skillset cost when it really isn't. As it stands now, finding caravans doesn't pose as much of a hassle as you've noted. The telescope is thus mostly useful for questing and bashing. It's not a matter of "it should be cheaper" because I want it to be, but rather that it doesn't hold a 300 credit or $105 value.

Edit: You've edited your post to suggest you're okay with a slight price drop now, making this reply a little less relevant. I never suggested changing it to 100 credits, for the record. I firmly believe 150-200 credits is a fair deal.
  • Points have been raised on both sides, time to move on before the thread gets derailed.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited February 2015
    Jules said:

Hrm, if we bought that fire resist ring pretty recently will we get a difference refund?

I'm also wondering if those of us that bought these prior to price drops will be refunded the difference. I have to say I would not have seen a price drop on Impy in a trillion years. I'd still like the difference refunded but i'm definitely going to reverse my decision not to spend any tax return money to get those resist rings.

I'd also like to note that you have refunded the cost change difference before.
  • I am confident that you will not get a refund, just like how the surcoat price increase didn't result in people getting a bill.

Maybe you could get one if you purchased one of these things in like the last week or so, but if you've had it for a while you're almost certainly SOL.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Right. If you purchased these in the last week or so, shoot me a message.

• Jeremy said:

don't ask about weapon artifacts, those will not be changing.
    I am going to break your rule and ask about weapon artifacts. 

Specifically, I am interested in how the pricing of them works. After the smithing changes, an L2 spear will add +15% damage to an Outrider attack for 600 credits. However, to get the same effect as a knight, I have to pay 800 credits. Is this because the Outrider spear only functions for one class but I can carry the claymore with me between Runeguard/DK/Templar?

If that's the case, why are the javelin/glaive/flail/mace/sitara all class-specific and at an 800cr pricepoint?

I've got the L2 shifter already, so I don't actually have a horse in this race. I'd just like artifact weapon prices to have some parity between classes.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Could we have dice have an option of how many we would like to roll?

As well, it would be nice if brooch of the tempest let us bypass druid's whirlwind.

Lastly, DESTROY FLIPBOOTS WITH FIRE. :(
  • So artifact pets still say you need an auction pet for mount/track, but auctions aren't really a thing anymore...so are tracking pets a thing of the past?
  • Khizan said:

Jeremy said:

don't ask about weapon artifacts, those will not be changing.
    I am going to break your rule and ask about weapon artifacts. 

Specifically, I am interested in how the pricing of them works. After the smithing changes, an L2 spear will add +15% damage to an Outrider attack for 600 credits. However, to get the same effect as a knight, I have to pay 800 credits. Is this because the Outrider spear only functions for one class but I can carry the claymore with me between Runeguard/DK/Templar?

If that's the case, why are the javelin/glaive/flail/mace/sitara all class-specific and at an 800cr pricepoint?

I've got the L2 shifter already, so I don't actually have a horse in this race. I'd just like artifact weapon prices to have some parity between classes.
    I have been debating it a little, but I am not going to make any changes for now.

• still say the Harp should be a lower price, since the Mark of the Patron Lord was decreased
  • edited February 2015
    Make the telescope into a token artifact, imo. It's awesome and useful without being too powerful and people are much more willing to spend tokens on utility crap, especially now that tokens aren't automatically worth 32cr per. Also make the monocle and some other things into token artifacts.

Making more of the utility artifacts into token wares would make the Iron Elite package far more appealing because the tokens would be far more valuable; not only would the token wares and thusly tokens actually be useful, but they'd be far easier for newer players to sell, which would be a big help for them and provide more of an incentive to get the elite.

• Khizan said:

Make the telescope into a token artifact, imo. It's awesome and useful without being too powerful and people are much more willing to spend tokens on utility crap, especially now that tokens aren't automatically worth 32cr per. Also make the monocle and some other things into token artifacts.

Making more of the utility artifacts into token wares would make the Iron Elite package far more appealing because the tokens would be far more valuable; not only would the token wares and thusly tokens actually be useful, but they'd be far easier for newer players to sell, which would be a big help for them and provide more of an incentive to get the elite.
    Ahem...scroll...
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Jeremy said:

Cassius said:

So artifact pets still say you need an auction pet for mount/track, but auctions aren't really a thing anymore...so are tracking pets a thing of the past?

I'm going to be holding an auction soon actually. I am giving in!

Aieeeeeeeeeeeee.
  • I would buy the anklet of dashing if pathfinding accounted for it. Whyte's mapper let me "go dash"  =(

• I am like half tempted to buy the Cloak so I can get the aspect artifact perk, but paying 100 creds for something I already have just kills me. Some small utility buff would be nice there because it would fulfill my sense of entitlement.

The cardtable could stand to go down in price. Seconding improving the dice functionality, since I can do the same thing but better with just emotes as it stands.

The band of fasting has to be the silliest arti, though. Have you ever sold one?