Skip to content

Improving Imperian Combat

Comments

• Dicene said:

Flood does not wash away runes, no. You do, however, have IMBIBE. Problem is, if I've heard right, the eq cost is large. And you might not be able to IMBIBE RUNE while dsling, not really sure. RG has access to Cube Sigil, which gives them an in-room part, after which that RG can re-rune(sketching taking between 1.5-5s each rune depending on the rune type and if you're off-bal when you sketch). Meaning, it's generally easy for Magick to counter.

Imbibe is 5.6 seconds (or 5.8) eq with a diadem, and it's not combo-able. So yeah, ridiculously slow.
  • @Dicene

Seems we're going to disagree. Judging the the quick Baasche-in-runeguard logs, you don't seem to be doing anything that you mentioned here. You're flaring sowulu, eihwaz, and nairat (sometimes?). Runes are for setup, not on-the-fly pk.

Though I will concede that when you're rolling 600-700hp with level 3 racial regen, life, and uruz ticking. Uruz is situationally useful. It's probably pretty good for Risca/Eldreth. Otherwise, these team fights are a good example. Uruz doesn't necessarily have the time to tick when you're gone in 2-3 rounds (Or you twist ring at the first hint of damage).

• IniarIniar Australia
    Can we consider reducing the time on transfix to 3 seconds?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • While we're at it, there was a classlead a few years ago to remove passive attacking pets. There's this class, I think it's outrider, that has these passive attacking pets that have super effects. One of these effects is passive transfix.

Could we just, remove that? Yeah. Passive entangle is sort of...how do you say this, absolutely stupid?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2015
    Outrider's pets without surge aren't that great. Their super effects only occur when surged. 

What I -really- don't like (besides transfix) is that that skillset gets so many style points. Want a lemming? How about a raccoon? How about a ferret? Seriously jealous. I want cool options too.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Iniar said:

Outrider's pets without surge aren't that great. Their super effects only occur when surged. 

I take this back. I played with it briefly - I'm always surging that damned thing (and all the other surgables) anyway, it would practically be considered passive.
  • edited February 2015

This is one thing that's irritated me for a while. If you want to track the afflictions when you DSL somebody, the process goes something like this...

You rub some arsenic on a mercurial sabre.          --> toxin = arsenic

You slash Mathiaus's right leg.                     --> if (slash==1)
                                                                aff1 = toxinToAff(toxin)
                                                                slash = 2
                                                            elif (slash==2)

aff2 = toxinToAff(toxin)

Mathiaus parries the attack with a deft maneuver.   --> aff1 = null

You rub some ether on a mercurial sabre.            --> toxin = ether

You slash Mathiaus's left leg.                      --> if (slash==1)
                                                                aff1 = toxinToAff(toxin)
                                                                slash = 2
                                                            elif (slash==2)
                                                                aff2 = toxinToAff(toxin)

Balance Taken: 2.47s
    H:550/550 M:430/430 B:0                             --> if (aff1)
                                                                addEnemyAff(aff1)
                                                            if (aff2)
                                                                addEnemyAff(aff2)
                                                            aff1 = null
                                                            aff2 = null
                                                            slash = 1                                                   

This is such a stupidly frustrating way of having to handle things. It would be so much more friendly to handle things if we could get rid of the false-positive messages(you slash Mathiaus! Just kidding, he parried!) and if we could get some kind of positive message when we deliver a non-random affliction along the lines of  "Afflicted Mathiaus: clumsiness" or similar.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2015
    Would it be ok for me to get pk exp from this?

17:16:25.346 [QUEUE]: invoke enlighten Ultrix.
    17:16:25.349 Mana Lost: 72
    17:16:25.351 You place both hands on either side of Ultrix's head and stare straight into her eyes. Summoning all your knowledge of the
    17:16:25.351 Noctu mysteries, you will your knowledge into Ultrix's mind.
    17:16:25.354 You see Ultrix Ashtear, She-Devil of the Sands yell, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it
    17:16:25.354 stop!"
    17:16:25.357 The last vestiges of strength having ebbed from Ultrix's body, she sinks to the floor with a sigh. Suddenly, your
    17:16:25.357 surroundings are enveloped in a blinding white light, forcing you to cower with your hands over your eyes. When you
    17:16:25.357 tentatively open them once more, you are astonished to find Ultrix alive once more.
    17:16:25.357 rt Redemption - Ultrix|rt Redemption - Ultrix|
    17:16:25.360 Equilibrium Taken: 3.60s
    17:16:25.362 535[98] 586[80] -b db 4 0 52.73 0 [a: 5][m: 2] [[\\\\\\\\\\]] +8 (1.5%)
  • That would make Baasche happy, so I've got to go with a no here.

Sorry, dude.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Let's not make ranged mind crush thing? I mean, at least you can kill a doppleganger pretty easily and it takes time to get it back. Mind crush is just all gimmick.
  • It was choke.
  • Get them straight. Choke is the big asphyx damage. Crush is the slightly lowered damage with a 15% or so mana drain(on the target) at like, 2.5s eq. Get it straight, @Mathiaus.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    The ranged thing that kills have our people cause the only way to stop it is attacking the user (usually has flip boots) or escaping the area requires some attention, as it is doing between 120-200 damage to our people.

Let's go ahead and argue instead that I didn't know the name and blame my incompetence for getting it wrong. I make mistakes like a human being, go figure.
  • Does hold breath still work?
  • You can set up a hold breath trigger to auto-hold breath in between actions and on everything you do. Pretty common tactic to combat choke across IRE. Choke here isn't different from Choke elsewhere, so the same counter still applies.
  • Terrible ideas are all terrible. Don't listen to these yahoos.

You cannot hold breath and maintain an offense. 

Your best bet is to break contact and hold breath or just tank it. They don't have that much kai energy. Also, fitness, resist rings, close bevor for plate helms. Numbness will reduce it. Vigour through the pain. 
  • @Mathiaus I guess you missed my sarcasm there. >_>
  • Icarius said:

Does hold breath still work?

Shhh.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • edited March 2015
    The only one who ever thinks hold breath is a viable counter in these situations is the monk (who is safely tucked several rooms away from the scrum). Or maybe the monk's allies (who aren't getting hit by choke).
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • If nobody is in the room with you and you're not fighting, you can hold breath.

If you are fighting somebody else, well. Doppleganger Flash DPS is competitive with kai choke and it's not like "Just keep DSLing the doppleganger that they can trivially resummon" lets you maintain a viable offense, either. 

• edited March 2015
    Solution: Ditch them both. =P
  • edited March 2015
    There will almost always be people in the room. Choke does on average at least 45% more damage than flash. And choke laughs at shield/prism (which are the practical defensive counters when people in the room are swinging big blades at you). So yes, in practice flash and choke are as competitive as Kentucky basketball v (insert random Div II team).

Edit: and I hate Khizan's post is making me defend demonic scum first thing in the morning :(
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • On dopplegangers: You can kill them easily (your entire team should) as they're not immune to crits. You can also demon calm them (despite previous classleads of "no anti demon skills"). You cannot do that last one against monks or roots.

Eldreth already covered the blatant misrepresentation of monk v doppleganger damage.

• edited March 2015
    Putting some test dummies for each statpack (which is equal to level 100 players with autocuring and may be with artifacts) in a room of cities/councils could be very nice. They will not be aggressive but defensive. Besides they may have some certain (defensive) defences from different professions. I believe it will be a good place to spend time on the game and we can practise more. Of course It's just the concept, it can be improvable with ideas.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I didn't know where to put this:

I wish my cairn could shoot laser beams.

• edited March 2015
    Iniar said:

I didn't know where to put this:

Iniar said:

I wish my cairn could shoot laser beams.

So I could destroy it with my zerg towers.
  • I believe Fitness skill should be accessible for everyone in Survival skills.
  • Ifreann said:

I believe Fitness skill should be accessible for everyone in Survival skills.

With the right restrictions, I could definitely get behind this, especially as AM is uniquely positioned in terms of access to Fitness. Some classes that are already very heavy on curing options would need some downtuning for this (Priest comes to mind, obviously).

• edited March 2015
    Wysrias said:

Ifreann said:

With the right restrictions, I could definitely get behind this, especially as AM is uniquely positioned in terms of access to Fitness. Some classes that are already very heavy on curing options would need some downtuning for this (Priest comes to mind, obviously).
    Well, Demonic has afflictions and AM (even though not every classes) has curing. I believe it's just quite fair and it suits to RP well. Besides Priests have fitness with Bliss and they use it and they don't need the skill. It was just suggestion for all users on the game. Not just for AM. However if you want Fitness for just Demonic, (it's what I understand from your restrictions idea), good luck with that.
  • edited March 2015
    Ifreann said:

Wysrias said:

Ifreann said:

Well, Demonic has afflictions and AM (even though not every classes) has curing. I believe it's just quite fair and it suits to RP well. Besides Priests have fitness with Bliss and they use it and they don't need the skill. It was just suggestion for all users on the game. Not just for AM. However if you want Fitness for just Demonic, (it's what I understand from your restrictions idea), good luck with that.
    I was referring to the fact that AM has access to six classes with fitness, while demonic has one. I would love to see Fitness become a Survival skill with a cooldown or other restrictions attached, since the effectiveness of affliction classes fluctuates massively depending on whether or not the target has access to Fitness. It would make balancing those numbers a bit easier when you can consider it a component of every defense.