Skip to content

Racial areas

Some of you may have noticed we are doing "racial areas." I would like your opinion one what was already released. I know it is only two areas (Living Mountain and Ssar-ithra), but we are currently working on the lamira/schelkin area, arel/fallen area, and elven area (no details past that). And we want to know if there are things you like or do not like about the "racial areas."

Do not forget you can do RACEHOME or  RACIALHOME if you are a race of those zones, which will be the case for all racial areas. I know that the two released do not have help files, that's on me, and I am working on those today.

Comments

• I liked that with the Living Mountain, you had your choice of which of the 3 quests you wanted to do that would affect the outcome of the area (sort of like a massive Imperian choose your own adventure), and that your choice 'stuck' with you after the event was over. I just wish I realized that you were bound to your quest choice before I finished the quest -- shows you the downsides to being an early adopter, I guess!
  • @Ultrix - We were subtly attempting to do some roleplay with everyone to kind of allude that there were different 'sides' to pick from, but it was difficult with everyone running in and out so much. Next time we'll try to get it across quicker! 
  • Ssar-Ithra:

Tamable baby raccoon, head shrinking, bashing and a handful of small quests, trinkets and beads. All pretty cool things

Tusdyr is pretty ridiculous. Amardyn is hot, even if she won't talk to me much. Zyssia is cray cray adorbs, and she has a potty mouth.

Overall, it's okay, I guess? Mostly just Tusdyr is hax. Global worm vortex through mass and hazewards! And blinkstabs and blinkchokes, if the history/lore mob isn't prone to hyperbole.

I probably missed something, but 8/10 because (-1) I'm not super fond of the spirit bashing area and (-1) the Living Mountain is way cooler so jelly.
  • Arel and Fallen are iffy to me; there's a big racial conflict that I know nothing about and which was introduced with no backstory at all. Those of us who chose sides in that conflict(by picking Arel or Fallen as a race) did so blindly and probably based off of racial bonuses.

With that in mind, can you please avoid making Fallen into baby-eating necromantic kitten-torturers or the like? Make them the bad guys? Sure, that's fine, villains are always the best. But can we please have some gray in there, maybe something that gives us at least some claim to being wronged or the real good guys? I'd really rather not find out that my racial area is dedicated to more "feed kids to the necromancer" stuff.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited January 2015
    Maybe they were good until they developed a sudden and unquenchable hunger for child flesh?
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited January 2015
    Khizan said:
    With that in mind, can you please avoid making Fallen into baby-eating necromantic kitten-torturers or the like?
    Would be hilarious if Khizan found out that the people back at his racial home ate kittens for breakfast. DO IT. :D
  • :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Vyurdrag still best race. Waiting for my awesome salamander kingdom of lizard people on fire.
    Today we shall die.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    My written, "The Fallen Arel", seems to fit this pretty nicely.
  • You know, the more I think about this, the more I think I'd just be happy going straight out Butter Battle Book on that feud.

Those fiends! Those monsters! Those goddamned Arel!
    Sitting and lounging, thinking they're swell!
    But we know they're evil, we know they're foul!
    We know the crime that should make them howl!
    I don't want to believe it but the proof is there
    and it reveals the secret that we all have feared!

The arel, those monsters, eat their bread with the butter side up!
    It's enough to make a man reach for his long-bladed thwippity-tup
    for their crimes the arel shall be put to the sword,
    And sent along to their just reward!
    Once we have thrown them all to the ground,
    they'll realize a man eats his bread with the butter side down!
    With a thwip-slish-whap and a snickity-thud,
    We'll send the arel back to the mud. 

• OK! Loving the input, let me just reveal one little tid-bit, but nothing else.

First, I forgot that we are working on the vyrudrag, scorched, and cherufe area as well. It slipped my mind, but it is in the works.

For Arel/Fallen. There is no real "bad guy." It won't be "necromantic I'm going to kill the world." We are not making any races pro one circle or the other.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Svorai said:
    For Arel/Fallen. There is no real "bad guy." It won't be "necromantic I'm going to kill the world." We are not making any races pro one circle or the other.
    So we -are- the bad guys.

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure