Skip to content

New with Questions

Hey everyone, thanks for reading.

I am looking to play Imperian because it looks like an interesting world and the small player base is attractive. I have played two other IRE games very seriously, one of them also having a smaller population (and I had a lot of fun there!). I'm looking for a fresh start.

I am currently trying out Lycaean with the Predator class. It's very fun and I am excited to learn about all the different classes and their powers. I don't particularly enjoy PK (short fuse kind of person, also terrible at coding), I am only fair passing when effort is put forth, but overall I find it incredibly overwhelming and I really enjoy roleplaying and being a support card for these games. I have learned to log out when I don't feel like playing even if there is a conflict/event happening. I always enjoy the "artistic" side of IRE games as well.

I have just a few questions for you regular players:

1) What's your honest opinion of this game? Do you feel that the administrators have the player's best interest in mind? Do you feel that the PvP is excellent where the roleplaying and PvE lacks, etc?
2) Do you feel that the player base is mostly/relatively/a miniscule amount hostile in OOC terms ('forum flaming' or 'trolls' airing dirty laundry in inappropriate ways)?
3) Do you feel that classes and organizations are fairly balanced or does one sway heavily on the Pendulum of Balance?
4) What is your favorite class and why or why aren't you playing it?
5) Same as #4, but for races.
6) Why are YOU playing? Obligation? Enjoyment?

I have so far enjoyed the newbie intro, it was extremely refreshing and interactive! I would like to invest some time into another IRE game where I can roleplay and enjoy the company of others.

That's really all I have. I look forward to seeing everyone's answers. Thanks very much for your time.

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    1) Admin are usually pretty amazing even though we gripe a lot.
    2) Depends
    3) Depends on what you want to do. What do you mean by balance?
    4) My favourite class is summoner because I can go where ever I want to at minimal expense in the quickest time (AB UNIVERSE)
    5) I want a winged race but I'm too stingy to pay for a special race
    6) I like @Ahkan and @Wysrias.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited January 2015
    1 - Compared to most other IRE games and MUDs in general, the combat is great. What problems it has are trumped by the good parts, overall. I nitpick, but I wouldn't bother if there wasn't something here worth nitpicking.

2 - Not moreso than any other gaming community, really. Where two people meet, drama ensues, but I like most of my interactions with people here. For example, I lamed Dreacor after he beat me in a straight up fight, and we still had a generally enjoyable little PvP interaction for the next half hour or so.

3 - The Pendulum always swings, but I don't think it intentionally favors any one side.

4 - I've been Assassin most of the 10.5 years I've been playing. The roleplay is fairly ingrained into Kabaal, and it has a lot of fun coding exercises involved.

5 - I love ssylsin. I vaguely want fallen or arel because shield/mana regen or flight/mana regen would be wonderful, but I'll be torn when I can actually afford it.

Edit

6 - I missed this one! There's a level of immersion and complexity that MUDs offer that I just don't get from boom headshotting and #huehuepentakilling or elsewise. Also, I wanted to learn some lua, and having something I was motivated to practice on seemed like a good idea. I'm not really an "obligation" sort of guy.
  • Jeremy said:
    I hate the admin here. They are horrible, horrible peoples.
    The feeling is mutual. ><