Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

Comments

• Playing Legacy MTG. Stay casual, nerds.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited December 2012
    @Bathan: Oh really? What do you play? :P

Edit: modern is the new legacy, basically, on a serious note. It's an eternal format Wizards can actually print essential cards for because am arbitrary scout's honor agreement to uphold secondary market prices doesn't severely diminish the availability of staples.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • And, now I'm playing Far Cry 3. Win. Surprised that my laptop is handling it better than Metro2033, but certainly not complaining. 'course, then college and papers due have to get in the way of my playtime -.-

• Sarrius said:
    @Bathan: Oh really? What do you play? :P Edit: modern is the new legacy, basically, on a serious note. It's an eternal format Wizards can actually print essential cards for because am arbitrary scout's honor agreement to uphold secondary market prices doesn't severely diminish the availability of staples.
    Drongon and I used to do tournaments over that were standard formats. I ran Grixis control and Honor of the Pure Souljah. It was good times. I'd do it still except I'm 25.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I can dig it. I was on hiatus from standard that season because faeries had soured me to standard's potential as a diverse format under Wizard's new design philosophy.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited December 2012
    If I were going to play modern, I'd have to build a second breakfast deck, since I'd only need to buy like 6 cards for it. And it looks like the most hilarious deck to play.

Until the other guy punches you in the face, at least.

Still, kind of worth it to be able to draw your whole deck and win over the course of a 20 minute turn 4.

Edit: youtube.com/watch?v=SZDaM4VpSBk <- The Blue/White deck is the one i'm talking about.

• edited December 2012
    If you want to play unnecessary long combo decks, yeah. Storm wins at the same speed, is easier to play, and people usually scoop faster to it.

Not to mention that I hate Second Breakfast because playing it on MTGO is infuriatingly clock-intensive. On MTGO, you only have 25m to operate all of your turns across 2 to 3 games, kept by a stopwatch in the corner. It is similar to higher REL tournaments.
  • I only just started playing online, so I've only got the cards for a red/black agro standard deck - no real press on time there. Hell, before that, the only non-casual deck I had was a blue/white delver deck, so the only really long games i've played tend to be multiplayer, heh.
  • I'm playing 4CC gifts on MTGO for modern. The deck is super fun and rewarding, considering how Gifts Ungiven works.. Intuition was busted the first time, after all. I am being very cautious about Standard right now.. I want to keep playing Tokens, but cards like Thundermaw Hellkite eat it alive.

I've almost considered going all digital and cashing in my massive paper collection to SCG, but I know they'd rip me off on the buy. :/
  • Grixis Cascading Land Destruction is the most amazingly annoying thing ever. Not the best deck in the world, but really fun to play.
  • Fell back into Ultima Online Freeshards.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    BF3, Planetside 2, FIFA 13, LotRO, guitar
  • Well, I had just recently started playing Imperian after playing Achaea for about 4 years. I really have time for only 1 game and that's Imperian :D 
  • Well, we're glad to have you with us. Is anyone else playing Far Cry 3, and how much do you love the crossbow? :D
  • I <3 Far Cry 3, but I know of no crossbow... I have the regular bow, with a scope. Love that thing.
  • Sorry. Bow.
  • Sebaste said:
    Well, I had just recently started playing Imperian after playing Achaea for about 4 years. I really have time for only 1 game and that's Imperian :D 

Actually, I lied...I do play a couple break time browser games...Urban Dead and Shartak :D
  • Would  be playing guitar if I had one, mostly I have to say I play with my kids :P no time for anything else beyond Imperian.
  • playin dat LOL
  • Steam sale has me with a ridiculous backlog now, but Saints Row 3 has me pretty sucked in, Darksiders Franchise, Oblivion, Dragon Age again, thinking about Dota 2, oh then I got back into Rift before all this came up.

• I've gotten back into XCOM. It's nice for slow days during the holidays. :D
  • Still on the LotRO thing, probably going to grab up Riders of Rohan while it's on sale.

• I got blood bowl off steam and holy crap do I love this game.
  • Forever a WoW addict. Though I tried a 10 day trial as a Pandarian monk and hated it. Not really worth spending another 50 bucks to be a fighting panda bear. So back to regular Night Elf druid for me.
    With a steady hand, Aosoth batters you with an orb sigil.
    You say, "Ow."
    You say to Aosoth, "Bitch."
    Aosoth blinks.
    You exclaim, "That hurt!"
    Lord Aosoth, of the Thirst says to Caelya, "I bring out the best in people."
  • Druids are supposed to be pretty boss at 90. I tried the 10 day trial and messed around abit with it. I think it looks pretty cool.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Resto is broken again, they are fast as shit. On the plus side, I can go back to mutilating things (read: pandas) so all is well.
  • edited January 2013
    My list:

WoW: I kinda play this, losing interest now. The daily grind just isn't cutting it for me any more and my guild fell to pieces months ago. Always happy to alt it up with anyone interested!

Crusader Kings 2: This game never gets old. I'd play MP with anyone interested but it's kinda buggy and crashes a lot when I try. I convinced Jeremy to get it too but I haven't seen him play it yet, I suspect he's very busy working for you guys. :P

Mass Effect 2: I've never finished it, and I want to play ME3. Doing an Infiltrator.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Mtg with friends, run with an old Sorin deck for fun. Armored core games, skyrim, and assassins creeds keep me going. Otherwise work and family.
  • The Secret World. Really enjoying many of the occult settings, a couple of seriously spooky missions, and -hard- quests. No leading you around by your nose here, nossir.
  • Anybody currently playing Legacy M:TG.. I've recently disassembled my Legacy deck and assembled Nic Fit (very grindy, aggressive BWG deck). I am probably playing an event tomorrow before work, was wondering if anybody else here playing at that kind of level.