Skip to content

October Update Coming

Sorry I am slow again this month. I will get a full update soon. We are very close with a couple big things. Woo!

I have not been on the forums much either. My head has been down working on things. I will harass the the forums more.

Comments

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    What's the chance on the 800 value cr artifacts out of the giftbags?
  • The artifacts are much more rare of course. There is a 2% chance of a giftbag to have one of them.

Is it all 800 credit artifacts? I ask as someone preparing to make a purchase to acquire a couple of 800 credit artifacts, so I'm wondering if I can get lucky by coincidence and scratch a portal wand or l2 collar off my budget list :[
  • No, there are artifacts ranging up to 850.

Guess I meant more like, is it a 2% chance from any artifact valued 1-850 creds, or only select few from that list, and can we know what they are?
  • This is especially annoying if you're someone who just bought credits during the last promo, and now you're forced into buying some more if you want a chance at some behaviours.
  • I've already made more than triple my investment just from selling the behaviors I don't need on the promo market. It's really not that bad.

Wait until the end of the month and buy the leftovers nobody wants! Or even better, buy mine now for immediate gratification.

• The promo is the best in game economy Imperian has going for it. 

-Buy random commodity
    -Sell random commodity.
    -Hold out for commodity you want.

It's actually not a bad design. You can keep gambling for what you want ($$) or you can be patient and wait. It's a cleverly disguised cash grab.
  • Verexa said:
    This is especially annoying if you're someone who just bought credits during the last promo, and now you're forced into buying some more if you want a chance at some behaviours.
    What an awful attitude. You weren't forced to buy credits last month, and it's not like there wasn't a 30% bonus. I bought credits today but I wasn't here in 2011 to redeem <insert promo giveaway here>, so can I go ahead and demand a refund?
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    edited October 2014
    No... What I said was it's unfortunate and inconvenient if you bought a bunch of credits and got 30% off, which is great, but then, if you absolutely want to get your hands on behaviours you have to buy credits a second time in order to have a chance at the specific behaviour you were looking for, which is what you really want out of the promo. I fail to see where you got the idea that I was implying that these people would or should "demand a refund" from my post. Although, as Wysrias has pointed out, you could just avoid the gambling process and wait until you find what you want over promo market.

Edit: Selthis just pointed out that you actually get behaviours with every giftbag, so I edited my post to reflect that I meant the specific behaviour, for your class(es), that one might want.
  • It'll be hard to wait because of the voice in my head going "get it now!!"

but I learned my lesson with the assembly pieces

• Is that lesson that new ones that are cooler will come out halfway through the month? :P

Is some of the update information on the sect shrines?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • You don't have to buy giftbags to get a specific behavior, since they can be bought and sold in-game. Especially if you are flush with credits from the last promo. 

• I don't know about everyone else, but when I actually go out and buy credits from the website, I generally already have them doled out to a certain artifact I'm going purchase, so I somewhat doubt Verexa is "flush" with credits at the moment. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

• I remember when purchasing IRE credits meant purchasing IRE credits. The promotions are an extra goody. I bought enough credits to get a bag because I have a gambling streak and I was curious. I got metal ingots (totally unhelpful for me), a horn (eh, but good for my lazy bashing), and an AM behavior scroll which netted me 50 credits. So not bad, really. Pretty quickly, at that. I figure at the very least, you can sell the scrolls you don't want and pick up the ones you do and end up content. 

I usually don't buy credits for artifacts. Sometimes I buy them because the promo is intriguing, sometimes because there is a good sale and I want to take advantage of it for when there is something I -do- want. Not everyone spends the ones they purchase right away. 
  • Man, there's a lot of bad anecdotal behavior here. "I do this. Everyone else must do this." No. People stockpile credits. People stockpile credits through the iron elite. <100cr is pretty easy to toss out for a customization. The ones you don't need you can sell for a profit for 50-100.
  • edited October 2014
    More behaviors will be added in the future, but no behaviors will be added or removed from this promotion. We have plans for future behaviors, but don't plan to release them this month.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Ahkan said:

Man, there's a lot of bad anecdotal behavior here. "I do this. Everyone else must do this." No. People stockpile credits. People stockpile credits through the iron elite. <100cr is pretty easy to toss out for a customization. The ones you don't need you can sell for a profit for 50-100.

99% of the arguments on this forum are 100% anecdotal. (See what I did there)
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • My problem here is this: I do not need or want credits. I've got all the artifacts I could reasonably want, I'm omni-trans, and while I'd like another profession I'm not willing to spend credits on it because, let's be honest here, I'm going to spend all my time claymoring dudes in the face no matter how many other professions I get.

And so I dislike it when a promotion forces me to buy credits because buying into that promotion forces me to spend a lot of money on something I don't particularly want. If they'd just sell me a bunch of giftbags I'd be way more tempted.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Clarifying post:

The behaviours this month will be removed and not sold next month. In other words, these ones are limited edition and may or may not come back in the future. Dec has already coded a way to purchase behaviours with credits and/or tokens. We will create and release new ones that can be purchased that way in the future. It seems like people like them, so we will expand on them.

• I like this, as long as they are relatively cheap (cheaper than 50 creds for sure)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Jeremy said:

Clarifying post:

The behaviours this month will be removed and not sold next month. In other words, these ones are limited edition and may or may not come back in the future. Dec has already coded a way to purchase behaviours with credits and/or tokens. We will create and release new ones that can be purchased that way in the future. It seems like people like them, so we will expand on them.
    Nice work. People like feeling like they're unique snowflake and uber-cool. Customisation 90% step in the right direction. I love that it is pre-defined, as well, which means none of the time-intensive approval work. +1
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Jeremy said:
    Clarifying post:

Yes, we want them. In some cases we just don't want to buy giftbags for them. Let me buy the specific ones I want from the website or from an npc in game sort of like the change to the racial stones. That's what  we're looking for. Not for them to last forever or if there will be more.
  • Ahhh I should have read things more thoroughly. I had assumed you got behaviour scroll with each giftbag. So I bought 200 credits, thinking it will give me 2 chances to get the one I want, and if not, two to try to trade for what I wanted. I only got one scroll between the 2 giftbags, So on top of randomness of getting the type of scroll, I need to now consider that I might not get a scroll at all. 

Think I will just wait and see what comes up on promo market for the rest of the month. 
  • @Lytharose:

The best way to get giftbags is buying lots of the $5 packages, because any purchase under 100cr will still give a giftbag. It's the least efficient way to get credits with $$$, but the most efficient way of getting giftbags.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Thanks for the heads up Khizan. Might.. maybe.. purchase a few more credits. But still think I will wait until later in the month. I didn't realize smaller amounts also gave giftbags.
  • @Jeremy

Please put a behaviour in every giftbag. It was my understanding prior that is how it worked.  There is less  incentive to buy giftbags if I'm not even going to be sure I have  a behavior that I can possibly use.    Or you know...sell them on the website.