Skip to content

New With Questions!

Hey! I just started playing, having come from another popular IRE. I've grown bored with my home mud, after too many years of play time. Here, I am hoping to find myself logging in because I am entertained, not out of habit or a feeling of investment. 

Since this is a much smaller mud, it will probably be a lot harder to find activity. What I'm looking for is an org with the highest level of activity possible here, along with members who are very involved in combat. I enjoy group pk much more so than 1v1. Which orgs are the best matches for those interests? Do you guys have a lot of raiding here? 

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    Antioch, Septus.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited September 2014
    Every org offers combat. Combat is a big thing in Imperian, especially group combat! You'll be able to jump right in with a bit of reading, teaching, and the use of autocuring.

Antimagick (Antioch, Ithaqua) and Magick (Kinsarmar, Celidon) are definitely the largest orgs right now, but good fights require people on all sides, and the flow of the game tends to favor different orgs at different times - while we're floundering a bit in population right now, Demonic (Stavenn, Khandava) was dominating the PK scene only a short time ago, largely because our professions and roleplay (historically) are very combat-centric.

Raiding is a less popular pursuit than before, largely because there are other avenues of conflict - you'll want to read about shardfalls, and obelisks eventually. Raiding does occur, but there are fewer tangible goals in the process compared to other IRE games. That's okay, though, because there are generally opportunities outside of cities and councils.

The population in the game is lower than other games, that's indisputable. However, I would argue that we have a pretty large portion of the playerbase, comparatively, who is willing to jump in and start fights. Don't be afraid to shop around and try out different organizations if you find one doesn't fit your tastes, as newbies are granted that opportunity. Welcome, and good luck!

• This is a good time for combat; all the circles are relatively involved in group fights.

Right now I'd say that Antioch/Ithaqua is probably the best fit for you if that's what you're looking for. It's got a consistently large population, lots of people who like fighting, and those people are willing to go start fights when nothing is happening.

Serious raiding is practically non-existant now. Guards here are powerful enough so that you can't inflict any real material damages. Get in, kill some people, leave.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khandava is quality over quantity.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • If you want to let us know where you're moving from, we can probably give you a decent idea on what you might be comfortable with, as well as some parallels.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • I'm coming from 10+ years in Achaea. I never was one of the top-tier combatants, but I still love it regardless of my numerous humiliating moments. 

The Crusaders seem to be a good fit at the moment. They're actually wonderful at working with their novices. Everyone I've spoken with in the guild has proven to be extraordinarily impressive, especially Ultrix and Branson. I was even brought along on a shard thingy, during which I ended up underground. I thought I fell into a hole, and after looking back, found that an enemy forced me there and tried to dig me up (for pk purposes, I assume). Right as he was digging, I had just portaled. Had I known what was going on, I'd have stuck around. Sorry about that, Mr. Diggety Dude! 

In short, please be patient as I stumble through the awkward novice phase. :)