Skip to content

Newbie Intro...

So, been pretty inactive. I just recently found out that the newbie intro now has you pick your class, then puts you randomly into a guild and city. One of the novices that joined Stavenn just joined and was put into Stavenn and the Revenants for picking Defiler. Why is it like this now? It seems to me like it'd make more sense to let them pick what organizations they want to join.

The novice that joined was the only Revenant online, and I was the only other Stavennite. Usually it's only Iniar and Isadarr online in Stavenn, and I've had a bit more time then usual to be on my computer lately so it's quite often. If I was trying out a new game, and had the choice between the city and guild with a bunch of people online, apposed to the ones with nobody, I'd go where I could get some help from other people. Makes a huge difference when you have a really helpful person to meet up with you and get you rolling when you're trying something new. 

Is there a reason I'm missing here, that makes this change a lot better than how it was when you had the option to pick what you wanted?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    I know I've brought this up before, as have many others. The novice intro should allow you to choose your guild and city/council after selecting your profession. When you create a character and select a profession that seems thematically interesting, you should be able to review the choices in guild/city that used to be afforded to new players. This teaches them more about the organizations in Imperian. 

If they don't know what to do, they can just read and pick a random one. That would do the same thing that happens now, except novices with a character concept in mind wouldn't be shoe-horned into an organization on a dice-roll and have to reroll, or go through the hassle of waiting for an active city leader (more of a problem in some places than others and depending on prime vs. off hours) to induct them into the city/council they were interested in in the first place.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Why not allow org tutors to induct newbies? ASK JOIN KHANDAVA or something similar. One time only, and only for novices.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • Ideally, all of the above. Allow newbies to choose their guild based on their profession and city/council if the guild allows both, allow newbies to opt into the random prof-based org, and allow newbies to change their minds later, with both guilds and city/council via a tutor or Cerise.

I vaguely remember it being mentioned that this would require a full rewrite of how the current intro works, so it would be considerable work, but I honestly feel like it would be worth it. So many people agree that the ability to choose never should have been revoked in the first place.