Skip to content

Which is sexier: Catharsis, Absolve or Reclaim?

IniarIniar Australia
edited August 2014 in Fighting and Combat
wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

Comments

• Druids shouldn't have absolve. Biased.

If decreased mental capacity results in nature eating you...that's a big plot hole given the history of Khandava and Celidon. Just sayin'
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited August 2014
    I think it would be awesome if Arels actually performed the Absolve move themselves. Then the Fallen could perform Catharsis.

Calling upon his faith, Khizan's wings flare as an alien power subsumes his corporeal form. He stretches forward his right hand and touches your chest and an impossibly white flare of agony sears across your mind. His eyes roll back into his head and as you gasp for breath, his Seraph drives her hand into your back, dragging your soul out with it and plunging your body in ceaseless, inhuman pain.
  • I'm a sucker for Nature themed flashy spells.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Absolve has always been my favorite because Priests have been trying to bill seraphs as kind, beneficial, protective things forever, and here it is getting off on eating your soul.

Here it is from a Priest's eye vantage:

You call upon your faith and nod gravely at your Seraph, whose wings flare suddenly as an alien and frightening look of power sweeps across her face. With one hand, she reaches forward and as her hand touches Iniar's chest, it flares brightly, impossibly, white, and enters his breast. The Seraph's eyes roll back in its head in ecstasy as she rips the soul from Iniar's body. Iniar collapses without a sound; his body now nothing more than a useless husk.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited August 2014
    I voted for Catharsis because #teamdemonick, but I prefer Desecration Implantation as well

You point at Galador and a stunted honeysuckle treant envelops its tendrils tightly around her, positioning
    some of them over her forcibly open mouth.

One of the tendrils of a stunted honeysuckle treant lashes out suddenly against Galador's mouth, shooting a
    disfigured demonic seed down her throat.

A stunted honeysuckle treant emits a bloodcurdling hollow howl as its tendrils enter Galador's mouth in a
    sinuous movement and inject a second demonic seed into her throat. The two seeds enroot themselves deep
    within Galador's flesh.

With a triumphant rustle, a stunted honeysuckle treant injects a third demonic seed deep into Galador's
    throat. Panic is clearly visible on Galador's face as the three seeds start growing rapidly within her body,
    infesting veins, muscles and tendons, transforming all into decaying, rotten wood. Her bones are able to
    resist for a while, but eventually they too become overwhelmed and where once stood Galador is now only a
    hideous, rotten tree.
    You have slain Galador.

Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Not that it matters much when vivisect is so vastly superior.
  • Iniar said:
    I think it would be awesome if Arels actually performed the Absolve move themselves. Then the Fallen could perform Catharsis.

I was recently discussing this very thing with someone. An Arel priest should be able to use all of their fayth abilities without the seraph, imo, especially considering there is no longer any functional restriction on the use of seraph skills.
  • I vote for zap.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Ashani said:
    I voted for Catharsis because #teamdemonick, but I prefer Desecration Implantation as well

You point at Galador and a stunted honeysuckle treant envelops its tendrils tightly around her, positioning
    some of them over her forcibly open mouth.

One of the tendrils of a stunted honeysuckle treant lashes out suddenly against Galador's mouth, shooting a
    disfigured demonic seed down her throat.

A stunted honeysuckle treant emits a bloodcurdling hollow howl as its tendrils enter Galador's mouth in a
    sinuous movement and inject a second demonic seed into her throat. The two seeds enroot themselves deep
    within Galador's flesh.

With a triumphant rustle, a stunted honeysuckle treant injects a third demonic seed deep into Galador's
    throat. Panic is clearly visible on Galador's face as the three seeds start growing rapidly within her body,
    infesting veins, muscles and tendons, transforming all into decaying, rotten wood. Her bones are able to
    resist for a while, but eventually they too become overwhelmed and where once stood Galador is now only a
    hideous, rotten tree.
    You have slain Galador.

This is by far the creepiest thing I've ever read and not in a good way. :(
  • That's defiler for you. Entire class is like a run away hentai
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Surprised Selthis hasn't converted to Defiler long term.
  • Complete with an endgame that tends to only lead to an embarrassing mess and subsequent depression rather than the gratification you were hoping for.