Skip to content

New Artifact Powers System

2»

Comments

• And she'll keep your pipes lit?
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • I hate the Artifact Powers System (which really means I <3 it). I await with bated breath the shenanigans that are likely to come about (likely from AM) as they try to negate 20 artifact powers with a single force "remove man-shirt" swoop.

This isn't really a new issue to the powers system or v 2.0 orb, but is there a reason we can't treat wielded as worn when it comes to suppression? It makes thematic sense. Sort of a concealed weapons effect without the actual DEF line.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Iniar said:
    @Dec, are you saying that it might be possible sentient things will be imbueable with powers? Because I then want a dragon. With an auction pet token. And I shall name her Twinky. She shall have 10% Fire resist and be the bearer of my L3 intelligent stuff. :(
    The remaining categories (sentient and lightable - i.e. pipes) will probably not be added. Sentient definitely won't.
    Eldreth said:
    This isn't really a new issue to the powers system or v 2.0 orb, but is there a reason we can't treat wielded as worn when it comes to suppression? It makes thematic sense. Sort of a concealed weapons effect without the actual DEF line.
    Suppression does conceal the weapons on artifactlist, but there aren't any plans to make it conceal wielded items in look.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I come here all excited about having questions asked of me, only to find Eoghan has answered them all...Oh well, I'll answer a few anyway.

The sentient check is more of a sanity check.  You shouldn't have sentient artifacts to begin with. If you do then um, you're special, but you can't have powers on them.  I don't imagine much demand for putting powers on artifact pipes, so those are still off for now.

There are also checks for things that you don't want to be putting powers on such as a dagger of reincarnation or a soulstone or a book binder's trinket.  Basically the "don't be stupid and put powers on something that is a one-time use item" checks.  If you see others that shouldn't have powers on them my advice is 1) don't put powers on them and 2) let me know so I can make it so you can't accidentally put powers on them.

Most artifacts require you to wear them, so while people seemed to have liked the idea of adding more things to which you can add powers, I don't think it will actually change too much from the original list.  One difference that we've implemented is that we're slowly expanding the list of what can be made into artifacts beyond tailoring and jewelry.  Individual items in other tradeskills such as glasses, monocles, etc have been allowed, for example.  Please note that you still cannot make anything that is a non-artifact weapon, armour, container, fluid container, lightable, and a few others into an artifact.  For those of you wondering why you can't turn cloaks into artifacts, it is because they are containers.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Dec said:
     I don't imagine much demand for putting powers on artifact pipes, so those are still off for now.
    Iniar said:
    The Churata of Nightmarish Powers. :excited:
    D: :P just kidding, I actually like having a big stash of artifacts.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited August 2014

Iniar said:
    D: :P just kidding, I actually like having a big stash of artifacts.
    Man...thanks to Powers, I haven't been this artifact-lite since 2005.

My first artifact was a level 3 handaxe (true story). I asked Avasyu for a full refund because I felt it was "too powerful", and got it (true story).

I LOL at 2005 Eldreth sometimes  :(
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Dec said:
     I don't imagine much demand for putting powers on artifact pipes, so those are still off for now.

What about the Lantern of Foreboding? D: