Skip to content

Vote!

Comments

• Iniar said:
    For Mudlet users, Dicene's auto-voter.

Dicene said:
    Does anyone know why this has suddenly stopped working??
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Iniar posted something about it
  • Thanks for all the votes guys! Keep it up!

• If releasing the long-requested artifact power system doesn't get us votes, I don't know what will.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Making it free for a few days so that we don't get a vanity tax, imo. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I voted! Three times, I voted! I haven't voted for an IRE mud in literally -years-, yet I voted for this one more than once. That should tell you guys something. 
  • I bookmarked the vote link and I do it about twice a day though tbh I don't know why I bother.
  • I leave the forums open on my comp anytime I'm on the game and I vote virtually every time I get an in game reminder. Don't give up on the voting. So what if we don't have the population to topple over the next game up in a day. Do you enjoy playing imperian? If so, vote. If you don't, express your concerns to the powers that be and or the forums and don't vote.

• Wow, just voted and we're up to 3rd!
  • History lessons tucked into vote reminders == win
  • LaethusLaethus Wichita, KS
    H:439/439 M:439/439 <eb db> XP:0.48  (+3)[TPF]
    ** Often distracted by shiny things? VOTES are shiny so go VOTE! **
    Vote for Imperian at: http://www.imperian.com/vote
    vote
    H:439/439 M:439/439 <eb db> XP:0.48 [TPF]
    [Connected. Request sent, awaiting response.]

[Connection closed.]
    [Connected. Request sent, awaiting response.]
    Thank you for voting, Mael!
    H:439/439 M:437/439 <eb db> XP:0.48  (-2)[TPF]
    [Connection closed.]
    [All done.]
    H:439/439 M:437/439 <eb db> XP:0.48 [TPF]

Yes, I still use mudbot for a few things (specifically the way it handles alertness with the map).  I just updated the IMap file with the xml to make both the Imperian mapping and mudbot mapping the same.  [TPF] is my own built in tree/purge/focus balance tracking addon for those who are curious.
  • Laethus said:
    *vote stuff*
    I stopped using the vote function because someone once told me off-hand that it didn't actually register the vote for Imperian and I don't know enough to verify if it did or not:(
  • edited January 2015
    The Mudbot vote stuff probably doesn't work anymore. If I ever feel like downloading and working with Mudbot again, I might write out a new alias for it in Lua, provided that the version of Lua that runs through Mudbot has some form of downloading built in. Otherwise, I'd have to actually mess with his C and compile and redistribute it, which is not something I'm in the mood for. =P

Edit: Sooo, looked at what IMTS stuff is available on Sourceforge. Basically, I MIGHT be able to get the voter module working(it shouldn't be working properly now, even if it says it is), but that'd take poking through some C and compiling it(or leaving that to someone else). Other than that, to build a vote command in Lua for mudbot, you'd have to have one of the newer versions that have Lua scripting built in, and I'd have to find a way to use a library like Luacurl from in Mudbot's Lua. It COULD be as easy as putting the dll in the same folder as Mudbot, but I'm not sure yet.

Either way, it's probably easier for me to just build a voting thing in whatever client you're using. *shrug
  • IniarIniar Australia
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2939
    Date: 1/22/2015 at 3:25

I forgot to announce this before I left, but I am out of town with the owner, Matt Mihaly, for the week. We are devising some very cool things for all the IRE games, and a couple of them are looking pretty good for Imperian.
    At any rate, a couple of you have emails and messages out to me, so I may not actually get them answered back until early next week.
    Penned by my hand on the 12th of Naturalis, in the year 67 AM.
    Voted. <3. As long as it doesn't involve BitCoin. :s How much would ranking on TMC help?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MKO is #2. We are like #6. This is a silly situation, is all. We should fix it. 
  • New month! Boom. Vote it!

• [Info]: See HELP VOTING! http://www.imperian.com/vote We need 3 votes to reach rank 2!

GO VOTE.

11 to 1st! (last time I looked...)
  • Thanks guys. Great start to the month.

• ** VOTE OR DIE! This is a friendly reminder to encourage you to VOTE if you have not already! Aw heck, screw 
    friendliness. **
    Vote for Imperian at: http://www.imperian.com/vote

Password correct. Welcome to Imperian.
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    Kabaal said:

Stuff

There was one earlier that said something along the lines of 'WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT CLICK THE VOTE BUTTON.' So, naturally, I had to click the VOTE button... (by far my favorite voting message).
  • Good call ref.

• IniarIniar Australia
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3009
    Date: 4/1/2015 at 17:15
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Assistant Studmeister Elokia

Elokia is now 'officially' an assistant producer on Imperian. She has pretty much been doing everything a producer does anyways because she was awesome like that. In fact, since we hired her I just lay around eating ice cream.

This means that you can officially blame her for all problems now. I have been blaming her for months.

In all seriousness though, Elokia has been a fantastic addition to the Imperian team and has done a TON of work to improve Imperian and we really, really appreciate it.

Penned by my hand on the 3rd of Letum, in the year 73 AM.

• It's a new month, and so far we're tenuously in fourth place. Get out there and vote! #rockthevote
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Come on people, Lusternia, Aetolia and Midkemia are ahead of us (not to mention a bunch of other random MUDs).  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Curran, Iniar, Lixan, and Rei.
    There are 6 players in this world.

Doing well Imperian. :(
  • This trigger will make all urls in your mudlet clickable (handy for voting).  It's part of svo (Achaean combat system built by Vadi) and includes the original credit in its trigger body.

regex trigger:

\b(?:(?:(?:[Hh]ttps?|ftp|telnet)://[\w\d:#@%/;$()~_?\+\-=&]+|www|ftp)(?:\.[\w\d:#@%/;$()~_?\+\-=&]+)+|[\w\d._%+\-]+@[\w\d.\-]+\.[\w]{2,4})\b

Put in trigger body:

-- credit to: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1818#p9641

for i,v in ipairs(matches) do

if selectString(matches[i], 1) ~= -1 then

setLink([[openUrl("]]..matches[i]..[[")]], matches[i])

setUnderline(true)

end

end

deselect()

resetFormat()

• edited June 2015
    Iniar said:
    Curran, Iniar, Lixan, and Rei.
    There are 6 players in this world.

Doing well Imperian. :(

The "Jules" of the other games (especially Achaea) need to know what's here, somehow.  Imperian is incredibly appealing to a particular kind of player.  If those people knew about us, they'd never look back.  But they need to know first.  And frankly, with established players who switch, they get to double dip.  Big time.  That said, being deeply invested tends to make most people hesitate about switching (or not switch at all), and they stagnate in their current game (likely while not buying more stuff).