Skip to content

Cult and Sect Expansion

13»

Comments

• 1. You cannot go around killing players. There is nothing they can do in return. It is not fun for players. Get your followers to do it. (we sometimes make exceptions here)

Can't this be loosened up, at least for people inside of their own sect? I feel like entities should be allowed, within most levels of reason, to do whatever they want inside their own sect. If a member has brought shame or insult or there is some kind of altercation going on, it would be much more dramatic and believable if an entity just brought down the wrath instead of sitting there toothless going 'guys, stop!'. I ask this knowing full well what I am saying - @Xuli will one day have to drop a million lightning bolts on me for getting cheeky. :(

I'm not asking for @Lazal to be able to nuke me (though I would not complain if she did), but I am saying I would have understood what I was getting in to if @Isra had or @Xuli did just that to me.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Given the avenue you're taking to interact with her order, I'd ignore you too since they don't have acyclovir (herpes treatment) in Imperian yet. The best way to deal with you is to ignore you. 

That being said: (we sometimes make exceptions here)

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    Not gonna lie, dude.

You're spam killing her followers for the reason of 'I'm bored' and that they may or may not be bashing to refill mystery's sect faith. There's not a lot of depth there. You didn't even pretend to fake a "Storms hate mysteries because lightning is a fact!" Your 'role played' reason would be more palatable if you had not used this trashy excuse two or three times before. What it boils down to is that you can't be relevant in any sort of team engagement so you're bottom feeding going after the weakest sect in the game and muddling in a grey area of rp/pk while banking that the players won't issue you and the administration won't put you under a microscope. You're notorious for one sided rp that glorifies you. If it doesn't you're also notorious for whining about it on the forums and going to work. The cost to benefit ratio for an entity dealing with that is incredibly low. We know your offer to eat your own punishment (aka: crow) is disingenuous. 

You should have your skype people (Xuli) get in touch with their people (Lazal) and actually hammer out something notable instead of padding the stats. Events posts, emotes, and dialogue have a more lasting effect than spamming f2 and then running to the Shuk.

Inc off topic.
  • edited May 2014
    Exactly why is this relevant to my actual point or request, re: entities should be allowed to do what they want? It is very clear that my post is not about Lazal - I am the extreme in not caring what entities do to me, you are very likely not - but about entities having far less strict standards of behavior in regards to their own cults and sects. What part of that request spurred you to, once again, pick a fight with me over something only tangentially related to the topic of a thread? I am seriously and entirely curious.

EDIT: You also spend a surprising amount of time trying to browbeat me and police my actions for supposedly not caring what I do in this game. <3 you too, Ahkan.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited May 2014
    To be fair, Sarrius was relevant in team engagements when AM still had a team. Now they've only got Shou/Karyn.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited May 2014
    Karyn is just Shou's system that Shou's while Shou is being Shou. So it's really just a pair of Shoes.

To not browbeat Sarrius so he won't whine, he's not alone in being pointless to rp with. If you catch any any of the Khandava crew at the wrong time (or have no idea what you're doing) you're likely to get ribbed for being terrible. It's just the way it is. If it makes you feel better, they're harder on themselves than you ever will be. I'll tell a naughty story on Khandava to highlight this. I'm guessing some newbie Celani tried to roleplay Kit being possessed by demons. Khandava, sucking at charades, was like "Dubya tee eff." This person was stuck in a game of taboo (can't say demonic possession) and charades so the event just tanked. To be fair, Aleutia had had a bad day and was not down for anyone's shenanigans. In the end, she was a bitch. Lionas was a jerk and the derp buddies were like WHY ARE MOM AND DAD FIGHTING.  The Celani was upset because Khandava was jerks. Everyone was like /flail and unhappy. It was totally our fault for being jerks.

@Sarrius. My point was that players, by and large, are terrible to interact with when they don't get their way. The story above is really an example that -everyone- is prone to it. I'm not sure you remember the real truth of the matter. Gods being able to kill you was awful. Sarapis would spam zap people because he had a hair trigger. Miramar, Aurora, Indrani, Three terrible Gaia's, Twilight. You should even appreciate how terrible it is to have someone like Eris pulling a Khizan* on you. 

On the flip side, when you find people who are down to play losers and eat their crow, the roleplay is fun as hell. I guess this is why Bathan is so much fun to have around. Even Aleutia-derp is down to play the loser. Nemesis and Olanre sure had a great time making Aleutia's life miserable.  I've had the pleasured of playing the heel a few times and I had a ton of fun. Maybe I was just lucky and got to have fun with Nemesis, Shallah, Lianthe and Illuminas. They always make exceptions that allow the player to die, but there's always that lurking fear that someone is going to have a meltdown on you. They're justified in that fear.

*Pulling a Khizan. Once you express an emotional response to a minor stimulus. Expect that minor stimulus to repeat itself.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I wouldn't mind dying to Nyrohi once in a while. I like my gods capricious. Plus... I really lose nothing except Kanthari wearing a smug grin on his face for a week. Just sayin'
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I don't really care too much if entities kill their own members.

• Jeremy said:
    I don't really care too much if entities kill their own members.
    Interesting.

Very interesting.

(it's a good thing I'm such a kind and benevolent diabolus!)

:)
  • Nyrohi said:
    Jeremy said:
    I don't really care too much if entities kill their own members.
    Interesting.

Very interesting.

(it's a good thing I'm such a kind and benevolent diabolus!)

:)
    I'll give you a dollar if you zap @Iniar first : D

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧