Skip to content

How much fun are you having with Imperian?

IniarIniar Australia
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
On a scale of 1 to 9, how much fun are you having with Imperian right now?
wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

Comments

• I am very happy with the mechanics of the game as a whole; the combat is fun, achievements are a good time filler, it's an excellent sandbox PvP game.

Give me a storyline/narrative and something to do outside of those things and I'd be 7+/9.

• Wysrias brings up a fair point. 

While I've been raging against the machine lately, the mechanical state of the game is honestly a lot better than it was four or five years ago. Class balance is a prickly thing, and I never actually see a point in time where the majority of the playerbase is satisfied. Beyond that though, achievements are neat, the newbie areas are a lot more streamlined, PvE's not awful, et cetera. I chose 2/9 largely because I have no real reason to log in, at this point. This could be fixed by creating some kind of split where in storyline/roleplay/overall narrative receives maybe 30% of the table time mechanics gets. 
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    The options of those poll are awful and biased and do not provide a fair and representative sample of the player base. #whining. #constructivecriticism
  • The highest intensity of fun I have had lately is a four, so I voted there to be generous.

As others have said, the mechanics are there, but the narrative is not. I have nothing actively engaging me in staying in Imperian besides being a city leader, sect leader, and guildmaster. There's not even enough tertiary fighting to keep me logged in for longer than an hour or two - I could log in for shardfalls, but they have reached their crescendo of boredom for me (as I was never a huge fan of them anyways after the new feature shine wore off.)
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Ahkan said:

The options of those poll are awful and biased and do not provide a fair and representative sample of the player base. #whining. #constructivecriticism

You're right, I forgot mudsex. That's the 10/9. I knew I was forgetting something. :p
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure