Skip to content

Gone Fishin' 1.0 for mudlet

edited September 2013 in Scripting
After several hours of long, difficult labour, I have completed my ezmode-fishing system. I know most of you probs already have one, but I will share it anyways.

Proudly presenting: Gone Fishin' 1.0. A (almost) fully automated fishing system. Tedious tasks made simple.
Features:
1: one command room fishing that keeps track of fish caught in a room and stops at the appropriate number.
2: auto-rebaiting when strikes kill your bait.
3: A fish weight counter, to keep track of how many pounds you have caught.
4: A fish weight calculator, which calculates the price in gold for what you have caught.
5: Auto mass keepup, which can be toggled on and off.
6: Sassy coloured echoes to make fishing more interesting, even if you did decide to use this system.

Please keep in mind that going AFK while using this system can result in permanent deletion of your character. Don't go afk! 

Commands:
initfish: enables the system.
fish <direction>: will start fishing the room you have chosen. You need only do this once per room.
calculate fish: will calculate the price in gold for your current fish weight.
resetfish: will reset your fish weight. DO THIS IMMEDIATELY AFTER SELLING YOUR FISH!! Otherwise the weight counter wont work properly.
mass: toggles mass usage on and off.
stopfishing: disables the system.

There is no outrifting of bait, so any bait you wish to use must be held in the hand.

Available for download HERE

Comments

• This level of automaton is right on the border of violating trigger rules, whether you're afk or not. @Jeremy, can you weigh in?
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • well, it DOES require user input. And it isn't as if it auto-moves to the next room once five fish are caught. I didn't think this would be a rule violation -_-
  • edited September 2013
    A feature in my fishing script you might want to add:

Caught a sleek bluefish
    4 fish left in this room
    It weighed 9 lbs - 6 pounds 12 ounces less than the record held by Howard
    Fish weight up to 9 pounds (36 gold)

EDIT to add:
    You can add a trigger for the fish sale message to reset the weight counter. I've bugged that automatic outrifting doesn't work for baiting a pole, so requiring bait in hand may be fixed for you there.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    It works, good work.

When the script starts, make it unwield left unwield right wield pole.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    It works, good work.

When the script starts, make it unwield left unwield right wield pole.
    didnt think of it, I'm uploading a new one with a fixed weight to gold calculator and a couple other fixes already :)
  • edited September 2013
    New version HERE
    What I changed:
    alias initfish will unwield all wielded items and wield your pole.
    fixed weight calculator to make it simpler(now ignores ounces entirely)
    fixed not adding weight when a fish weighed in at an even poundage
    re-baiting now fires on the prompt if needed

-_- mebbe I should have done all that before letting you guys see it. How embarassing :P
  • edited September 2013
    Gold paid for fish weight is based on full pounds only. The extra ounces on each fish are only used for records, and not summed for gold.

EDIT: For clarity: even if you have enough ounces to make a full pound, the ounces of each fish are still ignored. Two 8lb 8oz fish are worth 16 pounds, not 17.
  • edited September 2013
    Lionas said:
    Gold paid for fish weight is based on full pounds only. The extra ounces on each fish are only used for records, and not summed for gold.

EDIT: For clarity: even if you have enough ounces to make a full pound, the ounces of each fish are still ignored. Two 8lb 8oz fish are worth 16 pounds, not 17.
    oh, well damn. Did all that for nothin then :3

EDIT: Fixed in the link above ^_^
  • @Lionas I am not against automation. I am against AFK automation. If you are running something like this and are not at your keyboard, then you will get in trouble.

• This link no longer works. Anyone have a current one?
  • Saitou said:
    This link no longer works. Anyone have a current one?
    I too would like to see this.
    (Only if we keep voting!)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited March 2014
    fysh

I wrote it for myself, so you might have to adapt it.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Made some changes

• edited April 2014
    Sorry for not keeping up with this guys! I have re-uploaded this HERE. The aliases are still the same, and I still haven't found any sort of bugs or concerns. As always, when using a system like this, be sure to NOT GO AFK. That is all.