Quarterly Literary/Arts

2»

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2564
    Date: 3/6/2014 at 20:12
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Quarterly clarifications

After looking through the forums, Ashvani and I have decided that either clarification or inspiration are required to garner 
    more involvement in this, the last month of submissions for the Quarterly Arts.

Since a few of you seem to be struggling with the theme, we have decided to clarify it somewhat in hopes that this will help 
    you redirect your creativity in ways that will still relate to the overall focus. To start, the theme is not just "new players" 
    but also "newbies" and all things that relate to both. This includes newbie areas, mobiles that help newbies, things commonly 
    encountered by new players, or even your role as a mentor or guild leader in interacting with these people. At some point on 
    the forums the overall theme appears to have been lost, and narrowed down to just "new players," which we agree is somewhat 
    restrictive, but was much smaller than the original focus. So long as your topic is easily recognizable as being related to the 
    theme, it counts.

Here are some ideas for inspiration:
    - Your interactions as a mentor with a particularly memorable newbie
    - Your fondest/most terrifying memory as a new player/newbie character
    - The old newbie areas you used to explore and your adventures within them
    - The new renovations to the newbie area, and what has become of the NPCs you once met there.
    - What were your goals starting out as a new character, maybe reflect back as to what you one day dreamed of becoming, and 
    where you ended up because of your journey?

As of my writing this, we have three entries in the art category, and one in the literature category. We will need at the very 
    least a few more entries into both to consider continuing this into the future. If you have further questions, or suggestions 
    for future themes, feel free to message them to Ashvani or myself, or utilize this forums thread with your ideas: http://forums.
    imperian.com/discussion/322/quarterly-literary-arts.

Good luck,
    Ashvani and Sifka

Penned by my hand on the 13th of Bellum, in the year 41 AM.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Submitted. Hope you guys do too.
  • For those that are not able to log in to Imperian, but are interested, Ashvani and Sifka have expanded submissions.

Announce news #2565 expands submissions to include the following:

- You may submit once to both art and literacy
    - You may only submit once to each
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited March 2014
    Leikara said:
    Can we submit both writing and art?
    I think we can now.

I bought one of those japanese mechanical pencil-style erasers, and OMG.  It makes getting lines just right so much easier.  It's like, "oh, your line isn't quite right? Have another try at it, courtesy of me, Mr. Eh-Kuro4." The last time I was drawing somewhat regularly was when Imperian had first opened, and if I got a small line wrong, I would have to erase the whole line, then try and do it all over again, but then (especially since I was drawing on computer paper) I would just end up drawing the line in exactly the same way again.

With this really thin eraser that comes out like a mechanical pencil, I can just keep sketching until I think the line looks right, then erase all of the excess.
    Drill baby drill because luck is a skill.
  • Yeah they messaged me back, you can do an art and writing both now. *flap* I need to get to work!
  • Bump. If anyone's interested in seeing these in the future, throw something together so that there's a reason for these kinds of contests to exist. 
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I submitted my written work! I really do hope they continue these!
  • Frantically trying to finish mine!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited March 2014
    I love the two little eyes in the gaping maw. Looks like an evil pacman emerging from the treant.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I don't have mine on hand, but I goofed up and put a wrong name :( Wonder if I can change and resubmit.
  • I wish I hadn't been so busy with all of the other shit happening in related to Imperian, or I would have been able to finish this written submission. Here's hoping I can make it in time.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Managed to eek out a story for this on time, we'll see how it goes!

Who else participated!
  • I busted out the mad ms paint skills.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    My submission was in two colors. Unless you count white - then 3
  • MS Paint entry sent!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Bardic submission for me!
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • I wanna see the MS Paint pix!
  • Crap, it's April 1st already? Stupid finals... Next time!
  • edited April 2014
    Has admin hopefully reached a decision to continue these?
    (pretty please? :< )
  • Aleutia said:
    I'm pretty sure that we're going to be continuing the quarterly arts contests. We're in a little bit of a tough spot right now though, because we're planning on doing some kind of a Tournament of Ages later in the month. The ToA usually contains an arts contest, so for now we're holding off on announcing the next round of quarterly arts. Doing two simultaneous arts contests has the potential to be very messy.
  • Jesse said:
    Aleutia said:
    I'm pretty sure that we're going to be continuing the quarterly arts contests. We're in a little bit of a tough spot right now though, because we're planning on doing some kind of a Tournament of Ages later in the month. The ToA usually contains an arts contest, so for now we're holding off on announcing the next round of quarterly arts. Doing two simultaneous arts contests has the potential to be very messy.
    Awesome! And completely understandable. Thanks for getting back to us :)
  • edited April 2014
    Bathan said:
    2. Everyone who enters should get something. Even if Khizan submits his little MSPaint Mona Lisa, toss him 15 credits. Again, this only happens four times a year. He can make 60 credits for booting up MSPaint.

My MSPaint Mona Lisa is awesome.

(it's Ressnik and Ander on an ill-fated attack on Mereis[who is a newbie])

(it did not go according to plan)

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Who is hanging from the tree?
  • That's Khizan's pathfinder.
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • Totally captured Mereis, I think.