Skip to content

Organization-Based Highlighting

I've been trying to make a script in Mudlet that highlights names based on their city/council affiliation. So far I have something rudimentary using tables. I was wondering if anyone else has made a similar highlighter, and if so, how did you do it?
currently tentatively active
(may vanish for periods of time)

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited March 2014
    Mine works something like this:

function make_player( arg )
    - adds 'arg' as a key to table 'players' such that players.arg.afflictions / players.arg.vars / players.arg.circle / players.arg.profession are valid arguments.
    - circle is assigned manually on creation of the argument, and can be switched with a different function

function make_colors()
    - called on startup
    - iterates through 'players' and for each key (that is, each player), assign a collection of tempTrigger()s in the following format:
    - eden.eadb.highlights[arg][i] = tempTrigger( arg..suffixes[i], [[selectString(']]..arg..[[', 1) fg(']]..color..[[') resetFormat()]] )
    - the argument 'color' is selected from a table of circle = color, ie. "D" = "maroon"

function target( arg )
    - kills the associated color triggers for the argument, and reassigns new ones based on assigned target color (red)

Sample:
    17:33:28.205 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    17:33:28.210 Aevynne, Aislygn, Aliandor, Annabeth, Bellentine, Chartreuse, Cheryl, Doshar, Favrielle, Ferriter, Ithera, Ivi, Kailynn,
    17:33:28.210 Kallin, Karyn, Katalina, Khizan, Kyar, Leranad, Lyneah, Maha, Narithia, Panta, Raini, Sapp, Seraphyne, Shalsen, Shou,
    17:33:28.210 Skasha, Skifleure, Tek, Tinkles, Tryon, Tryon, and Vyir.
    17:33:28.218 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1235&hilit=highlighter

I use that one there. It is easy enough to customise for orgs as well
    Make a table linking orgs to colour names
    Then do something like:

if fgc == "Antioch" then fgc = theColourTable[fgc] end

Then instead of supplying the function with specific colour names, you can feed it an org name instead.