Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Lalitana said:
    Zhiash says, "People keep sticking cookies in me and making me hold them. I do not like cookies."
    DOESN'T LIKE COOKIES?!?!?
    Jarrhn tells you, ""Jarrhn has been sucked through Jarrhn's wormhole, and perished in the Dream Realm." Inception'd."
  • Amethyst Knight Katarsh Sa'Gael, Guardian of Janusian Lore says, "Iluv and Victor don't seem to be 
    about, perhaps I should get to my hunting."

Ahah, these are the moments that make it all worth it!
  • Joorg, the blackjack dealer says, "No more bets."
    Joorg, the blackjack dealer deals you an Ace of Hearts and a King of Hearts.
    He deals himself two cards. The up card is a two of Diamonds.
     _______   _______
    |H     H| |H     H|
    |   .   | |  | /  |
    |  / \  | |  |/   |
    | /---\ | |  |\   |
    |H     H| |H | \ H|
     -------   -------
    Joorg, the blackjack dealer exclaims to you, "Blackjack! Calix smiles on you,
    friend!"
    Joorg, the blackjack dealer flips over his hole card, showing a ten of Hearts
    for a total of 12.
    You won! Joorg, the blackjack dealer hands you 30 gold sovereigns, and you
    collect your bet.

DOES HE JOORG? DOES CALIX SMILE UPON ME? :(
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Too soon :(

Poor Calix. His entrance was so awesome. It was also an amazing representation of the plight of the Predators.

CALIX SHOWED UP AND CUT EVERYONE!

-No one cared.-

Calix died.
  • Nobody cared except the person he stabbed in the eye and killed, you mean.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Really should classlead that next time...

• I'll leave it to you. Surely you can find room in your stack of dumb necromancy classleads. Maybe somewhere in between GIVE NECROMANCERS DIADEMS and GIVE NECROMANCERS TALKING HEADS????

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • You're just jealous that I have all the cool ideas for fun little RP things.

I'll channel my creativity towards whichever circle you're in next time around.
  • If you can get Templars a diadem so I can roll around with a shimmering amethyst aura I will gladly change my stance on your ideas.

• Khizan said:
    Nobody cared except the person he stabbed in the eye and killed, you mean.
    Vahin ks'd. Calix didn't get credit.

No one cared: Still Valid.
  • Summoning your faith, you impose a harsh penance upon yourself. 
    You are afflicted with penance. 
    Your head spins as your mind is drowned in chaos and confusion. (confusion) (confusion) 
    You are afflicted with confusion. 
    Equilibrium Taken: 5.80s 
    *<0-640/640h 100m 2809e 1718w 79x <eb> <db> 3| 2.75> 
    You take a long drag off your pipe, filling your lungs with laurel smoke. 
    *<0-640/640h 100m 2809e 1718w 79x <-b> <db> 3| 0> 
    You touch the tree of life tattoo. 
    You realise that you aren't a sinner after all. 
    You have cured penance.

(Bellatores): You say, "So, found a bug." 
    (Bellatores): You say, "The new hellsight isn't curable." 
    (Bellatores): You say, "Oops." 
    (Bellatores): Sarrius says, ".. at all?" 
    (Bellatores): You say, "Well, tree cures it." 
    (Bellatores): You say, "Laurel doesn't." 
    (Bellatores): Sarrius says, "Hahahaha." 
    (Bellatores): Sarrius says, "Oh god."
  • edited November 2012

You lash out with your wicked talons, drawing slices across yourself's body.
    Your claws seep atropine into Gurn's bloodstream.
    Yourself's Moon Aura glows a Sukhder crimson before hurling the toxin back at 
    you.
    you.
    you.
    Pain leaves your body and you feel ready to take on the world. (recklessness)
    You sternly order a forest basilisk to afflict yourself with impatience, and it
    casts an iron-hard stare at you.
    You shuffle your feet noisily, suddenly bored. (impatience)

I wonder if I can make a hundred loop with a lucky enough shot.
  • (Bellatores): Justus says, "Let me try quake on you?"

(Bellatores): You say, "Sure Justus."

(Bellatores): You say, "In arena though, I don't trust you."

(Bellatores): You say, "Well, your damage."

(Bellatores): Justus says, "It wont one shot you."

<466H 460M 100E> [eb db]
    Justus  against the ground, and stands firm as the imbued power of Earth is
    unleashed in a massive earthquake that shakes everything around you.
    Pain wrecks your body as the quaking earth batters you relentlessly.
    As the pounding of earth proves too much to you, your broken body collapses
    soundlessly to the ground.
    You have been slain by Justus.
    A prickly pear falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of kelp falls out of your inventory.
    A toadstool falls out of your inventory.
    An orphine seed falls out of your inventory.
    An orphine seed falls out of your inventory.
    A mandrake root falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 5 mandrake roots falls out of your inventory.
    A nightshade root falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of kelp falls out of your inventory.
    A maidenhair leaf falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 5 maidenhair leaves falls out of your inventory.
    A toadstool falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 5 mandrake roots falls out of your inventory.
    A nightshade root falls out of your inventory.
    A juniper berry falls out of your inventory.
     <dead> [-495]

• derp

• That seems like a reasonable amount of damage.
  • You raze Caelya's aura of rebounding with a Souledge Sabre.
    With a lightning-quick motion, you slash Caelya with a Souledge Sabre. (slash)
    Balance Taken: 2.45s
    You move in to engage Caelya.
    Equilibrium Taken: 2.07s
    *<0-512/670h 96m 2944e 1714w 31x <--> <db> 3| Caelya -3 0.1090> 
    The earth ceases dragging you down.
    Justus pounds a hardened quarterstaff of the Wilds repeatedly against the ground, and stands firm as the imbued power of Earth is unleashed in a massive earthquake that shakes everything around you.
    As the pounding of earth proves too much for Mackenzie, her broken body collapses soundlessly to the ground.
    Justus has slain Mackenzie.
    Pain wrecks your body as the quaking earth batters you relentlessly.
    You have lost the insomnia defence.
    As you feel the last remnants of strength ebb from your tormented body, you close your eyes and let death's darkness embrace you. Suddenly, you feel the warm embrace of divine power fill your eternal soul. Opening your eyes you find yourself in your mortal frame once again.
    As the pounding of earth proves too much for Kliko, his broken body collapses soundlessly to the ground.
    Justus has slain Kliko. 

Over 512 damage with no real in-room prep time, that is probably a little less reasonable than I thought.
  • can't really nerf a piece of plastic my friend

• Welcome to the wonderful world of artifaaaaaacts!

Was testing with Ellen-- When she does hers, max damage(no levitation and the like) goes for 350 about. Justus' is no setup, and does that much in comparison. With setup, it would be doing some 700-800 damage, likely. Something needs to be fixed about how artifacts scale for that.

Normal earthquake takes some time to charge up and then without anything, deals 135 with a 4.5(athletic) balance time. Not horrible.
  • Charge up time isn't really a factor - there is nothing to stop a Druid from using earthsong or earthburst over and over (with or without anyone present) to charge imbue beforehand.

• I don't terribly mind high damage, or even really high damage against every target in a room if there are balancing factors to keep it either manageable or situational. Alacrity is lethal too, but Priests can't reliably do it from the start of a fight. What I'd like is basically some re-evaluation of walk in, unavoidable delayed levitation strip, 700 damage earthquake. Whether that's binding elemental energy to the room, or binding it to a target, or using some other form of limiting factor to make it actually a closer and not a lead-skill is likely fine.

There's a direct analog to Kai energy that I understand, and pre-kai is still perhaps a problem too, but all the kai in the world doesn't give me earthquake. We've taken steps to tone down kai attacks over the years to bring them in line with balance, even considering the fact that you can pre-kai and lead with one.
  • Question: How is it that you talk about Justus doing it with no setup, Gurn? Mechanically, that's not possible. You have to do some setup, even if it is the unrelated setup that Kryss mentioned to charge up imbue without actually having to be attacking.
  • As far as the group fight is concerned, there's no setup. Walk in, delay the lev strip, earthquake on balance regain. Total time to unleash armageddon: about 7 seconds.

Your argument is basically like saying that the time I spend harvesting toadstool should be counted in how efficient I can claim to be at healing.
  • At the very least, skills that do not damage someone should not generate imbue/feather.

• edited November 2012
    Juran said:
    Your argument is basically like saying that the time I spend harvesting toadstool should be counted in how efficient I can claim to be at healing.
    If you're talking to me... I had no argument. I was just wondering what Gurn was talking about, and whether he actually thought it had NO setup, as his post said. I would agree with Kryss that there should be some setup to be able to unleash it that actually involves attacking, or setting up the room itself. I have no workable suggestion on how to solve that problem, though.
  • Katarsh said:
    Question: How is it that you talk about Justus doing it with no setup, Gurn? Mechanically, that's not possible. You have to do some setup, even if it is the unrelated setup that Kryss mentioned to charge up imbue without actually having to be attacking.
      I think he was specifically referring to the two modifiers, prone and levitation-free, since as others have pointed out the way Justus went about it required practically no in-fight setup.

Without setting up ahead of time, imbue and feather can take quite a while to actually gather in a fight, so having to go back to zero whenever you switch rooms would have negative consequences on the class as a whole. The best way to solve team abuse might be to simply lower the damage of unmodified earthquakes considerably, but leave single-modified earthquakes and double-modified earthquakes alone.

Alternatively, have it scale less with artifacts, since currently it can get up to 30% damage increase from the evocation staff, up to 20% from the collars.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2012
    Ellen is awesome. Thank you!

Things that don't make sense about this skill:
    -You should not be able to build up to imbue/earthquake outside of combat. (Fanatism hit this spot on. Kai does not)
    -If not the first, you should not be able to start combat with imbue. (F > K > I)
    -Specifying the damage determining stat is silly. The clear choice here is intelligence because it has the least resistances and the most exploits.

Instead of levitation and prone functioning as damage bonuses. Why not have them funfction as damage resistances? Cap the damage at 400-500 and reward druids for being able to prone and strip levitation.
  • Justus is a Strong Druid (really the best for button mashing and artifact abuse). The collar he has would do nothing for him. A collar and staff earthquake generally rivals a str quake but does not surpass it. I think earthquake needs to attack the user too, and perhaps unmodified quakes need to be toned down. In addition, we could just make Earthquake take its cost in Imbue before damage calculation, which would lower the damage all around by roughly 18-20%.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Yes, I am saying that Strength Earthquake is comparable to Intelligence at the same investment levels. We added STR differentiation because the skill was unattractive to non-INT Druids. It is the end game goal or closer to most Druid combat scenarios, barring the silly Absolve Fast style.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • I have absolutely no problem with the damage that Justus does with his closer, just the wind up time and mechanics available to prevent it. That 500+ damage hit killed 3-4 people on my team including my blessed knight in fullplate merely seconds after he entered the room. That sort of thing should decide a fight, not start one.