Skip to content

Champions

2»

Comments

• I think the point of the bosses is to make becoming a Champion slightly difficult.
  • Ziat said:
    Can we have the bosses remove from the temple please? With the changes to Champion, there will be a lot of frequent sacrificing and dealing with them is pure annoyance. They should run from the power of the hammer or something instead of leaning on a staff in the room where the hammer is. 
    Working on that.

• So a few changes I would like to propose on Champion. I'm sure others might have noticed so here's what I think needs change

- Magick/AM Champion requiring a person to sacrifice while those demonic dudes can just enter a leechwood and gain Championship 

Why? Its harder to find people to sacrifice you, especially when you can only have a cult member sacrifice you on the cult altar. The temple isn't really a option with the 4 bosses that take ages to die are still around. 

- Champion not losing ANY experience
    While this was a good way to motivate people to gain champion, the fact that now Champion is way more easier to get, the part where a champion only lose their status on the death of a another champion or an apprentice champion warrants this change. Basically people just go risk themselves into any fight, charging into guards, fighting a group of people outnumbered. While this is a good conflict initiator, its kind of frustrating to keep killing a champion repeatedly and not gain anything out of it. Losing PK makes people think before charging, Champion stops that.

Solution? Make it so that Champion lose at least half of what they would lose when not being a champion. This in turn gives the killer some reward too. This would keep the "Getting champion" motivation instead of the usual double experience. It will also keep the ongoing risky conflict going while keeping at least SOME risk into this 
  • As an aside, when AM/Magick sacrifice others, it registers as a kill/death - this is not the case for Demonic. While this is absolutely minor, I don't really see any reason for there to be such a difference.

More importantly! You can't change your champion 'type'! Sitting in Kinsarmar with a TOTALLY EVIL purple name seems silly. Even if Kinsarmar is totally evil. :3