Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

Comments

• @Kryss I haven't been back aboard the Aquila since its re-maiden voyage, heh. The quests for it pretty epic? I've sort of toned myself down on the main quests for a bit, and recruited all the assassin I could, leveling them up, and running around looking for all the homestead missions I can find. @Sarciossis said that you should spend time building up your homestead for the gold generation, but I haven't spent a lick of gold on anything. Granted I haven't upgraded my weapons or anything, mainly haven't found one I just -have to have-. I'll of course go through and buy them all for my shelves at the manor if I haven't by the end of the game.

• The Aquila missions are boss. I ignored them completely my first play through, but finding all of the trinkets and then doing the naval missions is fun as hell imo. But I've just done the missions, not the extra. I'd recommend getting the +2 knife and the cavalry sword, @Delrayne. I got the club too, just because the animations are cool.

Also, do not like these liberation missions in new york where I have to beat up the leader of the squad of redcoats. Because it -always- ends up involving a whole platoon of them instead :(

• Yeah, the new york liberation missions were the worst. For me the map icons wouldn't show up for like half of them, so I was stuck wandering through the districts just hoping I'd run into a sick person, or a farmer being attacked, or something like that...seemed like it just took for ever. Hope you all got to use the icons to find them at least.

I'll try out some of those weapons, and I seriously considered buying a blunt weapon before you even said it just to see the animations, heh. I mainly just use the hidden blade and wreak havoc. I also love using human shields, not sure why but its just so gratifying to grab a hold of a grenadier and let his own peeps shoot him up.

• edited November 2012
    Mkvenner said:
    Krond, The Dawn-Clad (ENCHANTMENT /dragonagereference)

Splitting a Commander's Arsenal with some mates tomorrow :D
    I tried that for awhile, when I made my Uril deck Green/White. I found Sigarda works muuuuch better for it than either of them did. Krond's mana cost is too color intensive, and Uril is too weak to sacrifice.

Incidentally, Sigarda, Host of Herons is my only EDH deck.

Edit: I used to run a Blue/White Delver/Saint Traft/Tamiyo deck, but most of what made it work went out of Standard and I moved away from any card shops I know of, so my standard aspirations are pretty much gone. It's all just casual now.
  • At first I felt AC3 was slow, but gosh, once you get into the actual game and can do whatever it's just amazing. I actually prefer the frontier to the cities, because having played every other AC game so much it's great to be able to bound through the trees and wilderness. The only problem is there is so much to choose from I can't decide what to do! And I'm only in sequence six!

• Alarick said:
    Mkvenner said:
    Krond, The Dawn-Clad (ENCHANTMENT /dragonagereference)

Splitting a Commander's Arsenal with some mates tomorrow :D
    I tried that for awhile, when I made my Uril deck Green/White. I found Sigarda works muuuuch better for it than either of them did. Krond's mana cost is too color intensive, and Uril is too weak to sacrifice.

Incidentally, Sigarda, Host of Herons is my only EDH deck.

Edit: I used to run a Blue/White Delver/Saint Traft/Tamiyo deck, but most of what made it work went out of Standard and I moved away from any card shops I know of, so my standard aspirations are pretty much gone. It's all just casual now.
    I run Sigarda in Krond, she's part of the turtling theme I've gone with for the deck, Sigarda, Avacyn, Ascetism, Witchbane Orb, Ghostly Prison, Sphere of Safety and lashing of totem armour. I normally don't like limiting interactivity that much in EDH but with an enchantment deck I need to stop my self getting 10 for 1'd repeatedly. A lot of people complain about Krond's WWWGGG cost but I've never had a problem with it and his ability is just so powerful/versatile. Also about to slip a Mirari's Wake in there so that should help a tonne with mana.

This being said I got the foil Kaalia from the Arsenal yesterday so my Krond deck will probably be torn apart for it's angels with some of the spare parts going into a Bant deck (Treva atm as I've got no other bant generals in my folder).
  • edited November 2012
    I think I run all of those cards except Avacyn and Witchbane (I took Witchbane out for Birthing Pod), and I definitely run Krond. That 10-for-1 is exactly why I use Sigarda as the general, too - the only way to kill her is with a clone or a board wipe, and if you get shield of the oversoul on her, the board wipe is off the table.

I mostly get Krond out via Birthing Pod, and about half of the time end up killing him to find Elesh Norn instead, but it really depends on the game. Usually Elesh Norn is better - especially against Kaalia, since it completely stops her from surviving when she's cast - but Krond's ability is one of like 3 ways I have of dealing with Avacyn, and in some cases the only way to deal with an Avacyn/Iona combination.
  • @Kryss Seriously, don't rush it. Make sure you do whatever you want to do before you finish all the sequences. I'm now in the same boat as @Sarciossis by replaying it, and I called myself taking my time and doing other things outside of the main mission, but there is still so much I want to do. Plus I'm trophy grabbing on this one :P

• I've been falling asleep playing Eve Online.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • edited November 2012
    Also, Delrayne, if you start clearing the homestead missions, and when you get to New York you'll get a girl named Ellen. Do hers as quick as possible, then go to your stockpile/crafting and get yourself the Twin Holsters. Being able to dual flintlock is so much fun (especially with the duckfoot gun, ahaha).

Also, once you get to new york, you should unlock the Gunstock Club. Highly recommended. So much fun to use.

On a side note, not being able to tell the game to auto-craft during the recipe part is so annoying. I have to back out, go craft the needed item, and then re-do the recipe I wanted to do in the first place. I ended up just going through my gold making like 10 of each recipe so that way I could do all of the enhancement items (larger pouches, bigger quiver, twin holsters, etc).

EDIT: The final trinket that is in the mountains near the northeast side of the frontier is such a pain to get. I still haven't found the entrance, and it's the last one I need!
  • Alarick said:
     and in some cases the only way to deal with an Avacyn/Iona combination.
    One of the guys in my playgroup has a Sisay deck that tutors for Avacyn/Linvala/Iona. It draws a LOT of hate.
  • I'm cycling back into a League of Legend phase, but that's about it for multiplayer games. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Playing SW:TOR again.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • @Sarciossos the entrance for that trinket is to left of the fallen tree that lets you get above it. Additionally you can just jump down to it from that area. Just make sure you don't miss the platform that the dead body is on. Also the trinket missions were awesome. Right now I'm trying to get the thieves club to come up. I've completed all the first challenges but no club like the Boston brawlers has appeared anywhere. I think all I have left for hunting is just completing the map. Also as far a gold generation is concerned. Just dedicate some time hunting bears and stuff. Pretty much the fastest way to get some gold. Outside of all that I think I'm lacking about four trophies and all the mp trophies till I get platinum. Some of the naval missions were a pain to get 100% synch.

• I want to play the redone Final Fantasy MMO when it comes out.

Mostly because I'm a FF whore. I hated the first MMO, but I gave it a good five minutes before I uninstalled it.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • Picked up my copy of AC3 few days after it came out. Really great story line, except when my little sister wants to speak of "We are learning about the Revolutionary War in school right now!!"
    My biggest fear? That if her 5th grade teacher tells them to write anything about what they know, she will put down that Conner fought side by side with George Washington in the War of Independence, while in Modern Times Desmond is gonna save us from all dying on Dec 21st 2012.. I'm awaiting that pink slip from the dean's office already :l
    Other than that. I find myself playing Halo 4, and Black Ops 2. Keeping up with the times of my major multiplayingness. Games aside, I'm a taxi driver for my family since I'm out of a job. Everyday is spent driving miles to and fro XD Have an entire Iphone full of Dubstep to keep each ride fun.
    ~ When things go ta hell on earth. You will be searching for 'dem Twinkies. Just give me 'dem Reeces ~
  • edited November 2012

Saw this at work today and thought "Conner was here."

Edit: hates how images just sometimes work :(

• edited November 2012

• Connor is superior to Ezio. Yeah, I said it.

• football manager 2011-12 
  • I picked up Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2 again not long ago, on a VERY casual level. Always loved MMORPG's and the last addition is Guild Wars 2, which I sadly don't really play anymore (more or less because the guild I was in left for WoW pandas when it was released). It was an awesome PvP game though and I even liked the PvE in it due to the challenge it gave me (some of those dungeons were damn near impossible) and it was an interesting change to have the items just be cosmetic rather than for better stats.
  • Fractals in GW2 are freaking amazing if you play with friends. They're not like regular dungeons at all, you have to think to get past a lot of the challenges, and it's just really cool how they decided to change everything up.
  • AC3 is an amazing game till all the bugs kick in.  Been stuck in walls, had followers just stand still, picking up guns off the ground to fire them feels clunky as all hell.  Sometimes countering doesn't work right, Im only in sequence 7 but some of these things are beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

• I just picked up the THQ Humble Bundle, and pre-ordered and preloaded Far Cry 3 via Steam. So... right now I'm playing Red Faction Armageddon and Metro 2033. Though I'm about to scrap Metro and put Saints Row 3 back on because my 2nd gen i5 with integrated graphics chokes on some of the more intense firefights, causing me to die far too easily. 
  • @Apoloc: You've got it right there. There's a sequence in the last mission, you are chasing a dude, and I had to retry the mission probably 20 times because the person I'm chasing would disappearing through the ground and I would lose him.
  • For you MTG players who indulge in Commander.. how many of you get to board states like this and think, "Man, I'm not even done yet.."

http://www.imgur.com/CkLcs.jpeg

Playing ElfCombo in Commander is such a mess. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • If someone was playing Elfcombo in my old group, he was probably the first one to get picked off.
  • edited December 2012
    You would think a casual board sweep would definitely take me out of the game.

I guess playing blue makes that a little more difficult. Not to mention the redundancy from it and green. I just have a great chance at preserving my board. Somewhere in that pile of elves is an Ezuri, too.

I definitely do get targetted, though. I just have to go faster, and if I don't combo nearly as hard as I want, I have Joraga Warcaller to make it a classic beatdown plan.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Try Primal Surging in a deck with 4 non permanents. Or a Genesis Wave the turn after Boundless Realms. Now THAT is a messy board state. Though to be fair I've usually got Warstorm Surge out by that stage so most people just scoop. That said it hardly ever happens :(

Trying to decide on a new general at the moment but a bit stumped. Also looking to get into modern, anyone know of anywhere that sells prebuilt, or partially built modern decks? (Ebay seems to have a surprising lack of such things.)

• edited December 2012
    Mkvenner said:
    Sarrius said:
    Try Primal Surging in a deck with 4 non permanents. Or a Genesis Wave the turn after Boundless Realms. Now THAT is a messy board state. Though to be fair I've usually got Warstorm Surge out by that stage so most people just scoop. That said it hardly ever happens :(

Trying to decide on a new general at the moment but a bit stumped. Also looking to get into modern, anyone know of anywhere that sells prebuilt, or partially built modern decks? (Ebay seems to have a surprising lack of such things.)

Just build UR Storm - it is pretty low, cost-wise, and is generally very consistent. So long as you can practice actually piloting it, you don't have many BAD matchups. It is a very successful, cheap deck.

EDIT: Or, if you fancy playing Emrakul on turn 4 or Karn on 3, you could build Gx Tron - you can look these decks up on the 'What's Happening?' section of DailyMTG's area for MTG Online. Just look at Modern Daily events.