Skip to content

Client Pics

Comments

• edited February 2014

It's been a while since I last posted my system screenshot and a lot has changed since the last time I posted it up.
  • I do have a question for everyone... What do you want from a system?

• IniarIniar Australia
    Where does your chat window appear?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited February 2014
    oh lol you see the top? where it says "all, chat, web, misc, shouts, death, hide" the hide button hides the window where the others open up the channels and ALL opens up so u can see all channels

It basically just drops down .. like capture 7/8 lines height..

• IniarIniar Australia

My play station! :)
  • Blue leds in your case are designed to lower the temperature of your PC, right? :P <3

• IniarIniar Australia
    They're LEDs ok! :P
  • Nyoka said:
    I do have a question for everyone... What do you want from a system?

Minimalism. I'd post a picture of mine, but you could just as easily see how it looks from opening a new profile in Mudlet. No map. No extra windows. No buttons. No gauges. No distractions.

• Kryss said:
    Nyoka said:

Minimalism. I'd post a picture of mine, but you could just as easily see how it looks from opening a new profile in Mudlet. No map. No extra windows. No buttons. No gauges. No distractions.
    I pull channels to a side window so I don't miss anything, but otherwise I agree.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    @Iniar not using a shitty mac anymore? Good.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Kryss said:

Nyoka said:

No map. No extra windows. No buttons. No gauges. No distractions.

For everything else, there's MasterCard.
  • Anyone got any ideas on what else needs adding? It does look ALOT better on a bigger screen but laptop is only 15inch

• IniarIniar Australia
    Also I forgot to mention Nyoka my favourite feature in mine is a 'whohere' bar using gmcp. It's the best. The only thing I carried over from my old system.
  • edited February 2014
    I have that but sadly no one was standing in my room @Iniar

the (v13437) s, n, e, sw, w, n,

gives peoples name below it I have my own echoed out because sadly I know im in the room :P lol

The best feature is, I can change color from black to pink to red to blue by a click of a button also :P
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited February 2014
    Mine currently.

Changed map to show gmcp players, exits, and info. Changed a lot of my toggle options to clickable links, and set visual status bars to the right showing target's health, mana, and resonance.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Which blue is that? It's very nice.
    SteelBlue
  • edited July 2014
    double post (meh, learning new forums sucks)
  • edited July 2014
    I've been scouring the forums for info so I hope it isn't too much of a crime to revive this thread. This is pretty much all I've been working on since I started on Imperian a couple of weeks ago. Still have things I want to add in but it's coming along.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Very nice. You do have two maps :(
    edited October 2014

Slightly modified. Bottom status bar helps with manually doing infirmities and keeping track of shadowstriking too. I watch that Affs number constantly.
  • How do you people make things look that pretty?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Talbain said:
    How do you people make things look that pretty?
    A lot of work.
    @Talbain It's pretty simple to get into if you use mudlet at least. Geyser handles things pretty well (for the most part).

You'd start off with something like:

statuswindow = Geyser.MiniConsole:new({

name = "statuswindow",

x = "75.8%", y = "42.5%",

width = "22%", height = "13%",

color = "black",

})

statuswindow:setFontSize (7)

Then, you can simply use cecho/echo's to send stuff to that console, like:

cecho("statuswindow", "<red>Target: "..target)

This will make 'Target: <target>' appear in that console. Then, anytime you'd have that text change in the console, simply clearWindow("statuswindow") and insert new information.

To note, I'd first change the color of the console to say red or yellow and size it up to where you want it first, then save it as a black background.
  • edited January 2015
    Not finished by any means, and the right edge is cut off because I can't jpeg. The displays flag active affs as red, and they need some more formatting to try and keep the blocks together. The unused consoles on the right are going to be derived info and some extra bits. Bottom bar is the rest of my personal info. The different colors in the item section is just alternation for readability, but I'll be coloring some things differently eventually.

And yep, it's busy!

• Nyoka said:

If someone headed up a crowdmap on our server, as per Vadi's mudlet mapper, literally everyone would win (including admin, when they sell a buttload of wormwarp arties).  Pretty sure you'd need help, but I also bet you'd get it, because it's one of those things that is just awesome for everyone (and also not really possible without a lot of cooperation).  It's beyond me, except to say "everyone would love it, and wouldn't look back once they had it".   

• Crowdmap is already a native mudlet mapper option.
  • Hrm, I just meant that each game has to make their own and maintain it (and so far as I know, we don't have one).  I know it requires the cooperation of at least a few coding savvy people to get off the ground.  It might not be as hard as I think, but it does require people to walk around and note where all the wormholes are, for example (and this does change from time to time), and that sort of thing is easier to keep up with when several people are around to say "yep, that wormhole is gone", or "welp, there's a new secret exit here".   It requires someone who really understands Mudlet's mapper in short (which I don't).  
  • Jules said:
    it does require people to walk around and note where all the wormholes are
    This is extremely easy to do in Imperian because wormholes basically do not exist. 

And, if they did exist, I'm pretty sure that the main consequence of releasing a public map that showed everybody where they were would be the AM circle going around and closing them just to pick fights. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."