Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    Got yoinked for lunch. Prz hold off PK Gemhunt :( kthx bai.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Iniar said:
    Got yoinked for lunch. Prz hold off PK Gemhunt :( kthx bai.

Arrive home, first thing I see:
    A chill shivers down your spine as the voice of Svorai is carried to you upon a frozen breeze, "Caelya took first with 756, Kanthari in second with 464, and Aydamis in third with 225."

:<
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    (Bellatores): Khizan says, "And this is why the game needs a "Okay, knock it the fuck off" button."

Looks like cross circle teaming because we're DTF (down to fight) has a resource cap! Oh well! Something something biting off more than you can chew, something something eating crow, something something Toldyouso.jpg, something something #thuglief.
  • Um.

At the time I said that, your team was on something like Unsuccessful Raid Attempt #7.

My comment was less "Oh, no! Now it's our turn on the block, I don't want to fight!! Woe is me!" and more "I don't want to spend five hours slapping you around, only to have you cheese the guards with numbness when I go to bed".

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• It's more like babysitting  and you see them eating out of the litterbox -again-. It's funny the first time. After that..not so much.

(P.S. In this analogy, you're the kid)
  • Aten is significantly tankier, does significantly more damage, and he doesn't run away as soon as he gets hit. 

Aten would be an upgrade in basically every way.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited December 2013
    Aten's contribution is summed up with the command 'BLOODSWORN ON'. :(

EDIT: And then never logging in again to let me use it a second time, SCREW YOU @ATEN.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • He makes a really good wyrm track target, too.
  • Juran said:
    Menoch said:
    (Bellatores): Khizan says, "And this is why the game needs a "Okay, knock it the fuck off" button."

Looks like cross circle teaming because we're DTF (down to fight) has a resource cap! Oh well! Something something biting off more than you can chew, something something eating crow, something something Toldyouso.jpg, something something #thuglief.
    Let's be honest, your role in this combat to date has been to press F1 and attack someone else's primary. You're about as integral to the Antioch war machine as Aten.
    There's nothing wrong with being the Bathan of the war effort. Hitting F1 to do a bunch of damage is a very important job.. right? RIGHT? :(
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I am just bitter because I was assured back in 2007 that the "Sani's Big Book of Moronic Raiding Tactics" was buried beneath a volcano somewhere, surrounded by seven fire-breathing dragons, a hermit who is good at riddles, and an angry goat....and yet somehow AM has unearthed it.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited December 2013
    While there's definitely nothing wrong with being a damage bot, I don't really fit the profile. I'm more of the vlock bot, beckon bot, oh god let's kill this one bot, let's move here bot, is this in siege bot, and lol at septus shard walling and making cassius blow like 100 redshards to try and disrupt and order guards bot. Hopefully, one day, I can graduate to being the I come back at the tail end of a war and pretend to know what's going on bot, but more hopefully I'll never degrade to being that terrible at 1v1.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    I tried so hard
    And got so far
    But in the end
    It doesn't even matter

Linkin Park must have been singing about 1v1.

Anyone else ever noticed how incredibly high maintenance and flippity floppity these faux e-bushido 1v1 bots are?
  • Khandava closed its gates before we even tried anything? Did Alvetta run and tattle saying we were going to come after you? That is so like her, considering she was blowing up seraph mindread the entire time I was talking to her about ending this stupid thing.

I'm just going to say I have far less active motivation for that endeavor. Not because it is harder, but because as much as I love riling up Ahkan, it just isn't worth my time.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Khandava closed its gates before we even tried anything? Did Alvetta run and tattle saying we were going to come after you? That is so like her, considering she was blowing up seraph mindread the entire time I was talking to her about ending this stupid thing. I'm just going to say I have far less active motivation for that endeavor. Not because it is harder, but because as much as I love riling up Ahkan, it just isn't worth my time.
    It was fairly obvious what your next move was going to be. We're still early into this, it's not even close to the finish point.
  • edited December 2013
    I mean in terms of Kinsarmar. If Demonic wants to make the first move in Act 2, I will just go with the flow, but I don't want to draw first blood there unless I am forced to. Last night's Stavenn antics thankfully had no damage.

Edit: This comes after a night thinking on it. I was fired up earlier and now I'm questioning some aspects or motivations.
  • Eldreth said:
    I am just bitter because I was assured back in 2007 that the "Sani's Big Book of Moronic Raiding Tactics" was buried beneath a volcano somewhere, surrounded by seven fire-breathing dragons, a hermit who is good at riddles, and an angry goat....and yet somehow AM has unearthed it.
    BRB I need to plot a new area....
  •  You take a group of 100 diamonds from an elegant white letter.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    ^
    in relation to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

^ this happened

I admit, much like city guards, it was pretty crappy to get Lonely Island involved in this.
  • So now you've resorted to YouTube links in response to relevant posts? Bravo, Ahkan. You could at least make a better pass at concealing your frustration and angst at failing a blatant two on one. I know it really hurts to know that we made Kinsarmar surrender, nevermind that I know they want to break it at moment's notice over a personal grudge. You shouldn't have stepped in to the ring in the first place, and you only did it because you thought you had a chance of making us stop having fun doing things you don't have fun doing.

You no longer have an excuse to blame us for involving city guards - you willingly attacked Ithaquan townes because, much like Kinsarmar, they are the weaker force in their circle. Can you, just for once, sit down and shut up instead of trying to dispense your snark? Kinsarmar did the sensible thing and paid out. Now I'm going to let you guys have a tantrum and strike the first blow, or let it drop.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    ^Oh my god. I love this owl. Isn't he festive and to the point?

So wait, let me get the time line correct here.

Step 1: AM Attacsk Kinsarmar guards for no reason
    Step 2: Days later say you exploited a tactical weakness.
    Step 3: Raid every city in the game that isn't yours.
    Step 4: Maintain tactical weakness as reason, troops say otherwise.
    Step 5: Cry on forums about the bad role play of people responding to steps 1-4.
    Step 6: Get ass handed to you
    Step 7: Kinsarmar quits (thanks guys!)
    Step 8: Retcon your grand master plan to be "war with demonic" (ignoring the fact it conflicts with step 2 and step 4)
    Step 9: Raid stavenn
    Step 10: Die a lot.
    Step 11: Backpedal like a baws
    Step 12: Accuse other guys of involving guards, despite the fact that you knowingly hit guards first 11/12 times.

We involved Ithaqua because they were already involved, by your own admission. We fessed up to our engagement of Ithaqua and the Antioch townes. I felt I should mention Antioch townes since you left that out. I'm pretty sure you left that out in an attempt to paint Demonic as the villain. Sorry pumpkin, you're the villain. You know how we know? You monologue'd to Alvetta. Your grasp of language isn't enough for a -good- monologue. I'd honestly pay to see Lionas or Sagron monologue, hell, even Selthis. Not you. Never you. It sucks, but the ball is in motion and now you're trying to back out of it.

I don't even know what this is from, but it's so accurate. Sup, AM.

Edit: Also, let's be honest. I was making fun of (trolling) your reaction to your terrible demand. It wasn't even an argument or a point of discussion. It's more like, "haha, Lionas dressed up like a pirate for halloween, he must look like that all the time." (<-- that must be awkward to actually believe)
  • I'm a very sexy pirate man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6BZmOuvvs
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Do you ever stop with the personal attacks? Honestly? I'm fine with you refuting the points in question, but doing so at the expense of insulting my grasp of language? Poor play.

I'm not backing away - I'm placing a significant wedge of time between Kinsarmar's surrender and you throwing a fit that isn't entirely motivated by In Character reasons, so that when you pull off the gloves and 'get off the bench' and start 'griefing' us the way you decried us for doing last week, I have all the justification in the world to do it right back. You will have started it, citing a war you weren't even supposed to get involved in (once again, that wasn't entirely backed up by established roleplay.. unless we still consider the Lyria treaty established Khandava roleplay?) as the reason you started reducing yourselves to our contemptible level.

I did not 'retcon' my plan - I saw a chance to engage Khandava directly instead of through a proxy, since you wanted that fight. You made it obvious you wanted that, the moment you stepped in to something you had no business involving yourself in whatsoever. I took advantage of this and said to Alvetta, 'You know what, you aren't allowed to help Demonic when we go to war with them for sticking their nose in to our business'. I know she's itching to break it, but she's ultimately a coward who will keep to it and she knows the consequence.

Yes, you killed Whistlerock guards - after stooping to the lows of rushing them through graveyard zerg. You don't have a moral high ground here. You are just trying to be pompous, and it isn't working.
  • edited December 2013

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Sarrius said:
    Yes, you killed Whistlerock guards - after stooping to the lows of rushing them through graveyard zerg. You don't have a moral high ground here. You are just trying to be pompous, and it isn't working.
    I think we had one person accidentally die while we were killing those guards.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Yes, you killed Whistlerock guards - after stooping to the lows of rushing them through graveyard zerg. doing what we did, just more efficiently.(I.E. More meat shields)

^ You see this. This is what people tried to tell you four, five, six, seven days ago. Funny how it's wrong when it's used against you.

The rest of your post is filled with bad logic, poor assumptions, limp posturing and tin foil hat theories and isn't worth discussing.

As Aleutia pointed out. "Cry about personal attacks. Personally attack Alvetta." Whoops!