Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Eldreth said:
    Svorai has this rep as a kind, helpful spirit, but I'm just saying that there was only one voice in my head screaming "MORE BLOOD!!!" every thirty seconds during the last couple PK gemhunts, and it wasn't Aleutia or Lionas.

She killed Hastati.

It's only made her taste for entities grow. I mean, you think Olanre has a taste for entities? Ha! Wait until we really get rolling.

Only after the holidays, though. Entity eating does not contribute to a jolly gift-giving spirit.

• Eldreth said:
    Svorai has this rep as a kind, helpful spirit, but I'm just saying that there was only one voice in my head screaming "MORE BLOOD!!!" every thirty seconds during the last couple PK gemhunts, and it wasn't Aleutia or Lionas.
    You better be around for my next Gem Hunt the last one was boring.
  • edited December 2013

Svorai said:
    Eldreth said:
    You better be around for my next Gem Hunt the last one was boring.
    Ways to ensure a less-boring Hunt: if you enter a protected area (city, town) while holding gems, you instantly explode and your shinies are scattered to the wind.
    :D

(also increasing "harvest" time of gems, though my first suggestion is better)
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."

• (Kinsarmar): Jalin, the Tanner says, "Help! Help! I'm being repressed..."
  • I had hoped killing him would extend the lockout we had initiated.

Also, when you kill Aranel, she still references Janus and won't leave a body behind. Sort of lame.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Cadeyrn said:

(Kinsarmar): Jalin, the Tanner says, "Help! Help! I'm being repressed..."
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    thatsthejoke.jpg
  • It's not a bad trigger for one word spammed, you just don't have to announce it like that.
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    Triggering target like that is a bad idea. As to why, the quote summed it up perfectly. Then again, I don't imagine alot of people do that.

AM showing up at a shardfall. Brishi JPK-ing
  • IniarIniar Australia
    The baby goat ponders you a moment before she declares, "Bah."
    :D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AmbroseAmbrose Texas
    edited December 2013
    Shah Sarrius Chytovil, the Baneslayer says to you, "With these raids on En'Aruna and Aherindale, the Ironwood can no longer afford to stand idly by."
    You say to Sarrius, "Understood, I've alerted two of the council, that's the best I can do for now."

Further inward monologue, "Hate to break it to you, Shah, but you're looking at the closest, most consistent thing the Pines have to an army right now."
  • Ambrose said:
    Shah Sarrius Chytovil, the Baneslayer says to you, "With these raids on En'Aruna and Aherindale, the Ironwood can no longer afford to stand idly by."
    You say to Sarrius, "Understood, I've alerted two of the council, that's the best I can do for now."

Further inward monologue, "Hate to break it to you, Shah, but you're looking at the closest, most consistent thing the Pines have to an army right now."
      Any Ithaquan worth even 0.25 damns was already participating, so we figured there was nothing to lose. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Okay, but why Ithaqua?

That's like some bully beating on you, and you enlist the help of the weird gothic kid who also got beat up by him sometime in your life. You two manage to stand up against him, but then go hey, you know what's a really great idea?

Let's go beat up the bully's younger brother!
  • Well, see Khizan's comment. Ambrose is pretty much the only Ithaquan fighter who's consistent right now (Airamaya, but trying to get the council out of suckfest territory makes her a rare combatant... Kliko, but well, it's Kliko... Alonzo doesn't really pry himself away from Emily... Ozreas is sporadic at best). So on a percentage base, the bully's younger brother might as well have been 90% committed already. It's not like the younger brother is going to retaliate anymore than he already is.
  • Gurn said:
    Okay, but why Ithaqua?

That's like some bully beating on you, and you enlist the help of the weird gothic kid who also got beat up by him sometime in your life. You two manage to stand up against him, but then go hey, you know what's a really great idea?

Let's go beat up the bully's younger brother!
    This came up. The counter point was the Ithaquans who mattered had all participated in the derp wagon. It was a valid point.

What changes by involving Ithaqua 'officially'? Nothing.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I forget often that Ithaqua exists.
  • Clearly I just need to save it again!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • IniarIniar Australia
    An aberrant mirebeast wades through the mire for a short moment, one tentacles coming up with a 
    muddied rodent. With a screech of what might be joy, the mirebeast stuffs the rodent into its 
    humanoid mouth.
    :O
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • In Antioch..

worm devour Aten
    You try to do that, but nothing seems to happen.

Do AM suffer any mishaps, negative effects while in Demonic or Magick affinity_
  • Iluv said:
    In Antioch..

worm devour Aten
    You try to do that, but nothing seems to happen.

Do AM suffer any mishaps, negative effects while in Demonic or Magick affinity_
    I've had the same issue while trying to phase in AM territory. I never had any trouble whatsoever using my abilities in Demonic or Magick territory as a Predator, though.
  • I'm fairly sure surges like the above are unique to enemies attempting to attack within AM territory. Some sorta holdover from the days of entire cities being totemed or something I'd suppose. Anyway, please get rid of it.

• Surges also effect Devotion in Magick and Demonic territory, mind you.. and probably other skills, but I couldn't say for certain. It is not a one-way street.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>