Skip to content

Now Playing

What Artists/Composers/Albums/Songs have been in your rotation lately?

The Weeknd - Kiss Land
The Weeknd - Trilogy

Think dark RnB.

AFI - Burials

Just giving a first listen and it's everything I could want out of a new AFI album(less pop than Carcinogen Crush).

Comments

• Dream Theater's latest album is pretty good.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Samiyam's latest album Wish You Were Here.

• edited November 2013
    The last week or two I've been listening to Horses In The Sky (album) by Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band repeatedly.

Here's the full album on youtube:

EDIT:
    I needed a pick-me-up, so now I'm listening to Amy aka Spent Gladiator 1 by The Mountain Goats

I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Pusha T - My name is my name

Jay-Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail

The Devil Wears Prada - Dead Throne

The Offspring - Americana (Oldie)

• edited November 2013
    Introdiction - Scroobius Pip

• edited November 2013
    Protest the Hero - Volition

• At risk of stereotyping myself as a southern guy, The Drive-By Truckers/Jason Isbell's stuff have been taking up most my personal listening. Specifically: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WGu7dEjPsg (watch out for language here, if you're at work) or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCMsUQmS0Bo ... 

However, been grinding through a term paper and I have a rough time with lyrics and writing at the same time, for those moments either the Braveheart Soundtrack, the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack, or Explosions in the Sky.
  • Ambrose said:
    Explosions in the Sky.
    Give Godspeed You! Black Emporer a try. You'll like it.
  • Lionas said:
    Ambrose said:
    Explosions in the Sky.
    Give Godspeed You! Black Emporer a try. You'll like it.
    Initial thoughts - gonna depend a bit on setting which one I go to, from the few I've listened to - largely seems to have a more unsettled vibe than Explosions in the Sky, more akin to Hammock. Like it so far though, thanks for the tip!
  • Well since I'm permitted to wear ear buds and rock out for 11 of my 12 hour shift I just put roughly 300 songs on shuffle. It helps that the 'played' cache is cleared every time I exit the music player so it repeats alot of stuff throughout the night but it includes: Disturbed, Metallica, Halestorm, Megadeth, Trivium, Lamb of God, Sick Puppies, Slipknot, Lacuna Coil, Flyleaf, A7X, Godsmack.... I'm sure you get the genre I'm into..
  • edited November 2013
    Listening to a lot of Slint (Spiderland especially)

and Shellac's 1000 Hurts

Cause they're both playing here soon and I'm taking a week off work to have some fun!

also @Lionas I'm shocked by your recommendations. Pleasantly! I love Godspeed
  • edited November 2013
    Dethbridge in Lethbridge - The Rural Alberta Advantage

• On the GS!YBE kick: try Mogwai, Tristeza, Mono, Saxon Shore and The Roots of Orchis.
  • Within Temptation - Paradise

• Iluv said:
    On the GS!YBE kick: try Mogwai, Tristeza, Mono, Saxon Shore and The Roots of Orchis.
    It's GY!BE. Saw them live a couple of weeks ago at Mountain Oasis. Amazing show, I was emotionally overwhelmed/drained after the first track. Mogwai is also good. Mono is good live, but not as overpowering as a GY!BE set.

• I watched Doomstar Requiem and figured it'd be good for some laughs, maybe a badass metal track or two, but this is absolutely the best musical piece I've heard in the last five years. So much better than it has any right to be.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Late 90s drum n bass a la jungle!  Get yah some.

• edited November 2013
    Apoloc said:

The Offspring - Americana (Oldie)

Bump because this album turned 15 years old today.

Now playing: The Offspring - Staring at the Sun

• Good god, I'm old.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited November 2013
    Old :(  I remember buying their first album, along with Pearl Jam's first album.  

This might be old news to you Euros, but Passenger's - "All of the Little Lights" is an awesome album.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Atlas Genius
  • edited November 2013
    The Thermals - Here's Your Future

• edited November 2013
    Besides anything The Cure and Queen, which usually comes back to haunt me during my 'I got nothing to listen to... oh wait'-phases I've lately been listening to Glocca Morra, Letlive.,The Tallest Man On Earth and Neil Halstead.
  • MeWithoutYou - The Fox, The Crow and The Cookie

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    Today, alternating between:
    Sunburn - Fuel
    Dat New New - Kid Cudi
    Send the Pain Below - Chevelle
    I Remember - Tristam
  • Q-Tip and Busta Rhymes - Abstract and the Dragon Mixtape
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    edited December 2013
    A few from today:
    Man in the Long Black Coat - Mark Lanegan
    President Carter - Lil Wayne
    Save Me - Shinedown
    Edit: Oxygen - Gemini
  • Been a Jose Gonzalez kind of day for me, been slammed at work with the year-end around the corner and needed something to help calm me down.