Skip to content

November is Movember!

Comments

• Apoloc said:
    Will do.  

It appears someone is subconscious about their mustache and thinks 2 days will matter.
    My 2-Day 'Stache makes the ladies croon.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • I'm in on the faux mustaches :D

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Can we grow a beard too? Basically can I go all caveman? If so, I'm in. Because I look like a damn fool with just a mustache.
  • This contest is ...hmm, whats the word for age-discrimination?

Anyway, bleh, I can't grow a mustache in a month. :( The hair on my face grows painfully slow, but the hair on my neck grows faster than the hair on my head. I'm all messed up!
  • That is way there is a category for creating a fake mustache.

Also the word you're looking for is 'ageism'.  Discrimination based on age.

• APO! Add me to the Natural.

Also, I would like to join into the fake one, however do not want to be judged...just for fun.
  • I'm in. Can't afford to donate but I'll post a picture of my clean shaven face tomorrow. Keeping the chin goatee though. Haters gonna hate.
    Jarrhn tells you, ""Jarrhn has been sucked through Jarrhn's wormhole, and perished in the Dream Realm." Inception'd."
  • edited October 2012
    I've always done Movember, and we've got a competition running at work, too.

I am not sure if you did it already, but have you posted a link to this thread in game and on the facebook group page?

I'll throw in 100cr and I'll also be playing.

For the record, when we do it at work everyone with facial hair shaves and starts from scratch. Not especially bothered how it's done, but it's more exciting when everyone is on the same base.
  • Ashton said:
    Can we grow a beard too? Basically can I go all caveman? If so, I'm in. Because I look like a damn fool with just a mustache.
    I think the rules stated you could grow a full beard if you wanted but only the 'stache would be judged.
    Jarrhn tells you, ""Jarrhn has been sucked through Jarrhn's wormhole, and perished in the Dream Realm." Inception'd."
  • Justus said:
    I've always done Movember, and we've got a competition running at work, too.

I am not sure if you did it already, but have you posted a link to this thread in game and on the facebook group page?

I'll throw in 100cr and I'll also be playing.

For the record, when we do it at work everyone with facial hair shaves and starts from scratch. Not especially bothered how it's done, but it's more exciting when everyone is on the same base.
    Yes it's on the meets board. And yes part of the rules is you shave and take a picture holding a sign that proves you just shaved, I believe right now it is something like "Selthis was here." And at the end of the month a new sign will be listed and you post your pictures then.
  • @Apoloc, where do you want the photos uploaded?
  • IIRC, any imagehosting site will work so long as you can post the picture in this thread, and so long as it'll stay up for the duration of the contest.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Ah. All right. Didn't know if he wanted it posted on a different thread or this one. Thanks.
  • edited October 2012
    Apoloc said:
    Movember Contest /Entry Rules

1. The contest begins November 1st, 2012.  Anybody wishing to compete in the ‘natural’ mustache category must have a clean shaven picture  posted by  23:59 GMT on November first.  (More specifically, when the game turns from November 1st, to November 2nd.)

2.  Anyone in the ‘faux mustache’ category is not required to post a ‘before’ picture, and are allowed to join in at any point up until the contest ends on November 30th at 23:59 GMT.  (More specifically, when the games turns from November 30th, to December 1st.)

3.  Beards are allowed, though will have zero bearing on mustache judgement.

4. All are able to join either category, though obviously if you cannot grow a mustache, stay away from the ‘natural’ category.  ‘Faux mustache’ is what you’re looking for.  

5.  There will be 3 judges in total, to preside over the competition, Apoloc, preferably 1 admin being as they have donated a substantial amount to the pot, and one other unbiased individual.  (Read: @Jeremy proposing an Admin if possible)

6.  Prior to November 30th  contestants will be informed of a new sign to hold with their final picture.

7. Prizes are subject to change, though hopefully no reason that they should be any lower than the current listings. 

8.  There will be a first, second, and third place prize for each of the two categories.    Though possibly only 1st and 2nd for ‘natural’ dependant on number of contestants. 

9.  Contestants may only take part in one of the two categories, not both.  For purposes of people double entering fake/natural.  Natural will be taken as the primary meanwhile fake will not be judged.  

As a reminder, you have approx 24 hours to get your photos in for the natural.  Register with me via ingame message if you're interested, I have a handful of natural and random fake contestants.  

Bolded comments are/seem to be FAQ.

CLEAN SHAVEN PICTURES POSTED HOLDING A SIGN SAYING:

'WINTER IS COMING, MUSTACHE 

MY NUTS AWAY.'

• Before: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/stachecompetition002.jpg/
    After without sign: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/stachecompetition003.jpg/
    After WITH sign: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/stachecompetition005.jpg/

Had to take the sign photo in a different room so it wouldn't appear backwards in the mirror.

The second picture was to clarify that I had no mustache since the first wasn't a good shot. I'm awful with cameras. Also. CHICAGO KNOWS.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • @Sapp

Most epic phone case ever.
  • I am game, plus another 10 credits from me.
  • All of three pictures so far, come on guys.

TITAN
    UP
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I feel so naked without my beard.

I'll be posting a picture later, because believe it or not, I have no camera or smartphone. So a friend will be taking it.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8215/20121101133218.jpg

I suck at pictures, and I hate not having a beard.
  • edited November 2012
    I forgot how much razor burn sucks.

• Jesus, that was way bigger than I wanted it to be....

• Delrayne said:
    Jesus, that was way bigger than I wanted it to be....
    So you're actually really, really big. Worse things could happen.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • edited November 2012
    Deadlines hit, missing 3 known entrants pictures - @Sarciossis @Justus @Sigrun.

I don't see a reason why you still can't enter so long as its within the next day or two.

Any other late comers are welcome, please message me in game so I don't accidentally miss you.

As far as contestants go this is my current list:

Natural :
    @Delrayne - (posted)
    @Jorachim - (posted)
    @Sapp - (posted)
    @Bathan - (posted)
    @Ashton - (posted)
    @Jazzster - (posted)
    @Justus - (MIA)
    @Sarciossis - (MIA)
    @Sigrun - (MIA)

Fake:

If your name is missing off either of these lists please get back to me so I know my list is accurate.  Donations are still coming into the pot so I won't be creating any tiered reward system yet, though currently it's looking really good.

• edited November 2012
    http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/Cidfrieg/1101121707.jpg

i'm going to win, because i'm asian hurr hurr. The sole fact that I have facial hair is enough. jk jk! And yes, I know the g is backwards.
  • @Gurn

If Sigrun is Asian and entering there is NO reason why you couldn't too... :(