Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Dicene said:
    By my (very rough) calculations, using 0.2oz as a sip, each concoction in the belt is roughly 4.7 gallons and a full vialbelt would be several bathtubs full of liquid. RP be damned, I want bendy straws for my vialbelts.
    Forget that.  Those crazy straws with the loops that change color based on temperature as the liquid flows through them. 

• Selthis said:
    Dicene said:
    By my (very rough) calculations, using 0.2oz as a sip, each concoction in the belt is roughly 4.7 gallons and a full vialbelt would be several bathtubs full of liquid. RP be damned, I want bendy straws for my vialbelts.
    Forget that.  Those crazy straws with the loops that change color based on temperature as the liquid flows through them. 
    Nah, too much... would hurt the combat spam problem.
  • @Dicene That AB change was unannounced. Sorry. Working on making AB files make more sense to newbies. I will look into the lesson thing. I am lazy, and lazy people make poor coders.

• edited September 2013
    "creature270281" a dire bear-like creature
    "beast214017" a horned beast
    "mutant214791" a carapaced mutant

"Hrm, that beast is aggressive, I should kill it first.

dsl beast
    You slash viciously into a dire bear-like creature with a truesilver claymore.
    Damage dealt: 67 Remaining: 92.23%
    Adrenaline flows in your veins and your wounds hurt less.
    Health Gain: 6
    You swing a truesilver claymore at a dire bear-like creature with a powerful strike.
    Damage dealt: 67 Remaining: 84.47%
    Adrenaline flows in your veins and your wounds hurt less.

"Goddamnit."

I like the thing where you give bashing areas a common keyword to make targetting less of a pain in the ass. But it would be pretty awesome if you could make it so that the common keyword wasn't also the specific name of a type of creature in the area.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2013

Throwing my twocents in:

Statpacks - players should be allowed to change statpacks to allow greater freedom to experiment in their USD 200 class. Moradeim ameliorates this, but in my opinion, insufficiently.

I also don't want to devalue statpack change artifacts.

My proposal:

Players are allowed to change their statpacks once a IRL fortnight. The cost: a variable quest and actual/PK experience.

Player A (a Predator) wishes to change from Strong into Athletic. Being a scrub, they can't afford a Gem of Transmutation, nor a Dagger of Reincarnation.

Player B informs Player A that there is a method to change your statpack, but they first have to find NPC C.

NPC C is a wandering NPC known to frequent Loc 1, Loc 2 and Loc 3.

When discovering NPC C, Player A is told that he/she must prove their worthiness once again. Player A is assigned one of 3-5 different quests, that scales with the player's level:
    (a) return to NPC C with 5-30 blueshards and 1-5 redshards
    (b) return to NPC C with 1-3 player heads
    (c) return to NPC C with one of random temp artifacts
    (d) return to NPC C with xx of random mob corpses (drawn from a list scaling to player level)
    (e) return to NPC C with xx of random items

NPC C will then detail each and every step for Player A's successful reincarnation.

Player A must travel a randomly assigned remote spot (that cycles through lists per fortnight). He/She must then PRAY TO MORADEIM as a channeled ability, which takes them to a random maze. They must travel to the center of the maze and there, pike their own head. This allows them to REINCARNATE INTO <statpack> <race>.

This quest can only be done once a fortnight, and gives a semi purposeful quest. The randomness should be incorporated to prevent automation, and at Aspect level should be moderately difficult to achieve. This does devalue the Dagger of Reincarnation, but hopefully not the Gem of Transmutation. The associated costs should drain resources from the game (see shards and xp) or involve interaction with the rest of the world.

What change would be fun without PK. If the player is an Aspect and while doing PRAY TO MORADEIM, they are Open to PK. Hopefully, this encourages the involvement/recruitment of aligned players.
    Welcoming any alternate solutions.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

• Iniar said:

Bash up 100 credits.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2013
    Khizan said:
    Iniar said:

Bash up 100 credits.
    I have a Gem. Just hate telling new players that it costs them 100 credits to change a choice they made not 2 minutes into the game. (Yes, yes, I know you can change it up to L30)
  • Any chance we could just have statpack switching looked at in general?

There was a lot of effort put into making professions easier to change, easier for lowbies, better in general, but having a statpack incompatible with your second class sucks. I'm thinking about dropping the better part of $200 into getting a new class, but because my primary is Hunter(Athletic or Fast for combat) and my new class is Mage(Intelligent or Wise for combat), I'll either only get to use this new $200 purchase every other IRL day(Moradeim Reincarnation), or I'll be required to drop another $350 to get a Gem. An idea on how we could fix that:

Allow us to acquire statpacks similar to classes and change between them at will(with restrictions to prevent weird mid-combat stuff and/or to help gem retain its value). This would be a great way to add a middle-ground between Moradeim Reincarnate's limited functionality and Gem's expensive, high-end functionality, plus you would get purchases from people in the same boat as myself; unwilling to drop $350 for a Gem, but wanting to use two conflicting-statpack classes. Could also generate purchases from people wanting access to a statpack for use while bashing and one for use with pvp. Example numbers:

- Each statpack costs 100-150C to learn.
    - You can switch to each statpack you have access to once per IG month.
    - Gem allows you to switch statpack(and race) more often, gives access to all statpacks, or could be split into two 500C artis, one for each effect.
    - Moradeim Reincarnate would retain it's current use(short term access to any statpack/race).
    - Lowbies would be able to make up for picking a bad statpack initially by dropping the 100-150C into a permanent investment, rather than a single reincarnate.

This allows people to make use of bashing statpack for an hour or two bashing session and then switch back to pvp statpack for remainder of IRL day. It also allows me to stay in Mage for most of my day and switch to Hunter for a single shardfall each day, going back to Mage when I'm done with that shardfall. People would still buy the Gem once they have a few more arti's under their belt, and you'd attract purchases by low/mid players looking for a solid, fairly cheap investment(also, more people purchasing classes they couldn't use otherwise without buying a Gem). Feedback?
  • an option related/under autocuring priority to tell it not to cure a specific affliction.
  • I've already asked for Priority Zero, and Garryn's response was basically "Sure, I could do that."

• WTB level 2 Ivory Figurine.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'd like to have a unique lockpicking thing where you have to guess a number for placement or something and if you get it wrong a trap springs and obliterates your face.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited October 2013
    Can weaponprobe show inline what I'm probing (and its number) please? And can vials show what they contain in gmcp.Char.Items.List (unless it's a Perception skill thingy)?
  • Iniar said:
    Can weaponprobe show inline what I'm probing (and its number) please? And can vials show what they contain in gmcp.Char.Items.List (unless it's a Perception skill thingy)?
    It certainly used to be a perception skill : elixlist. Which, frankly, is a bit of an annoyance for newbies already - "Can you tell me what these vials have in them and how many sips?" - <hands you 150 vials without waiting for you to stow away your own>
  • II Vial, II <elixir/toxin/salve>, and Elixir list all shows what they contain, as far as what they hold. Elixir list will show you how many sips in each vial and how many months left till decay. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, @Iniar.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    @Svorai that's not GMCP!
  • Azefel said:
    @Svorai that's not GMCP!
    That's what I get for trying to be helpful! I'll go back to my cave now :( 
  • Svorai said:
    Azefel said:
    @Svorai that's not GMCP!
    That's what I get for trying to be helpful! I'll go back to my cave now :( 
    Good >:(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Svorai said:
    II Vial, II <elixir/toxin/salve>, and Elixir list all shows what they contain, as far as what they hold. Elixir list will show you how many sips in each vial and how many months left till decay. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, @Iniar.
    Yeah, I'm just being lazy and trying to do a gmcp query and testing for 'cures' so I don't walk around with restoration/mending/mass missing (without doing a 'p health', 'i mana', or 'elixlist' and doing some parsing :s)
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    can we add statpack to char.status plz
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can doing LOCK DOOR <dir> please automatically CLOSE DOOR <dir> as well?

Can QUICKDRAW <item1> <nonexistent> please not have an automatic failure, but rather draw the item that -is- there and return a failure message for the missing item?
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Locking a door open has its uses (actually, more like "a use").
  • edited October 2013
    Azefel said:
    Locking a door open has its uses (actually, more like "a use").
    And isn't possible anymore.

EDIT:
    You unlock the north door.
    You open the door to the north.
    You cannot lock an open door.
    You close the door to the north.
    You lock the north door.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we add the weakness timer to gmcp? Couldn't find it.

Also, silly request - can I have a toggleable nickname? So I can call myself Iniar 'Gramps' Nullheart. :>
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited October 2013
    Probably a horrible idea, but could we have all skills that prone strip levitation first and then prone without? This would exclude mobs of course and sleep, and possibly help with the proning problem with an AM group slightly.
  • Mathiaus said:
    Probably a horrible idea, but could we have all skills that prone strip levitation first and then prone without? This would exclude mobs of course and sleep, and possibly help with the proning problem with an AM group slightly.
    This is a classlead issue.
  • And also would make Druid earthquakes easier, and also mean we need to consider levitation on the sip balance...

Nah.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited October 2013
    And yet, fenugreek, mass, rebounding (defenses) are already on healing balances. Makes sense to me.
  • Can we please change monks? Like.. boo users or whatever fun (not lusternia crap though), but awesome Imperian monks.