Skip to content

Event Feedback, 2.0

edited October 2012 in General Discussion
And lo, having already had to grind wood, shovels, booze, AFKing, recruits and sacrifices, our weary adventurers were now given about 2 minutes of interaction with Tomas before being told to go grind divine essences.

Event discussion goes here.
‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”

Comments

• Now it's no longer grind out mobs.

Now it's wait for world message to trigger and there's a gold rush to find it.

I'll sit this part out, since I already got my piece in. FOR CALIX.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • I'll be entirely disappointed if the event curls around to the normal sitcom ending - everything being exactly the same it was before the episode started. If we're going through all this effort I believe we should be rewarded with the storyline moving on to a major degree.
  • We all love grinding shovels and booze.

I am planning another event for in a couple weeks. It will not be nearly as long and it will go in a different direction. There are a few things I did not like about this.

Also, on a side note, we will start showing some of the post god stuff next week sometime for you. I have had some messages from players asking about that.

• It's been a good, long event.

It got me to Aspect, which is cool.

Just make the corpus PK open. That should be fun.
  • Cadeyrn said:
    I'll be entirely disappointed if the event curls around to the normal sitcom ending - everything being exactly the same it was before the episode started. If we're going through all this effort I believe we should be rewarded with the storyline moving on to a major degree.
    Nothing will go back to being the same. The ending of the event will also create some game changes as well.

• 2012/10/13 15:45:25 - A twisted blood-wraith slew a silent wytch
    Is not useful information.
    2012/10/13 15:45:25 - Healer slain at ROOMNAME, #ROOMNUM in army ARMYNUM
    Would be something resembling useful information.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Lionas said:
    2012/10/13 15:45:25 - A twisted blood-wraith slew a silent wytch
    Is not useful information.
    2012/10/13 15:45:25 - Healer slain at ROOMNAME, #ROOMNUM in army ARMYNUM
    Would be something resembling useful information.
    So picky. Let me point Tomas as this and see what he says.

• I guess I am slow. He reports that he already made the change.

• edited October 2012
    Should put Tomas in charge of those art/bards imo

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • This event is really dragging. It is also not cool that the game is sort of Hugcraft right now - everybody decided to work together under threat of their orgs being deleted, which in the end meant nothing really changed on that front whatsoever.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Jeremy won't respond to me about getting Kinsarmar wiped out.
  • It happened once, it will happen again. Please, please let it happen.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • The getting insta-ganked by the army stacks is a bit old by now. Also, getting to Champion status as a non-artifact/non-Aspect takes a bit too long for it to be wiped out with bad luck on an auto-path hitting an army clot. Seems like the event is more geared towards those with a lot of time/high level/high survivability, like most bashing events. That being said, the actual god-death portion was really unique and fun.

• Sarrius said:
    This event is really dragging. It is also not cool that the game is sort of Hugcraft right now - everybody decided to work together under threat of their orgs being deleted, which in the end meant nothing really changed on that front whatsoever.
    You and Khizan have gone on and on about this and it drives me nuts because neither of you have tried to affect the situation through IG channels. You both sit on Burt and go 'World of Hugcraft, man this sucks.' Lionas and Mena both actively approached Bathan IG to discuss terms of a ceasefire. It happened that the whole Grand Alliance God meeting had happened right before it, and Vahin has ordered Bathan to defend the realm.

On top of that, there's still shardfalls every three hours which people are more than welcome to fight in.

• God forbid that maybe one month out of the past 9-10 years hasn't been filled with people at each others throats, physically at least.  

• I am actually more interested in the post God event - looking forward to it even.
  • Bathan said:
    Sarrius said:
    This event is really dragging. It is also not cool that the game is sort of Hugcraft right now - everybody decided to work together under threat of their orgs being deleted, which in the end meant nothing really changed on that front whatsoever.
    You and Khizan have gone on and on about this and it drives me nuts because neither of you have tried to affect the situation through IG channels. You both sit on Burt and go 'World of Hugcraft, man this sucks.' Lionas and Mena both actively approached Bathan IG to discuss terms of a ceasefire. It happened that the whole Grand Alliance God meeting had happened right before it, and Vahin has ordered Bathan to defend the realm.

On top of that, there's still shardfalls every three hours which people are more than welcome to fight in.
    What concerns me the most about this post is that you don't seem to pay attention to most things one inch beyond your nose. I've most definitely tried IC channels, but I've kept myself in check instead of pulling an Aeorden and simply 'doing it'. To be honest, you seem to be on your high horse over this entire thing and it irritates me beyond belief. You and everybody else in favor of a 'grand alliance' turned a conflict driven game in to a stale waiting game while we charge the hammer, which also subsequently meant that an opportunity given to us to physically change the distribution of citizenship orgs in circles went untouched.
  • ITT we want to beat up weak Khandava but the alliance wouldn't let us.

• edited October 2012
    Okay, so. Timeline of events.

1. The Temple bit happens. Khandava and Stavenn are trying to hijack the power for themselves. Eventually, AM and Magick align for 'the greater good' and stomp demonic out of the game for like two weeks because they won't get on our level. This was fun and cool, we had a good time. Nothing wrong here.

2. Kinsarmar flips the switch (regardless of how much people try to ignore it because it makes their RP suuuuper unfun) and releases a horde of demon gods which slay the Pantheon.

3. Near to the end, Vahin, Cass, Asaka and Epiphany get together and say 'hey mortals get it together and protect each other.' Mortals following the respective divinities, as well as the demonic groups, fresh from being inactive agree to this.

4. Gods die. The next morning, not even 12 hours after that, Kinsarmar (or rather Aeordeon behalf of Kinsarmar) declares war on demonic for making the world just an awful place. High ranking Kinsarmarians validate this claim of war.

5. A group of people who were already working together to defend the world from the demonic gods see this and go 'so the guys who released the demons and got all of our gods killed are going to wage war on demonic for ruining the world? Does not add up, let's work together to not deal with them.' This is very much not cool compared to event one. The nerve of people, working together and somehow stopping conflict in a game that has had conflict for nine or more years?

6. Kinsarmar renounces all claims of war, Pellerin steps down, et cetera.

I get that on the OOC level all of us wanted to see an org get roasted. It would've been fun. That desire, at least on my end though, does not supersede my desire to roleplay in a roleplaying game. Kinsarmar screwed the pooch pretty hard in this event and as such the world turned on them. I don't know. Next time, try not to be pissants?

• Pointing the finger at Kinsarmar for opening the gates is kind of silly.

Most orgs other than demonic had people there helping at one point or another - The final gate just happened to be opened with, mostly, Kinsmarians there. Ithaquans and Antiochians were also present, and Celidonians.

As for current feedback: Don't offer a prize for an arbitrarily selected portion of the event that can be easily scripted/poopsocked. I'm referring to the sliver gathering. Champion as fine, as that requires at least some effort and isn't dependent on who can set up the quickest script and has the best map.

Seriously, I've been hunting some of the top people gathering slivers to see if they're blatantly autoing it, and yeah, they are. 
  • Yeah I don't know about that, I mean if they are autoing it, why are they making fun of you on a clan channel each time?  

• Almost all of the people picking up the items are 100% at the keyboard. You'd know this if you weren't trying to
    -Release more demons
    -Keep the gods dead

It's really interesting to see the Demonic/AM tag team undo the damage the Demons/Magick did. And yes, it was totally magicks fault and they should be held accountable. At this point, I want to see how the God Drama turns out. Armies are bleh, but I Nemesis and Vahin need to come back....at the expense of the rest.

• Galt said:
    Pointing the finger at Kinsarmar for opening the gates is kind of silly.

Most orgs other than demonic had people there helping at one point or another - The final gate just happened to be opened with, mostly, Kinsmarians there. Ithaquans and Antiochians were also present, and Celidonians.

As for current feedback: Don't offer a prize for an arbitrarily selected portion of the event that can be easily scripted/poopsocked. I'm referring to the sliver gathering. Champion as fine, as that requires at least some effort and isn't dependent on who can set up the quickest script and has the best map.

Seriously, I've been hunting some of the top people gathering slivers to see if they're blatantly autoing it, and yeah, they are. 
    Disregarding the usual 'magick didn't do, it's not our fault, bathan totally helped before he knew the details because he couldn't speak Hanyou' defense, Aleutia and Lionas have been very much around and active in hunting the corpus' down. I've been speaking with them.

• I didn't say anyone was afk.

I just said offering a prize for an easily scripted part of the event is dumb. Whether or not the people using scripts are at keyboards, they shouldn't get a prize for this part of the event. 

Does make me wonder why you both got defensive about people being afk when I never mentioned that, though. 
  • I really want to punch you in the mouth right now.
  • I don't think anyone got defensive, I think people just like chastising dumb statements made by you.

• For great justice, obviously.
  • And somehow the world ended up against an organization that Galt was basically apart of. I DON'T GET IT.

• Yeah.

Adding prizes to part of the event that's so easily scripted is stupid. The rest of the event was full of long grinds, timesinks and resource drains, yet none of those parts of the event had prizes appended - Yet this small, scriptable part does, for no apparent reason. I'd be fine with it if it didn't have prizes attached, but as it does, they should punish people for using scripts. 

Until you can argue why this part of the event is not, in fact, dumb, shut up. :)
  • Seriously, I've been hunting some of the top people running caravans to see if they're blatantly autoing it, and yeah, they are. 

People are autoing menial boring tasks?  

Tell me more.