Skip to content

Experience loss and a couple other things

12346»

Comments

• Arena xp, I'm not very comfortable with. There's no loss at all. No herbs, sips, toxins, devotion, etc. Arena events are really just for the fun of showing up and getting to cross circle and get your white knight on.

I haven't really noticed any stellar pk increases for team combat. I don't see any harm in tweaking it down a few notches. Aside from that, Ziat did a good job explaining why this is system is awesome.
  • I would rather see too much than none at all PK level only determines health reserves and potentially some overall XP gain. And in the scale of things, its incentivized for people to get involved.  That's good.

For the arena, one thing you might do if its not been done, if you leave the arena make it so you can't rejoin the same event.  That way you won't have people who try and snipe onto stronger teams.
  • edited August 2013
    Ahkan said:
    Arena xp, I'm not very comfortable with. There's no loss at all. No herbs, sips, toxins, devotion, etc. Arena events are really just for the fun of showing up and getting to cross circle and get your white knight on.
    Just to be contrary, I do waste 500 gold every time I want to enter an arena match. That's more money that it would take me to replenish my herbs, since I do my own harvesting and concoctions. :(
  • Something about buying experience to level.

I felt this was obvious and not worthy of mention.
  • Ahkan said:
    Something about buying experience to level.

No xp loss means you can buy experience without bothering with the arena. Kalon is pointing out(I'm assuming) that it is, in fact, more expensive and slower to do it through the arena.
  • No one is forcing anyone to pay the 500 gold either.
  • Dicene said:
    Ahkan said:
    Something about buying experience to level.

No xp loss means you can buy experience without bothering with the arena. Kalon is pointing out(I'm assuming) that it is, in fact, more expensive and slower to do it through the arena.
    I'm pretty sure Kalon is arguing against Ahkan's point that there's no loss involved in arena pvp for 100% gain.   Ahkan is talking about how there is a secondary cost associated with PVE, in that you need materials etc.  That secondary cost doesn't exist in the arena beyond 500 gold per go (assuming you're doing it at aspect and assuming the arena is configured to 5g/level, which I believe in the case of city arenas is changeable.)
  • edited August 2013
    Remove PK experience from the arena completely. The last few days have seen teamffa after teamffa and the amount of experience being gained is incredible. As much as I love the arena, it has its own set of achievements and so on, it doesn't need to have have the added draw of gaining experience, especially not from events like teamffa that are more often then not really one sided. In short, keep the new ring-shared PK experience and remove all experience gain from arena fights.

• edited August 2013
    PK experience doesn't matter, why are you all buying in to this backwards logic that now that it is easier to obtain, it somehow matters and there is some sort of honor in gaining high PK levels? We all know who the nobodies and somebodies are, you don't need varying numbers to demonstrate it.

Aspect doesn't mean anything, there is no prestige. Why are you trying to cut off a new way to gain experience? Especially when that way encourages ranked arena duels and arena events?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited August 2013
    Leave arena xp only for ranked duels.

TeamFFA is such a terrible roulette.
  • Sarrius said:
    PK experience doesn't matter, why are you all buying in to this backwards logic that now that it is easier to obtain, it somehow matters and there is some sort of honor in gaining high PK levels? We all know who the nobodies and somebodies are, you don't need varying numbers to demonstrate it.

Aspect doesn't mean anything, there is no prestige. Why are you trying to cut off a new way to gain experience? Especially when that way encourages ranked arena duels and arena events?
    In fact, I would go so far as to say upping pk level is an important grind for combat readiness, since it manages health reserves. This makes the fact that it is now easier to obtain without griefing non-com bashers for a few months a very good thing.
  • Since this has been running around in the wild for awhile, can we reopen discussion surrounding death?

First. I like the no xp loss mechanic. So many new people are involved in combat and it's been really cool to watch.

Second, it's sort of dumb. There's no 'down time' between fights. It's going to sound like I'm trashing AM, but it's really aimed at whoever controls the Aryana Obelisk. I'm pretty sure Magick can empathize with this scenario.

Fight AM. Win.
    20s later. AM is back, maybe with more people.
    Fight AM. Win, take losses.
    20s later. AM is back, maybe with more people. Your people are still dead.
    Fight AM. Take heavy losses, win.
    20s later. AM is back, you're short handed. You lose.
    You now have to play attacker while outnumbered.
    You attack. By the grace of god, you call good targets. You're sort of winning.
    A MOUNTED RIDER APPEARS ON THE HORIZON LOLOLOL.
    You lose.

Now given, AM has the numbers to really be 'the zerg', but anyone who has Aryana has this ability. Can we get an increasing graced timer for people recently returning from combat? I suggest this because it's independent of the bad obelisk of game shifting derp. Nothing's worse than winning 4 shard fall/monolith fights only to lose 5 and 6.

• We are working on some new changes in this direction that will be coming out soon.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Jeremy said:
    We are working on some new changes in this direction that will be coming out soon.

If the Aryana Obelisk is to be destroyed, can Iniar eat it?

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • To Septus, death is but a mere triviality. He is a one man army, a legion of he and he alone. He never stops coming and woe to those that stand in his way.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2013
    Kryss said:
    To Septus, death is but a mere triviality. He is a one man army, a legion of he and he alone. He never stops coming and woe to those that stand in his way.

' And he answered, saying, "My name is Legion: for we are many" ' -> see, you belong in Demonic.

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Iniar said:
    Kryss said:
    To Septus, death is but a mere triviality. He is a one man army, a legion of he and he alone. He never stops coming and woe to those that stand in his way.

' And he answered, saying, "My name is Legion: for we are many" ' -> see, you belong in Demonic.

EverytimeI read this, all I hear is EDI saying it on the Normandy.