Skip to content

Hunter help

I recently attained aspect via mage/hunter class I currently play, and I was wondering how viable hunter pvp is as of this year, and preferred methods/routes that leads to affliction stacked damage, or secure blood poison stacks to rupture properly?

Comments

• Hunter's very viable. Probably one of the better affliction classes, out of the box. Should even get a bit better after classleads, specifically NatureAura being baked in to the class so you can use a different one instead.

You want to be looking at Brainmelt, primarily. Bloodpoison is definitely possible, but Brainmelt is a bit of a path of least resistance. You're looking for sensitivity being present on the target before casting it. More later, but this should help a little.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Yeah, that was an idea I had about brainmelt-that it sounds like sensitivity is a key necessity, maybe recklessness too?
  • I forgot to ask, what are preferred toxins to buy?
  • The only downside about Hunter is that circle determines what you shapeshift into.

If it wasn't for AM having Naga, I'd flex into that profession.
  • What you got against Nagas, huh? :angry:
  • Zyv said:
    What you got against Nagas, huh? :angry:
    Almost as much as I have against monkeys.
  • Rokas said:
    Zyv said:
    What you got against Nagas, huh? :angry:
    Almost as much as I have against monkeys.
    And yet you live in a tree village/city.

Monkey boy.
  • Lodoss said:
    I forgot to ask, what are preferred toxins to buy?
    Standard toxins for pushing stacks (kelp affs, hemotoxin, ciguatoxin, etc)/holding people at bay.. the great thing about Hunter is it has a shocking depth of afflictions. You get every toxin affliction due to claw, plus the diverse table of Supremacy that is really only rivaled by Hypnosis. One of my biggest suggestions would be to pack Hemotoxin, Ciguatoxin, and basically any toxin that delivers an affliction with overlap on the Supremacy list - so aconite, atropine, etc. After that, if you feel comfortable, consider building separate queues to deal with separate classes. Example:

vs. a dangerous mental damage-based class? You want to push a list of afflictions that might help you bury the avidya toxin, which provides ignorance affliction - a 33% cut in their mental/INT-based damage output.

vs. a dangerous phys class? You want to push weariness - same thing, but vs. STR. You also have the option of clumsiness in this lineup, if you need even more mitigation.

vs. dangerous agile? Push psilocybin, which is ineptitude, which is as above for DEX-sourced classes (Engineer, Diabolist..)

You can go for locks as Hunter, but it is easier to just push a bunch of afflictions at once and go for the brainmelt instead of being cute. The class is built not to go for locks, but to manipulate your opponent's curing in odd ways to make headway. People that do not respond appropriate to supremacy triggers often find themselves losing to Hunters. Recently retired Astris actually started off as a Hunter and he was killing some of the highest investment players present at the time with almost nothing to his name. He followed the above advice and took to it from there.

The biggest hurdle is ensuring sensitivity remains during the brainmelt; a mental aff, for Brainmelt calculations, is about 20% of maxHP in psychic damage, before resists last I checked. Something to chew on.

<div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>