Skip to content

It's not all cuddles for the citizens of Celidon

Rei gives the corpse of a small human baby to you.

Rei gives the corpse of a small human baby to you.

You give a horrified gasp.

Clutching her blanket, the bloodied corpse of a small baby is lying here.
<b>It weighs about 21 pounds. <-- lol</b>
You see nothing in it.

Rei shuffles her feet uneasily.

You say, "Why."

Rei Lorianis, the Equinox says, "I wasn't my fault."

Above a canopy of trees.
A spectacular view awaits one here, above the canopy of the oak trees. Beyond the immediate enclosed
area there is no safeguard against falling to the ground far, far below. A vine rope closes off a 
square portion, another is positioned around the hole leading to the entryway below. Two chairs have 
been placed about the hole, one has been positioned to look out over the canopy and towards Stavenn; 
in the other, one can see the river, leading to the mountains beyond. Looking out over the canopy, 
Igbert marks down something on a map in his left hand. Its lips pulled back in a snarl, a spectral 
barghest paces in the nearby shadows. Rei stands here wreathed in scintillating flames reminiscent 
of a rising phoenix. She wields a truesilver broadsword in her left hand and a wyvern-shaped shield 
in her right.
You see a single exit leading down.

Rei Lorianis, the Equinox says, "Igbert wanted food."

You pace impatiently back and forth.

Rei Lorianis, the Equinox says, "But not that food, apparently."

You say, "He eats babies?"

Rei gives Igbert the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

Rei Lorianis, the Equinox says, "Well no. That's the problem."

You say, "We will give these babies a proper burial."

Rei looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Stars fill the firmament, illuminating the evening sky with a pale light.

Rei Lorianis, the Equinox says, "How?"

Wiping away a tear, Wyll holds the deceased babies close to his chest, shielding
their cold bodies away from the elements as he looks away from Rei, unable to look her in the eyes. 
"I will find a place." He says, his voice shaky.

Rei eyes you suspiciously. "Well then. Do I HAVE to participate or can you take care of it in your
own?"

Wyll finally turns, glancing at Rei from the corner of his eyes. "I think you've
done enough." With that, he makes his exit.

A secluded corner of an overgrown orchard.
The softly sighing wind rustles the leaves of the overhanging trees beneath the distant sound of
running water. The scent of apples and apple blossoms fills the air with a sweetness that can almost 
be tasted, while the lush carpet of green and brown cushions the tread with softness. This abandoned 
orchard exudes peace with each new breath of wind. <b>Several large white oak trees form a peaceful 
grove. <-- sorry to the grove owner, now you have ghost babies</b>
You see exits leading northeast and northwest.

Wyll carefully wraps each baby in their blankets and places their cold, lifeless
body on the ground before he begins to dig small graves. He digs two side by side so that the babies 
will have each other in their final resting places. As he stands up from the digging, he walks over 
to the river and washes his dirty, dirt-caked paws and then returns to the babies. He carries each 
one carefully, sniffling as he places them into their graves. He bows his head, eyes closing as 
tears stream down his cheek and muzzle. Finally, he buries them, making sure the area looks 
undisturbed so that they can rest peacefully. <span>"I will bring you flowers, little ones. Rest in peace.
"</span>

You say, "Oh crap."
You say, "My bottle is empty."
Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.

Comments

• My character still visits the babies resting place and leaves flowers.

Wyll carefully lays down an arm-full of flowers.

A secluded corner of an overgrown orchard. 
    The softly sighing wind rustles the leaves of the overhanging trees beneath the distant sound of
    running water. The scent of apples and apple blossoms fills the air with a sweetness that can almost 
    be tasted, while the lush carpet of green and brown cushions the tread with softness. This abandoned 
    orchard exudes peace with each new breath of wind. A delicate white marshmallow bloom rests here. An 
    exotic tiger lily lies here. Giving off a crisp fresh scent, a spike of lavender lies here. Sweet 
    perfume surrounds this white gardenia that lies here forgotten. A bright sunflower has been left 
    here. A cluster of orange snapdragons is here. A colorful grouping of wildflowers lies strewn here, 
    creating a bright spot of color on the ground. A bell shaped columbine decorates the ground in a 
    splash of blue and white.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.