Skip to content

Updating Help Files

edited January 2013 in New Ideas
This discussion was created from comments split from: Improving Imperian.

Please indicate in this thread what help files are outdated and what new information should be reflected in those help files.

Comments

• Update the artifact files to reflect new items for updated professions.  Ie. Outrider, Druid, and Hunter.
  • There are a -ton- of things that have been added over the years that are not reflected anywhere but announce posts and changelog messages.
  • edited January 2013
    Can we count ABs as helpfiles? Either way, I don't think the fact that totems can only be implanted in demonic/magick affinity areas is documented anywhere besides super old changelog/announce posts, as mentioned by Juran,

• Off the top of my head, "ii titled <thing>" could stand to be listed somewhere. Also, it should be something more sensible. "searchinv <thing>", maybe.

A proper list, though, will have to read YEARS worth of announce posts and changelog messages and check them against the AB/help files to see if everything is current. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I see no issue with including ability help to this thread.

Try to reference exact changelog/announce entries to the respective help files. It'll be helpful in order to speed up the update, otherwise, each help file will be time consuming and require a lot of research.
  • edited January 2013
    The standard procedure has been to TYPO or BUG anything missing, so I'd start by going through those categories. I know I have a ton pending.

EDIT: And for people bugging them, for ease of sorting make sure you put a header in the bug report. Something like
    bug HELP: DEFENSIVE ARTIFACTS: Item xyz isn't listed anywhere, halp!

EDIT2: I'm not saying not to post things here, though!

EDIT3: In addition to "ii titled", there is a corresponding "ih titled" that is also a string search of the appearance.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created