This is a tentative list of changes that will be made to the shard and shardfall system as soon as the ToC is over. It is about 90% coded. We have a few other ideas we are batting around currently, specifically things that orgs can spend generators on.
One of the main problems is the massive surplus of shards players have. There is little need to get new shards, which is the purpose of the system. Originally shards were groupable and riftable for convenience. This has added to the problem of thousands of unused shards in the game.
We are also adding several new features to the shard system. This includes two new rare shard types and six new shard fall items. All of these items will come with some effects.
Feel free to post comments, questions, and suggestions.
- Shards will no longer be riftable.
- Shards will decay over a 7 days period.
- Harvested shards will be unstable for 15 minutes and will fall from your inventory if killed in that time.
- Existing shards in rifts will start to decay.
- Creation of some shard pouches that will allow players to maintain a few (5-20) shards that will not decay.
- All shard skills will have a shard cost activate. This includes passive ones that have been automatically active in the past.
- Players will be able to put shards into generators before they decay, so they cannot be completely useless if they go unused.
- At a generator shard cost cities will have access to a instanced bashing area for one game year.
- Cities can do an org request to create a custom version of this instance.
- Unlike other instances, this one will allow up to 5 people to enter it via a player created portal.
- Two new shard types will be created, Green and Yellow.
- Both types are very rare and a max amount can exist in the game at a time.
- They cannot be stored in shard pouches.
- The yellow shard can be used to cause massive faith damage to a shrine.
- Green shards can be used on a player to take them into a 1v1, instanced combat arena.
- Players are still required to have a RP reason to be killing the character.
- The instance arena is not a normal arena, so you will still have starburst and other revive mechanisms in place while fighting in it.
- Once one player has been sent to Charon, will the arena close out. There is a 15 minute time limit.
New Shardfall Items
- Six new unique items can be discovered in shardfalls. See the list below.
- Only one of each item can exist.
- The items will be harvested in the same ways shards are.
- Each item is tied to an obelisk theme and has a themeatic power.
- Item is always dropped on death and logout.
- The item will decay if not held by a player for 20 minutes.
- Each item has a unique power for the player holding it.
An emerald cluster (nature):
- Gain the protection of nature with a +20% to all resists in non-urban environments.
A prismatic geode (true sight):
- Ability to see the locations and owners of all the special shardfall items.
A slab of copper (efficiency):
- 10% faster balance and equilibrium regain.
A piece of enigmatic shale (aryana):
A fractured macadam (moradeim):
- Set your health and mana to a random percentage value (1-100). This can either help you or hurt you.
A bloody-red cabochon (sukhder):
- Ability to destroy all walls at no balance cost.