Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Why not just request passage and then set it at whatever location outside?
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania

Gurn said:
    Why not just request passage and then set it at whatever location outside?

It's more for convenience sake of doing it while I wait, especially if my body is taken.
  • If so, I'm also going to request pet summoning... and that the pets come with you for the ferry ride.
    edited November 2013
    Ambrose said:

If so, I'm also going to request pet summoning... and that the pets come with you for the ferry ride.

I can with sketches, my horse, kestrel, and songbird. One would assume you should be able to like wise.
  • :( Summon pets is considered an aggressive action, can't be done from behind grace or in the death room.
  • Being able to summon pets to the raft makes sense. Sometimes courage/flee don't do their jobs and you need to call the pet back before it dies.

Not so convinced on combat defs on/at the raft. To preempt Mathiaus', no one should be able to redef on/at the raft. We don't need to streamline the death process, there should be a period where you have to wait for your friends and make the decision of "Can I last long enough or do I need to wait."
    Yet I can activate runes, apply general defenses, call kestrel and mount, all on the raft. If what you're saying follows that logic, runes shouldn't be activated. Not entirely sure what else is and is not allowed on the raft.
  • Can Garryn Bot use QUENCH SKIN to cure burning instead of mending? (Another option just like PURGE and FOCUS).

Also, can Garryn Bot use purge/focus/tree before it uses eat/apply/smoke? It matters for stacking purposes, because sometimes eat/apply/smoke will cure something that was curable by purge/focus/tree and the affliction that was left uncured was one that purge/focus/tree can't cover...so you end up waiting longer before you are cured than is necessary. In addition, it's best to start the longest running timers first.
  • Burning long timers last is better in most situations. In fact, AFAIK, most top-tier fighters disable auto purge and auto tree and only use them when they're hit with something they are prioritizing.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2013
    Why would you activate runes while dead? As often as some people die you're losing 1/4-1//2 of your rune time chilling with Charon.

The reason why I'm opposed to being able to 'def up' on the raft is that you're only down from 10-30s. You don't lose too many defs while fighting (*ahem* cleansing excluded) so you're really only looking at an additional 12-30s to get combat ready again. A 1 minute cooldown is pretty solid and fair for the way Imperian combat works these days.

It's also a huge improvement of old charon when I would die in a monolith fight and wait for charon, ride the boat and come off the boat just in time for the monolith capture to finish.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    You can renounce grace in Charon's room (unless they changed it)
  • Azefel said:
    You can renounce grace in Charon's room (unless they changed it)
    You can, but Charon's room is a no-hostile actions place. Summoning pets is considered an aggressive action. (but not the wyrm for whatever reason I haven't been able to figure out)
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Probably because summoning pets wouldn't suck enough without that constraint
  • Let's be honest. Some people would try to use pets and enemy lists to pk at Charon
  • You can do that? I thought the only way to make the pets aggro was to either hit them or have the owner order them aggro?
  • IIRC, Bard songs go away as soon as the bard who cast them dies, so Bards always have to do a basically complete redef every time they die. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• A few classes have that problem, it's not game changing/breaking or a problem unique to woe-is-bard.
  • edited November 2013
    Gonna bring this up again because it's become a problem for me again. We need a revamp to the statpack system.

I want to learn Runeguard. I'm currently Int Mage, but I also know Hunter. If I go Runeguard($200), I also have to get a dagger($30). This dagger will let me go Athletic or Fast, and allow me to use both Hunter and Runeguard, but will effectively lock me from using Mage($200) apart from during a 12 hour window every 1.5 days. The solution? Get a Gem($330) so you can switch between Mage and Hunter/Runeguard once every 24 hours, which is also just really bad.

You can change professions as often as you want. AM can take full advantage of this and use any of their classes without dealing with statpack problems. They're getting full use of their $200 class purchases. Magick and Demonic can't do this with most of their classes.

Think how much better the following system would work:

- Baasche is tired of Athletic Hunter
    - Baasche drops $200 and learns Mage, then drops another $50(let's say 150C) for combat book arti and learns Intelligent Statpack.
    - Baasche can now switch between professions at will, the same way he could if he had purchased a physical class.
    - Baasche decides he wants to be able to go Wise for more 1v1 viability with Mage, he drops another $50 for Wise and can go Int for Shardfalls and Wise for 1v1.
    - Baasche decides he wants Runeguard. He still has Athletic, so he doesn't have to purchase another book.

This allows me to pay slightly more, but get a hell of a lot more use out of my classes. As it is, I can't really use Hunter anymore, and if I end up getting Runeguard, I'll be unable to go back and use Mage. That sucks pretty bad, and I can think of no way that people being able to switch statpacks at will would have any kind of effect besides a positive one. Plus, you get more money out of people unwilling to buy a Gem. You can keep the Gem around and instead let you use it to change to any statpack and race as often as you want(with some channel time to prevent weird abuse in combat).

Also, Admin people, you'd make more money like this. The people that weren't going to buy a gem before(myself included) will be more willing to buy new professions and combat book things(could leave them as daggers if you really want) than they would have been before. And, you could even continue selling daggers as a cheaper alternative to the 150 or 200C book for people that don't want to keep their old statpack, or that need to change their race for whatever reason. The gem remains for people that are able to throw down 1000C at once, and with books priced around 150C, the gem ends up being like a discount for buying all the statpacks at once(and lets you change race for RP or whatnot).
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited November 2013
    city/guild gymnasium, allows TRAINing into athletic/strong/powerful/dexterous/fast/sturdy, library to STUDY into intelligent/wise/capable/clever, afk spot (west from Stavenn gates, Shuk, KC, Monarch Square/Redwood Path) to AFK into normal/astute.

• Let's say I have three things:

1. A non-existant vial of aconite
    2. A vialbelt that contains aconite
    3. An empty vial

Okay, so that's really 2 things I have and one thing I explicitly don't have. Whatever.

As it is now, trying to use aconite will just tell me that I don't have any of it. Would it be possible for it to automatically tap aconite into the empty vial and use that?

It's irritating to have to go through and tap everything  just to make sure I'm not going to be missing something important in a fight because of vial decay or the like.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

Let's say I have three things:

3. An empty vial

Okay, so that's really 2 things I have and one thing I explicitly don't have. Whatever.

As it is now, trying to use aconite will just tell me that I don't have any of it. Would it be possible for it to automatically tap aconite into the empty vial and use that?

It's irritating to have to go through and tap everything  just to make sure I'm not going to be missing something important in a fight because of vial decay or the like.

As I am about to lose something like 15-30 vials in the next week, I can't agree with this enough.
  • Ambrose said:
    Khizan said:

Let's say I have three things:

3. An empty vial

As I am about to lose something like 15-30 vials in the next week, I can't agree with this enough.
    Before vialbelts, 15-30 would be an average every week. I remember carting around 300 health vials just for hunting. Plus 10+ of each kind of curative, with further hundreds of density.
  • edited November 2013
    Maybe what would help is an ability in woodcrafting like Preservation that lets you Apply some sort of paste to extend the life on vials would help? Um,

AB Woodcrafting Preservation
    Requires: 3 <commodity> (Like glass or or something relative)

Extend the life of the things you spent time creating. (Needs a better example but eheh)

CRAFT PRESERVATIVE
    COAT <vial> with PRESERVATIVE
    --
    It could probably be worked in somewhere in crafting I'm sure. But I'm just a nub so maybe it would imbalance something....
    Edit: Also it should probably only be applicable once so that the market on them is not depleted or becomes useless.
    (Only if we keep voting!)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I found artifact items generally solved my decay issues. :D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Since you only need one vial per elixir/salve/toxin it's not such a big deal anymore. There are what, a total of 12 curative things to keep in vials? Now even if you opt for some ultra fancy vials that's still only maybe 3000 gold at 250 per vial. And there are plenty of vials that are much cheaper. Vial decay was certainly a bigger deal in the age of carrying around a zillion vials.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Kryss said:

Since you only need one vial per elixir/salve/toxin it's not such a big deal anymore. There are what, a total of 12 curative things to keep in vials? Now even if you opt for some ultra fancy vials that's still only maybe 3000 gold at 250 per vial. And there are plenty of vials that are much cheaper. Vial decay was certainly a bigger deal in the age of carrying around a zillion vials.

Toxins, Kryss, toxins. :p
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    the way toxins work make them basically free anyway, just drop all the vials and tap new ones
  • My complaint isn't the cost of vials - that's pocket change. Mostly I'm just agreeing with Khizan - keeping track of what you've tapped and what you haven't is a pain. Especially in the case of toxins...
  • I went around flickdancing for a week without luminal because of the situation Khizan describes. Can we get this function please?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    meanwhile,

#forall {aconite|arsenic|aspartame|atropine|avidya|benzedrine|benzene|botulinum|bromine|butisol|calotropis|chloroform|ciguatoxin|cyanide|digitalis|ether|formaldehyde|hemotoxin|iodine|ketamine|lindane|luminal|mazanor|mebaral|mercury|metrazol|noctec|opium|oxalis|psilocybin|strychnine|veratrum|vitriol|xeroderma} {drop %i;vialbelt tap empty %i}