Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Never copy the answers from the kid on acid. 

• I would not mind weapon-wielding Monks, but yeah, wounding oriented cheese strat monks were both awesome and infuriating.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Can various AB files be updated to actually be useful? Example being like AB TAEKATE DRAGON and also so things like the KANAI TARGET bug that has existed since its creation (hopefully) wouldn't last that long.
  • Iniar said:
    Can we kindly change this:
    Septus balls up one fist and hammerfists you.
    He connects to the left leg!
    Damage Taken: 23 blunt, physical (raw damage: 37)
    Your left leg trembles slightly under the blow.
    To:
    Septus balls up one fist and hammerfists you, connecting to your left leg!
    Please?
    This has been on my list for a while now. For other reasons (spammy to newbies), but yeah it will happen soon.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    at the very least, make the tremble/bruises/broken message show AFTER the "___ connect(s) to the ___ ___!" line
  • AmbroseAmbrose Texas
    edited October 2013
    Toxicology labs - is there any reason why we can't just make it to where you automatically fill whatever you are filling up to the maximum instead of going one at a time. Filling vialbelts is a royal pain.... and I bought a mostly full one, only had to add the Outrider unique toxins. I feel for the man (Shou) who spent years of his life doing the others.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    vae-sant, warchant, pipet, go :(
  • I'm sure this has been said and shot down by now but I really want a class based around the engineering items we now have, mainly the flintlocks and bombs. And with all the stuff we have lately its not too much of a stretch to easily make flintlock revolvers or rifles basically. Not to mention bayonets and about a million other things I would love to discuss.
    Never give up, never surrender, and if you have to die, take some of them with you.
  • A gunslinger class would not improve Imperian. Our technological tone is generally set and junkyard robots, mass produced and reliable explosives, and easily reloaded firearms are just slightly above of that besides with the help of shards (which are a foreign energy).

Not to mention how furious most of us would be, you know, if we didn't fix or remake other classes before making new ones (see: Bard, Knights, etc).
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited October 2013
    Who cares. Engineering doesn't even fit Imperian. Consistency and 'fit' haven't really been factored into design or implementation.

Based on Imperian's history if you want to change the world you should be: 
    A demon
    An orc
    An undead
    A pulverized horse

Shards don't even fit Imperian. Moon shards, established roleplay and storyline. OMG, Aetolia has aliens, moons are in space, moon shards may be in space too. Moon space shards could be alien Nyrarhg. Make it a volcano. 

Take flintlock.
    Put flintlock in mouth.
    Fire.

I am now a gunslinger. (P.S. Defiler is so awkwardly designed, you're better off roleplaying a gunslinger in pk)

Edit: Actually, gunslingers would make sense if you forced two braincells into a cage fight.
    "I get my power from the gods."
    A DEMON (see: world changer) kills the gods.
    "I worship a pokemon who wants to collect them all like stars" <-- Lame

I want my godly power back. I want to be a war machine robot. <-- Cool
    My godly power is gone. My faith is gone. I took to whisky and shootiing female dogs. <-- Cooler
  • Well I know not everyone would want to see a class based around it but I'll leave it up to the admins to make that decision. Still here's hoping for just a little more awesomeness.
    Never give up, never surrender, and if you have to die, take some of them with you.
  • "More city powers are going to be added, fear not."

Could we add city ranks to the list of positions that can be polled to have more/fewer powers?

• Make it so that passive drains and passive regens are wrapped up into the same tick - ie, deadaim's mana drain count against a moon tattoos regen so that you get a clean regen message instead of -1 and +10.
  • I can't recall, but I am pretty sure there is a reason they are not on the same tick.  Eitherway Im not sure you would want it that way,

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    it'd solve the issue of wasting 45 minutes watching some idiot trying to accept a spar :D

in any case, asked for many times, still not that way  for whatever reason.
  • edited November 2013

2013/11/10 00:03:37 - Brishi slew Braylith, a Mage of Kinsarmar that was loyal to you.
    2013/11/10 00:05:25 - Annalyn was incitizened in the introduction.
    2013/11/10 00:07:41 - Brishi slew a retired Lorekeeper Knight that was loyal to you.
    2013/11/10 00:14:06 - Brishi slew Braylith, a Mage of Kinsarmar that was loyal to you.
    2013/11/10 00:33:53 - Annalyn quit the city.
    2013/11/10 00:52:24 - Brishi slew Braylith, a Mage of Kinsarmar that was loyal to you.
    2013/11/10 01:02:54 - Brishi slew Braylith, a Mage of Kinsarmar that was loyal to you.
    2013/11/10 01:08:43 - Brishi slew a retired Lorekeeper Knight that was loyal to you.
    2013/11/10 01:15:14 - Brishi slew Braylith, a Mage of Kinsarmar that was loyal to you.
    2013/11/10 01:25:29 - Brishi slew Braylith, a Mage of Kinsarmar that was loyal to you.

Can we get these 'loyal' mobs removed from logs?  I know it's been discussed before and for whatever reason this was deemed a good idea. 

These mobs, Braylith, Lothesh, Sevienn, and random mobs which are not actual guard that would cost the city money have 0 use calling for help over CT or on the logs.

The calls for help on CT I can understand because it just feeds the PK machine somtimes, but the logs are utterly pointless.  As you can see what dedicated farming did in just about an hour and a half, now imagine 24 hours.

In short, let them call for help and make their pathetic 'Ahhhhhhh they got me' speeches on CT so that there is still something for people like the Brishi and Kryss' of the world to do, but stop them from spamming the readlogs, it's supremely annoying and pointless.

• Every entry in the log is a valid reason to place a bounty. That's one bounty PER MOB KILLED, as long as the bounty is placed within 3 RL days of the log entry. I'd rather they stay in the log than scream on CT.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • edited November 2013

So basically the 1.5 hour log I posted provides me with 8 bounties, maybe I get to use 2-3 of them in the 3 RL days.

I suppose this would be entirely dependant on the person attacking the loyal as well. 

Point still stands excessive log spam is excessive.

• If nothing else, put it in a separate log. Maybe in millog, I forget what else that is used for.

• Caelya said:
    If nothing else, put it in a separate log. Maybe in millog, I forget what else that is used for.
    Currently millog is used for shard research (start and end), and obelisk attacks (start and end, both offensive and defensive). Nothing else is placed in millog.

It used to also include shards, but they were moved to shardlog a couple of days after they were introduced to reduce the spam in millog.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I actually ordered that Kryss be permanently bountied for a while because she just killed Sevienn over and over. It actually kept her busy.
  • Being permanently bountied is like the best thing that ever happened.

• Kryss said:
    Being permanently bountied is like the best thing that ever happened.
    Yeah, I honestly thought you'd get amusement out of it enough that you'd stop bothering the city with the log spam. It worked when I actively enforced it.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, throw the meth addicts free meth. 
  • Ahkan said:
    Yeah, throw the meth addicts free meth. 
    I'd rather they partake in said meth a mile away from my house instead of on my actual doorstep. I'm OK with Kryss farming the idiots who chase after the bounty - there is no end to them, and they provide something of a distraction that doesn't involve spamming my city logs quite as much.
  • I don't mean to create a character here and complain right off the bat, but the newbie intro (if it can be called an intro) needs some serious work. If I didn't have any past IRE experience, as an Achaea refugee, I'd be completely lost. 

As soon as I pick race, class, and agree to the terms of service, I was thrown into the game with only this: [AREA HINT] You have entered Lorka'ig, a camp of goblins that are invading the once-peaceful farming village of Transk. Teach the stupid goblins a lesson and show them that the mortal races of Aetherius will not tolerate their pillaging and rampaging.

There was nothing else. No prompts explaining movement or anything. Are you looking to deal with real mud newbies here or alts? There's just nothing here explaining anything to newbies. 
  • Sorry, Dayne! We had some technical difficulties with the newbie intro that was preventing it from starting. I just finished uploading a fix to that, so if you want to recreate your character, you should start right up into the intro.
  • That seems to have done it. Thanks! I thought the intro was like that by design, not by bug, heh. 
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania

Could we allow defensive songs to be placed within Charon's room please?