Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Ziat said:
    Can we have quickdraw draw weapons even if we don't have both items in inventory?
    Ya, I wouldn't mind if QUICKDRAW with no options would just stow your wielded stuff.
  • The ability to appoint people to positions without them being online in guild and/or city or council.
  • The ability to properly shut down/remove market stalls in a city would be nice.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited August 2013
    Lemuel just reminded me of this.

It may be more beneficial towards new players if we didn't design the game to drown them. Can we just delete fluid swim and put it in the swimming skill so that they can swim/move through water without choking/dying. Newbies are really the only players who have issues with this.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited August 2013
    Since we're endorsing more pk and slowly plucking away at "resource" mechanics, can we get a quick fix for necromancy? We use a stupid amount of essence whenever we troll into combat.

1) Animation (20) (don't say you don't need it. We do.)

2) Our skills drain essence as we use them: (Deathaura, Putrefaction)

3)  We also have cost on use (most everything else)

4) Malignist get an extra helping of stupid called soulpact. For 25% current essence you get to make your ouroboros into a seraph! /derp

I'd even extend this to devotioners, but I'm not sure they blow through it like we do.

Also, can we get a resource cost on basilisk resurrect, like pronto? 
    Wtych needs gold ink
    Devotion needs devotion
    Necromancy needs essence
    Basilisk needs air.
  • edited August 2013
    Also soulsense, because there's no reason our reduced version of track  scoutshould have a limited resource drain when the full one doesn't.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited August 2013
    Psure Putrefaction just has a cost to def each time you def it, not a constant drain.

Not that I'm disagreeing in any way that necromancers get shafted hard as far as resource management goes.
  • Menoch said:
    Psure Putrefaction just has a cost to def each time you def it, not a constant drain.
    This is correct.
  • Definitely agree with getting rid of fluid swim and dropping it in swim. Even though it's not much of a problem swimming so fast you drown, I've had lowbies following me without fluidswim while I was waterwalking and seeing them die randomly from the 60+/second asphyx damage is annoying for everyone.
  • Scout used to have a huge willpower drain. Obviously that changed when they removed willpower and they never went down the list of 'like' skills to correct them as well. (The same with basilisk resurrect. But it obviously needs to be changed at this point.) I used to run out of willpower during a shardfall battle that lasted more then two rounds. And that was without resurrecting, as Khizan can tell you, I was bad at it.

Not saying it shouldn't be changed, because it should. Just stating that it wasn't created without a cost at all, it was likely just lost in the shuffle. (Also devotion use can suck. I assume the others are the same.)
  • IniarIniar Australia

Aulani said:
    Not saying it shouldn't be changed, because it should. Just stating that it wasn't created without a cost at all, it was likely just lost in the shuffle.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    The only thing in devotion that doesn't use much devotion, is the (second behind cleansing?) most annoying thing, hands.
  • Rather than having just nothing come up when you try and input commands for a concussion, have some sort of feedback. Even experienced players who aren't paying attention can sometimes get confused, and newbies can flat out quit the game because nothing ever works anymore and they can't even ask for help on a channel.

• Gurn said:
    Rather than having just nothing come up when you try and input commands for a concussion, have some sort of feedback. Even experienced players who aren't paying attention can sometimes get confused, and newbies can flat out quit the game because nothing ever works anymore and they can't even ask for help on a channel.

The trouble is that the mechanic is actually repeatedly giving you amnesia (which does show the "you are afflicted with amnesia" line). So what you really want is something when amnesia eats a command.
  • Allow shard abilities to work based on being a member of any circle aligned organization. City, Guild or Sect. My guild has just been gutted because the city we are aligned with is filled with a ridiculous amount of drama. I know several would not have left if they could have been city-less and remained effective.
  • Can we take away the requirement that someone know Mount in Taming before they waterwalk on a Mount that knows Swim?  can go a long way towards transing guildskills for novices.

I'd also like to see Quickmount earlier in Taming. It's Fabled 10%(962L), so that means I'd spend more than a mini-skill just to learn something that is largely QoL.
  • I'm quite more interested on allowing all skills while mounted, since the Mount change basically requires you are mounted most of the time.
  • Earlier quickmount would alleviate that issue a little, but a more serious change like that would be great. I'm curious, what skills are YOU unable to use mounted? Leap, evade, and weaving are the only skills I've been had to dismount for, and those cases didn't really bother me that much.
  • I would rather make skills usable while mounted, instead of having to add mount/actions.

I don't have an exhaustive list right now. I think you can't lay traps mounted either. Certainly can't do draw heart mounted.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Can't sacrifice while mounted, craft, or othrr things that slip my mind right now.
  • I want to quickmount then evade and feel like Zorro!
  • I'd like to see something done with the defunct guildhalls. Pretty much every organization has at least one by this point. 
  • Aulani said:
    Allow shard abilities to work based on being a member of any circle aligned organization. City, Guild or Sect. My guild has just been gutted because the city we are aligned with is filled with a ridiculous amount of drama. I know several would not have left if they could have been city-less and remained effective.

Kinsarmar needs one of those "Has gone x amount of days without any drama" signs

It would probably stay at 0 days at this rate though

• Actually. Scratch the whole do-everything-while-mounted thing. Let's just roll out some kind of shard-related skill(or engineering item) that makes it simple and universal.

Blue Shard->Waterwalking for x hours(or until you log off)
    and/or
    Red Shard-> Used to craft some sort of engineering device that allows you to walk on water when worn

I can literally think of no reason why one of the above solutions wouldn't be easier, and more enjoyable mechanically than large mount revamping. I think skills like that are literally the reason that we have shard skills.
  • Simple and universal waterwalking?

Sect Rituals: Mobility

These rituals are available to all sects. You still need to spend ritual points to get access to them, however.

Altartravel
    - Allows to travel to the altar after a short delay, then get moved back to the original location after 15 seconds
    - Costs 15% faith

Waterwalking
    - Allows to walk on water, lasts until logout
    - Costs 20% faith

Done.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• While I like the waterwalking ritual, having connection issues lately means it is impractical. Having to use it 2-3 times an hour would kind of suck. Perhaps if there was a bit of a window when you disconnect to when your defenses are actually stripped, so if you say, logged back in within 1-2 minutes and still had it. I have no idea if this is actually doable at all from a coding stand point.
  • A fix would be making waterwalking just last until the month rolls over. I don't think there'd be any huge issue with that.
  • Not quite simple or universal for a lot of people.

1.) A lot of people aren't in cults/sects and don't want to be forced to join them just to get access to such a basic skill.

2.) At Aspect(unless you drop a million gold into new ritual slots) you get 9 rituals. Spending 2 of those 9 on such a basic ability as waterwalking(which I used to only pay like 1k every 3 IRL months for) is wasting a lot of other potentially useful ritual slots.

3.) 20% isn't a small price for non-Aspects. Even for an Aspect, that amount of bashing can be something like 15 minutes. For non-Aspects, you could go clear your local sewers twice, or clear creepers once, but that can take 30+ minutes depending on how quickly your class bashes. Mix that in with the admin making a solid effort to reduce the amount of bashing that is prerequisite for everything(pk xp, for instance).

I know that both points 1 and 3 are just as applicable as arguments for non-combatants against having a shard cost on a skill like that, which is why I suggested it be something we could craft or imbue like engineering things. Means if you don't want to pay the shard price of a pair of waterwalking boots, you can pay a gold price based on what others value their shards at.

Having played in all three circles recently, I can tell you that I think what AM and Demonic have to go through for access to waterwalking(with exceptions for classes with ways to waterwalk naturally) is stupid, and a shard skill related to it would make a lot of people happy.
  • If you aren't in a sect or a cult, you are willingly making the decision to mechanically disadvantage yourself - sort of like choosing not to buy pipes or fill your vialbelt or some other necessity you definitely could fix if you simply decided to do so. This is why we should never couple roleplay devices and quality of life/combat buffs. However, we did and them's the breaks - if you want waterwalking, join a sect and invest 2 sect ritual points.

Otherwise, you are willingly ignoring a perfectly simple fix for the sake of roleplay or being picky - that's your problem.

The bashing cost is a non-issue - I hate bashing and I know that I can make up 20% easily across the entire time I logged in. It's not difficult.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>