Improving Imperian

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• GaltGalt Member, Beta Testers Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    I've had no big problems with posters, though sometimes they mess up for others? 

Like I've had some set up since day one...
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere coldMember Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Pha said:
    Dimitri said:
    Arakis said:
    Posters are majorly broken at the moment. And maybe it's just personal experiences but I've noticed that almost every promotional item that's been coming out this year has had bugs. Maybe they could create some sort of system for promotional item testing before release? Especially items that relate to combat. We have players test classes before they release why not create the same sort of thing for new artifacts and items?
    With how powerful some of those promo items can be, i'm wary that someone might go 'oh this is a neat little bug' and then just not say anything with a particular item and stupidly abuse it until someone catches them and shrubs them for it. That could be the reasoning behind it, or simply because they don't want people to know what's coming before it happens.
    How does releasing promotion items that don't even half way function compare? It's been several weeks and all you can do with a poster is hang it.
    Have you tried throwing a lit bomb through one?
  • SarriusSarrius Member, Beta Testers Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimitri said:
    Pha said:
    Dimitri said:
    Arakis said:
    Posters are majorly broken at the moment. And maybe it's just personal experiences but I've noticed that almost every promotional item that's been coming out this year has had bugs. Maybe they could create some sort of system for promotional item testing before release? Especially items that relate to combat. We have players test classes before they release why not create the same sort of thing for new artifacts and items?
    With how powerful some of those promo items can be, i'm wary that someone might go 'oh this is a neat little bug' and then just not say anything with a particular item and stupidly abuse it until someone catches them and shrubs them for it. That could be the reasoning behind it, or simply because they don't want people to know what's coming before it happens.
    How does releasing promotion items that don't even half way function compare? It's been several weeks and all you can do with a poster is hang it.
    Have you tried throwing a lit bomb through one?
    Oh, we Harry Potter now!
    I threw a finger trap through Sroath's poster once. I contemplated a bomb, but Sroath wasn't online for me to see if that worked or not.
    Oystir
  • WyllWyll Member Posts: 296 ✭✭✭
    Poster issues should be bugged and if not taken care of, you can bring it up on #BugDay. We've had one every month so far, but I think this month has skipped over? It usually happens on the week of the stream.

I tried to hang it at the pit to hear matches while standing at home, but it didn't pick up NPC says, so I thought it was intentional. I guess it is not picking up any says in the room?
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
    If you were trying to pick up the announcer, i don't think he actually counts as a 'say'. Not unusual for mobs to be ignored for things like that.
  • PepehiPepehi Member Posts: 6
    Pha said:
    Dimitri said:
    Arakis said:

It could be worse. Lusternia once released colour-coded racial pins that gave the wearer the emotes of that race, including dwarf racial emotes. Dwarves didn't have any racial emotes at the time.

IDEA: Unless I've just missed it, being able to STOP a channeled action, including timed instakill. If you want to stop a channel but can't leave the room, what else should you do?

• NarujNaruj Member, Beta Testers Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    SIT?
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
    Pepehi
  • OystirOystir Member Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Pepehi said:
    Pha said:
    Dimitri said:
    Arakis said:

It could be worse. Lusternia once released colour-coded racial pins that gave the wearer the emotes of that race, including dwarf racial emotes. Dwarves didn't have any racial emotes at the time.

IDEA: Unless I've just missed it, being able to STOP a channeled action, including timed instakill. If you want to stop a channel but can't leave the room, what else should you do?

DIVE is better, since it can be used offbal. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
    NarujPepehi
  • FanglorFanglor Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    It'd never happen, but it'd be dope if we could have multiple marriage partners...but it'd probably be a mess in the code. 
    Sarrius
  • AodanAodan Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    this may have been suggested before, but I would love to have a viewing room in every arena so that people can watch matches going on
  • FanglorFanglor Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
    edited December 10
    Aodan said:
    this may have been suggested before, but I would love to have a viewing room in every arena so that people can watch matches going on
    I know other games have tried it, but in the end unless they mute the room, it can lead to cheating. Or for a more accurate word...kibitzing?
  • AodanAodan Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Fanglor said:
    Aodan said:
    I know other games have tried it, but in the end unless they mute the room, it can lead to cheating. Or for a more accurate word...kibitzing?
    ah yeah. well thats part of the thing I guess. in my old MUD Akanbar it used to be like that were you could see, and I would coach people while fighting. but honestly I would be okay with a muted room, just so people can witness and learn.
  • EoghanEoghan Member, Immortal Posts: 815 mod
    Combat in Imperian is pretty complex. Allowing it to be viewed remotely has led to problems with lag in the past, which is why arenas haven't had viewing rooms in quite some time. It's something we could potentially try again, but it isn't trivial, so it probably won't happen any time soon.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
    Aodan
  • JustusJustus Member Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    The lag was quite significant during some of our battles last night. Is that just par for the course when you have large scale combat taking place? 
    Zerin
    i figured that had something to do with initial post event 'phase one complete' updates being made behind the scenes as i saw a similar lag spike/hang time just before the event kicked off.