Improving Imperian

1105107109110111

Comments

  • EoghanEoghan Member, Immortal Posts: 730 mod
    edited March 17
    Alright. I'm not going to make a way to automatically fill vials of fluids you don't have vials of (you'll have to figure out which you're missing yourself using some combination of VBELT SUMMARY and ELIXLIST), but you can now VBELT TAP EMPTY <slot>[ slot[ slot...]]. For example: VBELT TAP EMPTY HEALTH MANA THICKLINDANE LINDANE.

    If you don't have enough empty vials, or any of the slot names you select are invalid, then the entire command will fail (no vials will be filled).
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
    AnetteTheophilusWyllSkye
  • AnetteAnette Member Posts: 723 ✭✭✭
    Eoghan said:
    Alright. I'm not going to make a way to automatically fill vials of fluids you don't have vials of (you'll have to figure out which you're missing yourself using some combination of VBELT SUMMARY and ELIXLIST), but you can now VBELT TAP EMPTY <slot>[ slot[ slot...]]. For example: VBELT TAP EMPTY HEALTH MANA THICKLINDANE LINDANE.

    If you don't have enough empty vials, or any of the slot names you select are invalid, then the entire command will fail (no vials will be filled).
    That's a reasonable compromise!  (IMO anyways)  Thanks Eoghan :)
    image
    Theophilus
  • TheophilusTheophilus Member, Beta Testers Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭
    A command like AB CHIVALRY FULL EXPANDED that does..

    AB CHIVALRY WEATHERING, AB CHIVALRY SEEK, AB CHIVALRY GLANCE, etc... and displays the full file for each ability. It would be a super spammy command, but once used one could copy and paste into a document to be able to see all skills without having to type out each individual command for 3 skillsets.
    AodanWyllFanglor
  • TheophilusTheophilus Member, Beta Testers Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    This might already be a thing, but could we have a way to differentiate targets like so:

    (just using knockdown as a filler example)

    KILL SPIRIT 1, KNOCKDOWN SPIRIT 2.

    Or KILL SPIRIT.1, KNOCKDOWN SPIRIT.2

    To be clear... two spirits in room--POKE SPIRIT 1 pokes first one, POKE SPIRIT 2 pokes second one.

    The reason I am asking is I would be able to attack one target with damage and then incapacitate a second target in one attack without having to pull all of the numbers and selecting. Because I don't know how to code all that. I can make an alias though that focuses on both via calling SPIRIT 1 and SPIRIT 2.
    Skye
  • OystirOystir Member Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    This is similar but also trivial but also something that has come up during a few of our games of musical chairs -

    If SIT CHAIR would try to default to the first empty chair in a room, or if we could refer to a chair as EMPTYCHAIR or something. And I just wrote the word 'chair' too many times. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
    Skye
  • TheophilusTheophilus Member, Beta Testers Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭
    A way to form a shard miasma against towns for the sake of raiding comm shops would be cool. Not necessarily declaring an official raid-- but at the expense of maybe 10 shards or so you can form a 5 minute miasma? As it stands, there is no way to plunder shops because of guard stations.

    Also, maybe an ability to form shard miasma temporarily (at increased shard cost) to enter cities for whatever reason (buying commodities, securing bounties, etc.)

    Finally, a way to detect leylines that aren't in our control so we don't have to comb through hundreds of areas to find them. 
  • ArakisArakis Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    It could be a worthwhile investment to clamp down on the rate at which people can make alts. Some people make them daily, sometimes to to harass or annoy without repercussions for their main. some kind of reasonable cap as well as better enforcement catching people that make alts with multiple email registrations, it would at the very least increase activity on characters that already exist, many of whom are just wasting space on the servers by existing for 400 years without doing anything.
  • TheophilusTheophilus Member, Beta Testers Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭
    A means by which to exchange achievement bonuses for something more useful to us who are Circle 110+.
  • AodanAodan Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    Arakis said:
    It could be a worthwhile investment to clamp down on the rate at which people can make alts. Some people make them daily, sometimes to to harass or annoy without repercussions for their main. some kind of reasonable cap as well as better enforcement catching people that make alts with multiple email registrations, it would at the very least increase activity on characters that already exist, many of whom are just wasting space on the servers by existing for 400 years without doing anything.
    I totally see and understand where you're coming from on this, but as a person who makes alt(s) specifically to try out profession and paying money for lessons on each, I don't see this happening because I'm sure I'm not the only one throwing 20$(70$ total if you get the bound credits) at their faces with each new alt made. Unless they want to make the limit one for every profession, and at that point, would still make alt griefing viable. I do however agree that if the kind of crossplaying/griefing you are talking about is being done, it should be policed a little more.
    A means by which to exchange achievement bonuses for something more useful to us who are Circle 110+.
    I'll take credits please! xD Also honestly, could do with it being circle 100+. I literally hit 100 and said, that's it, I'm done. if I hunt its only to get a little money.
  • GjarrusGjarrus Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Make caravan traders always goblins.

    Add rightlocket, leftlocket, and rabbitcharm to the Necropolis charm pieces' key words. Maybe even a wraithcharm keyword or something?


    MizaeFanglor
  • FanglorFanglor Member Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    Gjarrus said:
    Make caravan traders always goblins.

    Add rightlocket, leftlocket, and rabbitcharm to the Necropolis charm pieces' key words. Maybe even a wraithcharm keyword or something?



    I ended up just making a trigger on IH based on their names
  • OystirOystir Member Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    New Metalworking Designs:
    trinket
    Quill (layout)
    Still (layout - super crucial plz I have like 5 stills w/ so much alcohol I can't tell apart ;;;)
    bar (layout, for shop/house bars that cannot be customized right now)

    Add in a configable option for 3 custom rmote messages for a musicbox. 
    Allow us to SIT IN EMPTYCHAIR for musical chairs purposes.
    Allow me to FILL EMPTYBOTTLE for alcoholic purposes. 


    Yes plz.  :*
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
    Lynyssa
  • LynyssaLynyssa AustraliaMember Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Oystir said:
    New Metalworking Designs:
    trinket
    Quill (layout)
    Still (layout - super crucial plz I have like 5 stills w/ so much alcohol I can't tell apart ;;;)
    bar (layout, for shop/house bars that cannot be customized right now)

    Add in a configable option for 3 custom rmote messages for a musicbox. 
    Allow us to SIT IN EMPTYCHAIR for musical chairs purposes.
    Allow me to FILL EMPTYBOTTLE for alcoholic purposes. 


    Yes plz.  :*

    Trinket for Metalworking as well please!
    Aodan tells you, "Yank me."
  • LynyssaLynyssa AustraliaMember Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited May 10
    Maybe something that prevents leylines from affecting houses? Or having them completely separate from leylines altogether.
    Aodan tells you, "Yank me."
    WyllAodanFanglor
  • LartusLartus Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Is the Leyline made with Fiber Optic?
  • EoghanEoghan Member, Immortal Posts: 730 mod
    Lartus said:
    Is the Leyline made with Fiber Optic?
    FTTD.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • EoghanEoghan Member, Immortal Posts: 730 mod
    edited May 12
    Lynyssa said:
    Maybe something that prevents leylines from affecting houses? Or having them completely separate from leylines altogether.
    Without getting into the technical changes that would need to be made (affinity is based on area, not room), I'm not sure this is a design decision we want to make. I realize that many artifact houses were put in place before the leyline system, but having the area's affinity be a factor has always existed for areas that have a natural affinity, and we have rejected requests to modify it in the past. Overall I think that it should be a part of the decision when artifact houses are placed from here out. You can always attempt to shift the affinity back by having your side win some shardfalls to fuel influencing. I will bring it up for review on artifact houses, though, but no promises we'll make a change.

    For city houses, that's a part of being in the city!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar AustraliaMember Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eoghan said:
    Lartus said:
    Is the Leyline made with Fiber Optic?
    FTTD.
    Is that... Fibre-to-the-Dome?


    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
    Gjarrus
  • GjarrusGjarrus Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    edited May 12
    Shopkeeping is a pain mostly because you have to constantly interact with shelf numbers. A pretty simple change to a more centralized shop structure would make it leagues easier to deal with.

    1 - Shop space remains, purchased in increments of 50 and convertable to the various types.
    2 - Shelves are removed entirely.
    3 - Inventory management handled by:
    SHOP SELL (# optional/all) ITEM
    SHOP REMOVE (# optional/all) ITEM
    SHOP BARREL SET (ITEM) - links barrel to an item type
    SHOP BARREL ADD/REMOVE (#/all) ITEM
    SHOP CATEGORY NEW (Name with optional coloring) - Replaces the WARES categorization offered by shelves
    SHOP CATEGORY ADD (#/all) ITEM CATEGORY
    SHOP INVENTORY (Filter) - Displays list as Item - Price - Category (if any)
    4 - Shop cache is fine

    Also, it would be nice if there was a barrel type for other stackables.

    E: Shrine level, faith, and relics in viewshrine sect would be handy
    Skye
  • EoghanEoghan Member, Immortal Posts: 730 mod
    Redesigning the way players interact with shops is a huge item on our list. It is a very large project, since shop code touches many aspects of the game, and many of the features were added ad-hoc over time rather than planned together. It's definitely something we want to do, and it has been moving its way up the list, but I can't promise a time frame for it right now. One of the primary goals will be simplifying syntaxes overall, including a single unified SHOP command for all shopkeeping tasks, rather than the large mix of things we have now.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
    GjarrusIniarSkye
  • FanglorFanglor Member Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    edited May 13
    Eoghan said:
    Lynyssa said:
    Maybe something that prevents leylines from affecting houses? Or having them completely separate from leylines altogether.
    Without getting into the technical changes that would need to be made (affinity is based on area, not room), I'm not sure this is a design decision we want to make. I realize that many artifact houses were put in place before the leyline system, but having the area's affinity be a factor has always existed for areas that have a natural affinity, and we have rejected requests to modify it in the past. Overall I think that it should be a part of the decision when artifact houses are placed from here out. You can always attempt to shift the affinity back by having your side win some shardfalls to fuel influencing. I will bring it up for review on artifact houses, though, but no promises we'll make a change.

    For city houses, that's a part of being in the city!
    As a sidebar into this. Can we get a toggle to turn the spam of affintiy changing off, or am I stupid and there already is one? As in, if I'm in my house do I really need to see my affinity is affected x20 
    Skye
  • GjarrusGjarrus Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Generic messages for channels starting and stopping.

    E.g.
    Hard channel (No actions)
    You begin to intently focus on channeling.


    Soft channel (Curing allowed)
    You focus your attention on channeling.

    Channel end
    You lose focus on your channeling.

  • OystirOystir Member Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    edited May 27
    another trans weaponry skill that is behead but for blunt weapons ~

    edit: i not interested in the actual head.

    edit edit: i am interested in head. just not the head of the person i killed. i dont need it is what i'm saying
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
    AodanGjarrusDruuTheophilus
  • DruuDruu The GardenMember Posts: 46 ✭✭✭
    Oystir said:
    another trans weaponry skill that is behead but for blunt weapons ~

    edit: i not interested in the actual head.

    edit edit: i am interested in head. just not the head of the person i killed. i dont need it is what i'm saying
    Maybe a Brainsmash skill? I'm a fan of horror movies, and a lot of times if you've seen anything gory described in the last year or so its been my sick mind. I would adore helping design such a fabulous skill. :D
    "You can light the dark when they hear your heart of thunder."
    Oystir
  • OystirOystir Member Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    Ya do it. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
    Druu
  • TheophilusTheophilus Member, Beta Testers Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭
    Achievement for killing city mobs a certain number of times (Sevienn, Braylith, etc.)
    FanglorAodanMyrcella
  • GjarrusGjarrus Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Make PK achievements track only in Coliseum events and against non-circle members.

    Achievements for raid stuff - kills during raid, deaths during raid, successful raids, successful defenses, that sort of crap.

    Trade skills and lessons in the aspect perk system.


  • AodanAodan Member Posts: 67 ✭✭✭
    Gjarrus said:
    Make PK achievements track only in Coliseum events and against non-circle members.

    Achievements for raid stuff - kills during raid, deaths during raid, successful raids, successful defenses, that sort of crap.

    Trade skills and lessons in the aspect perk system.


    I want to agree with this except for the fact that 90% of the people I like to kill belong to the same circle I have to be... D:
    TheophilusMyrcellaGjarrusLynyssa
  • EoghanEoghan Member, Immortal Posts: 730 mod
    edited June 2
    I've split a series of posts out of this thread. Please remember that this thread is intended suggesting quality of life improvements to game mechanics, not venting about combat or issues. Combat and administrative action in general do not belong in this thread.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
Sign In or Register to comment.