Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Ah, just finally grasped the problem. Well, I won't be switching to Fast or getting a Diadem unless it gets fixed, since I would lose 0.2 of the 0.4 seconds I would gain would be lost from being unable to queue it all. That said, off to another thread.
  • Dicene said:

Ah, just finally grasped the problem. Well, I won't be switching to Fast or getting a Diadem unless it gets fixed, since I would lose 0.2 of the 0.4 seconds I would gain would be lost from being unable to queue it all. That said, off to another thread.

For the record, it is intentionally timed that way. It is similar to how Saboteurs are gated, artifact-wise.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Juran said:
    The inability to queue separators and the inability to queue aliases killed the mechanic.

I could be wrong, but weren't separators added pretty recently? If so, it's understandable that it wasn't immediately backcoded into the queue system since determining whether or not the separator was meant to be queued, or to perform another command alongside the queueing is problematic.
    Example (using my own aliases): onb Wyvern claw Ziat opium\basilisk sleep Ziat\trueassess Ziat
    With the above example, it's relatively obvious that I mean to claw and sleep on balance, but do I want to trueassess now or on balance. The queueing system wouldn't have a clue which commands are going through now and which are queue'd.
    Solution: Give us a way to escape our separators so they don't expand immediately. Also, a variable in aliases to use input like %1 or %0 in cmud would be great( if it doesn't already exist but isn't documented).
    Example:setalias sttum queue eqbal Wyvern claw &1 opium\\basilisk sleep &1\trueassess &1\clt &1 attempting to tumble, sleeping on balance.

Not a perfect example, but it needs to be doable for the queueing and alias systems to become legitimate tools. And it's not impossible to code, if I'm not mistaken Lusternia's Stratagem allows similar(at least as far as queueing goes) functionality.
  • Juran said:
    The inability to queue separators and the inability to queue aliases killed the mechanic.

I could be wrong, but weren't separators added pretty recently? If so, it's understandable that it wasn't immediately backcoded into the queue system since determining whether or not the separator was meant to be queued, or to perform another command alongside the queueing is problematic.
    Example (using my own aliases): onb Wyvern claw Ziat opium\basilisk sleep Ziat\trueassess Ziat
    With the above example, it's relatively obvious that I mean to claw and sleep on balance, but do I want to trueassess now or on balance. The queueing system wouldn't have a clue which commands are going through now and which are queue'd.
    Solution: Give us a way to escape our separators so they don't expand immediately. Also, a variable in aliases to use input like %1 or %0 in cmud would be great( if it doesn't already exist but isn't documented).
    Example:setalias sttum queue eqbal Wyvern claw &1 opium\\basilisk sleep &1\trueassess &1\clt &1 attempting to tumble, sleeping on balance.

Not a perfect example, but it needs to be doable for the queueing and alias systems to become legitimate tools. And it's not impossible to code, if I'm not mistaken Lusternia's Stratagem allows similar(at least as far as queueing goes) functionality.
  • edited May 2013
    Juran said:

• What happens if you try to alchemically augment an artifact? I know it sounds silly but I don't realy want to test it and break something.
  • I hope the artifact question can be answered, but I have another one that the new help files have raised.

With mortals now able to draw and manipulate Diachaim directly (rather than through the gift of a God), what differentiates it from Magick?

Before, there was something about Magick being Diachaim that had been disconnected from the divine realms and pooling in the physical one, so that it could be directly used by mortals without being deliberately given and moderated by a God. That probably isn't the main distinction any more.

I'm not really looking for why it is good or bad (that can be down to IC perspectives and interpretation), but what objectively separates it now from the magical powers of, say, priests? 

Is it more of a source distinction? Diachaim = comes from spiritual planes, Magick = comes from the natural world, Demonic = Magick + energies from demon planes?
  • I sort of just BS it and say magick is using Daichaim and Devotion, et al uses mortal willpower rather than desecrate the remaining essence of divine deceased.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • So... what is the distinction?
    :-/
  • Currently, Diachaim is some mysterious powerforce that the Gods used to use, and as far as lore explaining it... Well, we have nothing. It's going to be explained soon though, I think.
  • I thought the primary difference was that diachaim was tied to the united moon, but when the moons shattered some of that current became corrupted by the single moons (mainly moradeim), and mortals started using that and calling it magic.
  • Is the quest on Kaulathu and Kilathu broken, or is the next step just not made obvious enough? Put together the medallion and the Chief guy mentioned a beast or something, but I scouted and spoke to every sentient being on both islands and can't figure out anything else I can do.
  • He only spawns at night.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Has anyone used Cmud on Windows 8? I don't know if its compatible with Windows 8 but my guess is it would be. Thanks in advance!
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    It is
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Anyone figure out how to get partial characters for nexus?

Basically I want to have it read partial names from triggers.
  • Has this event gone anywhere?
  • It's waiting for people to finish killing Silanthor or Lhortae, and close Death's Door. A post was made about it-- You were there and shouted something when Marga first said she found a way to do it.

It requires killing a lot of bosses, so it's been difficult to get enough people to finish it.
  • Already knew most of that (hence my shouting about it.) Has Marga been more forthcoming with information? Is that the conclusion of the event? Farm two achievements. Kill liches?
  • Marga has most of the information, if you go to her. It's fairly straightforward, yes, though I think the admins indicated that this event wasn't a lore or story rich one, but mainly designed to introduce content. I think killing the Liches will conclude the event.
  • Sealing Death's Door is by far the hardest quest in the game. I expect it will take a couple weeks for people who really want to finish it to succeed.

• Just so long as it's hard because it's hard, not because it's another case of Guess The Syntax. ^_^
  • Well, it involves killing all the Wraithlords or all the Strigoi then fighting and killing the presumably ridiculously difficult to kill buffed-up Lhortae or Silanthor, so... Yes.

That'll be fun. If it weren't finals week I'd be trying to get a team together. I'm thinking it has to be cross-circle again to have enough people beefy enough to work this.
  • It is totally spelled out. It is just hard.

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Gurn said:

Well, it invbYolves killing all the Wraithlords or all the Strigoi then fighting and killing the presumably ridiculously difficult to kill buffed-up Lhortae or Silanthor, so... Yes.

That'll be fun. If it weren't finals week I'd be trying to get a team together. I'm thinking it has to be cross-circle again to have enough people beefy enough to work this.

Bet you it'll be a time I'm not around!
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited June 2013
    How often is the map xml updated? It's terribly outdated (or intentionally incomplete?) at the moment.

Thankfully I could rollback my IMap when I realised I lost so many rooms by "updating" the xml :(
  •  Once per day. Newer areas need to be flagged for inclusion, though, so if any is missing, please bug it.
  • How often do passive affliction curing skills proc? Is there any RNG involved? Any restrictions to what they cure? And does the timer for when it ticks next reset when there no afflictions, or is it constantly running?