Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Gjarrus said:

How do you get the quest progression hints to pop up? I have taskhints on, so it's not that, and I don't see anything in HELP QUESTS.

Not sure what you mean by "hints" - you can do QUEST [name] and it will give you the basic overview of the quest. Once you satisfy the first "step" of the quest (e.g., find the right person, give them the item or whatever) then you sometimes will get a prompt/hint about what to do next, but from what I've seen most quest "hints" are entirely contextual and not system-generated (except for the true newbie quests).
  • Two notes:

I typically handle all the PK issues.

Only myself and Garryn have access to all of the logs in question.

• edited October 2016
    I think it's made very clear that killing someone because they snubbed you isn't allowed, in the relevant help files, but @Jeremy can correct me if I'm wrong.

It's the very definition of killing someone for an out-of-character reason in MOST circumstances. Obvious cases of abuse nonwithstanding.
  • You can't kill BECAUSE they snubbed you, no.
  • So then, if you really cannot stand someone, don't want to deal with their BS, and just want to play the game, why would you not just snub them and move on with your life? God knows its *exactly* what I did with one pair. Despite one of them's attempts to get around the snub by contacting me with alts.
  • If they're trying to get around the snub, snub would be a good option, yes (they lack the emotional control of a pro griefer).
  • If they continue to go after you after you've snubbed them and you've had no further contact with them that is harassment and can be issued. Contrary to the apparently prevailing opinion, the admin take a very dim view of that.
  • Depends on how often they do it. They can still jump you "sometimes" - and that's when you're expected to try to figure out some kind of IC resolution. In admin's view, I think they consider the "single death" a way to generate conflict (it certainly can do that). But I think that is what people don't understand and why people get so frustrated when they do have a problem and they sort of really try to "do everything right".
  • Kiskan said:

Depends on how often they do it. They can still jump you "sometimes" - and that's when you're expected to try to figure out some kind of IC resolution. In admin's view, I think they consider the "single death" a way to generate conflict (it certainly can do that). But I think that is what people don't understand and why people get so frustrated when they do have a problem and they sort of really try to "do everything right".

Not really. I'm not going to name names here because discussing specifics of issues on the forums is inappropriate, but if you've avoided the person and pointedly snubbed them because you don't want to deal with them, there doesn't even have to be a death for them to be issuable. It falls under the Harassment rules, not any of the PK rules.

If they're PKing you in addition to harassing you, they're just digging a bigger grave if you do issue them.
  • Right, like I said, that kind of person, while unpleasant, is much easier to deal with. They will help dig their own grave. Professional PK lawyers you might snub (for whatever reason), won't.
  • You've a lot less faith in Jeremy than I do, it seems. I think I'll just leave it at that.
  • edited October 2016
    It's not a matter of faith, it's a matter of the limits of the PK rules/issue system. They're not really intended to protect you from a bad game experience if someone really wants to push that and has the know-how. They are intended to protect you from extremely clearcut, egregious abuses, and things that could get IRE sued. It is always mechanics that protect the player (or don't) in an IRE game, not the rules. For example... XP loss might not be so terrible, and if it isn't, it will be because they design that in to the mechanic.
  • There is absolutely no rule system ever that is going to completely protect you from someone whom is dedicated to making your life miserable. That's why the issue system, GM tickets in WOW/UO, etc and so forth exist to begin with.
  • Depends really. If you're mouthy like say... Shaylei or Alvetta was/are, then SNUB isn't gonna protect people from killing you. As has been proven a multitude of times in the past, where they were constantly badmouthing people and being killed for it, then having their issues promptly dismissed. Doesn't have to be -direct contact- for them to have grounds to kill you.

Being annoying is a two way street, in these instances. You can't just go around smack talking a whole faction/group of people, then issuing the PKers of said group that you have snubbed, when they come and kill you for it.
  • Especially whereas it's not used anymore, is there a way to mark all the changelog messages as read other than viewing them all individually, so it stops nagging me every time I log in?
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Things about Ithaqua I'm clueless about:

Chapel, house, and a bar ruin all down in the morass/sewer. I feel like there's a story there, and it's probably either one of those things that got lost to time, or was just never really explored back in Ithaqua's hey-day.

Other thing that I'm clueless about, but fuzzy as to where i saw it:
    A shipwreck in Ithaqua, it's in the Scar i think. How'd it get there? The implications of a ship there says Ithaqua wasn't always frozen, so how'd it turn into a winter 'wonderland'?
  • Way up in the Aoash (pretty sure it's there), there are some mer-people in what is now an icy forest. Maybe the whole north was under water at one point?
  • *Under the Sea starts playing*
  • EvaldirEvaldir United States
    Dimitri said:

Things about Ithaqua I'm clueless about:

Chapel, house, and a bar ruin all down in the morass/sewer. I feel like there's a story there, and it's probably either one of those things that got lost to time, or was just never really explored back in Ithaqua's hey-day.

A few years back(Can't recall how long exactly) there was something that happened with the morass/sewers swallowing parts of Ithaqua(The bar included). I believe Magaelan fought off some giant creepers ...

It's also very possible that this was just a story that was told(By Magaelan) about it. I can't be 100% sure on what actually happened, though.
  • Where do inks come from?
  • You can buy them at NPC shops in cities or townes

Or some people have Prism Pouches a Token item that generates inks over time
  • Mercer said:

You can buy them at NPC shops in cities or townes

Or some people have Prism Pouches a Token item that generates inks over time

Actually, I have never thought about it but does the Prism Pouch generate inks in random order and how many ink you'd get in an hour? Does it work when you're offline? #CluelessDreacor
  • If I remember rightly, it works while you're offline BUT it only generates 1 day regardless. If you forget to harvest it 1 day, you won't get 2 days worth of ink the next day.
    -
    Day 1: Don't harvest.
    Day 2: Harvest->Get 2 days of ink.
    No.
    -
    Day 1: Harvest->Get Inks.
    Day 2: Harvest-> Get Inks.
    Yes.
    -
    Offline: Harvest->Get 1 day of ink.
    Yes.
    -

Could be wrong. Might be.
  • Inks accumulate over time, I get the inks maybe once a week, when I remember. They are random.

You pick up eight green inks, eleven yellow inks, five blue inks, five gold inks, seven purple inks,
    and six red inks from a Prism Pouch.
  • For every in-game day change (roughly every RL hour), there is a chance for one ink to be generated. If an ink is going to be generated, one of the six is chosen at random; all six inks have an equal chance to be generated. If there are 50 (or more) inks within the pouch, no ink will be generated, so you have to clear it out occasionally.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I was right about me being wrong :D
  • Is the Ironwood Mask still relevant for berserkers given the class change?
  • These are the bonuses given by warmasks:

Red: +1 strength
    Blue: +1 intelligence
    Yellow: +1 constitution
    Green: +1 dexterity
    Purple: +10% experience gain
    Gold: +10% gold drops from hunting

The artifact lets you have two colors at once, rather than one. I can't judge relevance for you, though.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited October 2016
    So, is it basically required for Shamans to have a prism pouch? They have two skillsets that use up a LOT of tints, and tints looked insanely expensive everywhere I looked. Having some way to make tints as a player or otherwise obviate the really high tint costs would be fantastic.

EDIT: Related: Why do deathknights get the ability to make bones but shamans (who use lots of bonedust) don't seem to? Mystery?
  • I didn't find an issue, really. Bone dust is easy to get when you're demonic, it's pretty much the only thing I spend gold on outside of curatives.