Skip to content

Yay retirement credits!

So, thanks to retirement, I've got a wee bit over seven thousand credits hanging about me that I want to dump into imperian. That being said, since Lusternia Artifacts don't really translate well over here, and I adore pvp, what would some good investments on my part be? At the moment, I'm an intelligent snakeman summoner, tritrans, and figure I'll be transing the various mini skills along with likely survival, perception, evasion and tattoos. Are there any other skills that are handy in combat?

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Welcome to Imperian! It seems like you have the basics covered.

My recommendation for summoner (and most classes) would be to invest in defense before offense, especially since the summoner kit is very workable if you can survive long enough to work with. Good early investments would be surcoat, constitution belt, artifact shield (since intelligent leaves you with only a buckler sans truefavour). Bracelets are great, but if you're keen on bashing, 100k kills will get you free level 1 bracelets that you can upgrade further. If you're really looking to drop a hefty sum (1500), acrobatic boots will give you a lot of extra mobility and therefore survivability in fights.

A diadem is a great investment across the board since it'll improve summoner in pretty much every way, and will translate well to a few other demonic professions if you decide to branch out in that fashion. From there, offensively, a collar (bonus 10/15/20% damage) and sash (bonus intelligence) are great for getting more bang for your buck from your attacks. There's a summoner-specific artifact that will give you a sixth possession slot, which can be very useful for stacking up defenses.

Feel free to ask around in-game since there are plenty of people well-accustomed to summoner. It's a fun profession with a lot of little intricacies that can be rewarding to delve into, but also functions very well from just the basics.

• The only thing I'd change about Wysrias' advice is that I consider the Diadem of the Quickening to be the gold standard for Summoner artifacts and I would recommend it over tanking artifacts, honestly. It's a massive massive quality of life improvement and an effective 15% DPS increase. Summoner is sufficiently tanky that you can afford to do this.

There's a temporary 'welfare diadem' you can get from a boss if you can get people to help you kill the boss(100% drop rate if the boss is up), but those are in limited numbers and they're not always available so it's not good to rely on it. It's a good way to test it out, though.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• SalikSalik Da Burgh
    For some reason this forum makes my phone keyboard disappear. I'm also debating what artifacts to get to start. Not nearly as many credits as that though! I've been told to look at things like the Surcoat as a top choice. I'm a Wytch.
  • @Salik - Depends on how much you have to work with, but surcoat is always a good investment, as is diadem.

• Salik said:
    For some reason this forum makes my phone keyboard disappear. I'm also debating what artifacts to get to start. Not nearly as many credits as that though! I've been told to look at things like the Surcoat as a top choice. I'm a Wytch.
    Surcoat is very useful for pretty much everyone, so that's a good starting point. Same for the artifact shield, though the value is a bit less than it is for summoner since you'll want to be clever (and therefore can get better shield access). Diadem is great for everyone but it's not nearly as important for wytch since nearly everything you do will be balance based.

Wytch gets access to a lot of choices for buffs, and you can further that with constitution belt, intelligence sash, collar for your damage. The wytch specific artifacts are great but you won't really need them (or be able to make much use of them) until you really dive into the class and figure out your offense.

• SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Surcoat is on the list, aye. The Wytch specific artifacts...well, bone hammer and sieve both basically seem to be money savers. Useful, but not critical. The shamanic gloves look beautiful, and I can see how they'd help expand an offense, mostly in regards to damage or going for the Marduk instakill. I'm starting to figure out my offense. I did get a single kill last night in that PvP mess.

Shield is true. I am clever and have an OK shield. Also, I seem to unequip it often enough to stand a totem. Diadem doesn't seem like it's too useful, as I've only seen defenses raise on EQ. That really seems to be a low priority.
  • Also have retirement credits, but need to know what's most useful to an outrider! Suggestions?
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Sorry about that mob kill, by the way. From what people are telling me, tanking is more important than offense in the current metagame. Stuff like the Surcoat seems to be one of the best choices.
  • Ha, that was fine. I managed to get that quest done on my second try, as the named mobs repopped. :)