Skip to content

Retirement

You can now retire characters.

You can permanently retire your character(s) in Imperian and receive credits to use on a NEW character. This character may be in Imperian or any of the other Iron Realms games (Achaea, Aetolia, Lusternia, Midkemia Online). These credits will become available to use on any NEW character (less than 14 days old) on any of the Iron Realms games.

Retiring a character will make them permanently unplayable. We will NEVER reverse a retired character. Please do not ask. It will not happen.

*** WARNING! READ THIS! ***

- Retiring a character will permanently lock them. You will NO LONGER be able to access them. EVER!

- Characters you want to transfer credits to, must be LESS than 14 days old.

- No one will reverse a retirement once it has been completed. Be sure you really want to retire your character, there’s no going back.

- Attempting to "sell" your characters is strictly forbidden. This will result in the forfeiture of both the retired character, any retirement credits, and any character who has accessed those credits.

Prerequisites:
---------------------------------
1. You must have purchased at least 1000 credits on the character you wish to retire.
2. Your character must be registered to a valid email address for confirmation emails.
3. Your new character must be less than 14 days old.
4. All characters must be registered to the SAME email address.

How to Retire:
1. Enter the command RETIRE CHARACTER. This will send a confirmation email to the address in your registration.

2. Click on the link in the confirmation email. This link will be active for 48 hours, after which the process will be considered invalid if the link is not utilized. 

3. Wait 24 hours.

4. Enter the command RETIRE CHARACTER CONFIRM. This will send another email to confirm. 

5. Click on the link in this second confirmation email.

6. This will notify the administration that you are seeking to retire your character. This is not an automated system and each retirement will be manually reviewed and approved.

7. If the admin approve the retirement, your character will be permanently locked and your credits will be available to any new character, less than 14 days old, registered to the same email account. See below for the transfer commands.

Commands:
RETIRE CHARACTER
This will begin the retirement process and send an email to your registered address for confirmation.

RETIRE CHARACTER CONFIRM
This command will confirm that you desire to retire your character. It can only be used 24 hours after beginning your character's retirement process. It will also send an email to your registered address for confirmation.

RETIRE VALUE
This will display the amount of credits you will receive for retiring this character. Keep in mind, you will only receive a fraction of the credit value you have purchased on your retiring character. This is in the realm of about 50% of current character skills, credits, and artifacts. This does not include credits, lessons, and artifacts received from the game for free (such as levelling up, login promotions, and other in-game happenings).

RETIRE CREDITS
The number of credits available to your registration account.

RETIRE CREDITS TRANSFER <amount>
Transfer the credits from your account to a new character that is less than 14 days old on ANY Iron Realms game. You CANNOT transfer credits to a character that is more than 14 days old. No exceptions will be made.

Character Selling:
You cannot transfer credits to other people or characters that do not belong to you. If we suspect this, we will permanently shrub and ban any accounts involved. This program is for your personal use only.

Comments

• Is it 14 in-game or out-of-game days old?
  • Real-life days.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited January 2016
    Can we get an updated display when we do retirement value?

Skills: X credits
    Artifacts: X credits
    Whatever else adds to retirement value:  X credits
    Subtotal: Y credits

Things that remove value from subtotal
    purchased with gold: X credits
    Promotion Credits: X credits 
    ect

Final retirement value; Z credits

I ask because the difference between when I first checked and the latest announce post update dropped my tradein value by like 9k and I'm almost positive I've not managed to acquire 18k credits from the market/promotions.

Does the valuation count unused credits/unused membership credits? Does it count what you spent on auction artifacts at auction prices or current price?

I guess I'd love to see a breakdown of what factors into the value.

Edit: 
    It says it doesn't count lessons earned in game (I assume via promotions/elite) but what about purchased lesson packages purchased?

• Looking into it and I will email you.

• Hrm hrm. This is a problem with organizational credits. I will get you more info soon.

• edited January 2016
    You said retired characters are frozen without the ability to access them but what happens to them in game? Are they able to be viewed using the honours command or any other means? Is there a message in the honours saying that "This character is retired."? 

• Retired status will show on your CHARACTERS output, but there currently is no method for other players to know unless you tell them.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • The retirement status is now indicated on honours.
  • edited January 2016
    Hi, I'm having some trouble with this.

RETIRE VALUE says: This character is not eligible for retirement. You would need to increase its worth by 1208 credits.

Prerequisites:
    1. You must have purchased at least 1000 credits on the character you wish to retire.
    2. Your character must be registered to a valid email address for confirmation emails.
    3. Your new character must be less than 14 days old.
    4. All characters must be registered to the SAME email address.

I'm certain I've bought credits, though I'm not entirely sure how many exactly. Not sure how I could be valued at -208 credits.

• edited January 2016
    Hrm, we may need to alter the formula maybe, but the numbers do look correctly in your case - not going to list specifics on forums, please message Jeremy or myself if interested.
  • I wonder if I can retire more than one and have all the credits go to one new other.

and also can you already retire and wait with making a new char , or do you need to have a new one the moment you retire?
    “The prince is never going to come. Everyone knows that; and maybe sleeping beauty's dead.” 
  • Yes.

You can wait.
  • Got an email about this, got sorely tempted back into the game with the prospect of this. Guessing that's part of what this is aimed at, getting older, more heavily invested players back in or rejuvenated, so kudos. Great idea and system.

Then I did the maths, would still need to spend about ~$3000 to get back to where Dermon is on a new character. Oh well, gonna stay retired myself rather than giving Dermon such a fate.
  • Imperian is allowing multiple retired chars into one single char.
    As I see it, Aetolia has not made a similar ruling?

Is the program IRE-wide, but the specifics up to the individual game devs?
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • It works exactly the same on all the games.

• This is how retirement works, and it works like this on all games as it is an IRE wide program:

You retire a character and these credits are stored in an "Ire-wide" account of yours that is attached to your e-mail. 

Once there you're able to withdraw however many credits you want to on a character that is 30 days or less old (RL days).

You are able to do multiple transfers on 1 character.

This means, if you retire one character today, and one in 3 days, and have already withdrawn from the first character, you'll be fine to do it again. 
  • KolfinnKolfinn Vegas baby, Vegas
    Good change. Previously, when Aetolia was on the ball and Lusternia wasn't, the command said the transfer was a one time thing.
  • That's how it was in the beginning across all games. All games have the same rules/requirements/etc for Retirement, and has since the beginning. But changes have been made fairly quickly, and some games might have been faster at posting the changes than others.
  • They may have not updated the code right away. All the games should be the same now though.

• And I'm asking 'cause I saw it and I want to be sure it's correct even though it is because how tf would I know
    houses do not count towards investment value? In Aetolia I actually like blew many real credits to buy my 6 room home and that char isn't eligible
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • I am pretty sure houses are not counting across all the games.