Skip to content

Population?

Comments

• I love that the lull is over the summer, and the uptick is when people go back to school, heh (although, part of that could be "yay, kids are back in school").  Ailish what you mention has come up, and I think there's some support for it.  One obstacle, is that there would be major drama/hurt feelings choosing which orgs get the axe.  I still think it's a fine idea though.  
  • See, I think it's totally obvious - we keep the orgs I like and axe the ones I don't
  • Ailish, you're going to go places!  I can tell!
  • Killing Orgs:

This is something I poke Jeremy about once a month, in which, once a month he tells me no.

The reason why we say no:

People are all for this idea till they find out it's their org.
    Their RP is ruined, we ruined the game, we ran them out of the game
    Their shops are destroyed.
    Their houses are destroyed
    Their political power is destroyed.

As much as our population cannot handle the 6 orgs, it's not something we'll be doing anytime soon. (I believe one of the other games who did recently delete an org, got a lot of flack for it.)
  • Just had an idea I will throw out there.  If novice goes through intro and org they choose doesn't have any novice aides around, system checks to see if there is an org that DOES have a novice aide around, or at the very least, a person who isn't also a novice, plops novice in THAT org instead.  Obviously, sometimes there will just not be anyone... happens.  
  • That's lame. How about just making the gnt channel be ringwide rather than guild wide?

Given how many players have exposure to different professions, it's just as likely there's someone outside the guild who can help. Day 1 novice info is basically the same across the board anyway
  • Lame ?  :(  But yeah, that works too.  I think some of the other games do it that way.  My thought was that some of the guilds really are DEAD, so if you funnel the novices into the ones that aren't... but a circle wide channel is totally fine too.  
  • It's lame because it supercedes player choice in a non - obvious way.
  • edited August 2015
    Ailish said:
    That's lame. How about just making the gnt channel be ringwide rather than guild wide? Given how many players have exposure to different professions, it's just as likely there's someone outside the guild who can help. Day 1 novice info is basically the same across the board anyway
    Isn't that what NEWBIE is for? I don't think making it "ringwide" makes sense - it is not uncommon for a circle or an org to have multiple rings.
  • Yeah, but honestly... when I am an actual newbie, I have no idea what I am choosing anyway!  it does introduce a bit of a "oh great, I wanted to be in X, now I have to get someone to move me over" thing for people alting, but screw those guys :P
  • I meant circle wide obviously. Sorry
  • edited August 2015
    Also, on the number of orgs:  As much as I agree with the sentiment that the current population has a hard time supporting 6 orgs, I will also add that I think it is important for people to have choices within a circle. Given that org membership is tied to a lot of benefits (most significant being shard skills) and there is really no support for a "rogue" network in this game, I am not in favor of a system that does not allow people to have a choice and forces consolidation into a single org.
  • It's easy to decide which orgs get to go.

Axe Stavenn keep Khandava. Stavenn is a dysfunctional mess and there's really nothing to be gained from letting the Stavennites get in on the ground floor of a new organization.

Destroy Celidon AND Kinsarmar and move their combined population to another city/council. Neither org is particularly more dysfunctional than the other, so I'd just fling em together and give them a new city.

Axe Ithaqua keep Antioch. Ithaqua is a barely active collection of alts that could be merged into Antioch pretty much painlessly.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• TIL that I'm in the wrong demonic org
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Wysrias said:
    Guilds desperately just need to be deleted entirely. Novices can easily be a city's responsibility, considering they already pretty much are. The game has moved way past guilds being relevant and they only serve as an incredibly confusing legacy organization for newbies.
    I've felt for a while like this would be super easy to work in thematically with the Age of Mortals whateverness, fwiw
  • I'm going to touch base on my thoughts around the various comments regarding roleplaying and events in the game.

Worldwide events are fun and attract people, however they take a long time to crank out, so thank you all for being patient with us while we do our best to try to move them along in a decent time frame. 

In the mean time, if you'd like more events to happen, specifically around your guild/city/clan/race/whatever, please let us know so we can try to accommodate that more. I've posted before that if anyone wants to do anything, just contact me. One person outside of my Sect did that. How should I interpret that?

If you have even just have a vague idea of some conflict/interactions you want to set up, message me in game or email me at Esmyrsia@imperian.com. You can give me a little history/org/character details and I will even set some sort of event up that will (hopefully) appeal to you and those involved. 

• It is better to have small things more frequently than large things less often.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I would absolutely love to run more smaller events. I would also absolutely love it if people from different circles/orgs would throw some baseline ideas my way as to current events and how they would like to progress their orgs. I'm rather out of the loop when it comes to other circles currently, because the bulk of Esmyrsia's Sect is Stavennite, so I don't generally know much about what's going on elsewhere. I'd certainly enjoy doing more events to include others, but I also don't want to do something totally off the mark in the process. Which is why I keep saying org requests/have a chat with me, but seems not many people are about that life. Regardless, I'll make it a point to try to get the scoop and make more things happen outside of my little sphere of influence.
  • FWIW I don't care if it's my org that's axed. Wouldn't mind consolidating the orgs into something simpler. I'm also with everyone who says guilds can go the way of the dodo. We just seem to have the infrastructure of a much larger game, and it ends up making everything feel like a ghost town. Simplification would be great. The whole demonic/magick/anti-magick thing is so played out, literally anything else would be an improvement over the RP dead-end we've got right now.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • edited August 2015
    If all of this gets even remotely close to the "this could happen" point, reminder that we have people that depend greatly on being able to buy org credits, and org credits also buy nice perks for everyone in general sometimes, so if it happens, existing credits would hopefully be rolled over to... I guess the city or council that remains.  As well, the mechanism itself that generates credits for guilds when someone buys credits should be added to what the city gets per X amount of credits purchased.  From there, you have the consideration that now one person controls ALL of the circle's credits, but I am not even going to touch that part.  
  • Simple solution: instead of putting the org credits into a player's hand, drop them automatically into a circle-wide bucket at a price set via referendum, allow anyone to buy 5/10/15 per day.
  • Elokia said:
    Killing Orgs:

This is something I poke Jeremy about once a month, in which, once a month he tells me no.

The reason why we say no:

People are all for this idea till they find out it's their org.
    Their RP is ruined, we ruined the game, we ran them out of the game
    Their shops are destroyed.
    Their houses are destroyed
    Their political power is destroyed.

As much as our population cannot handle the 6 orgs, it's not something we'll be doing anytime soon. (I believe one of the other games who did recently delete an org, got a lot of flack for it.)

Here's an idea.

Blow up Ithaqua and Antioch and let us reform under one brand new organization. Doing it this way removes the issue where only one side is getting all their stuff destroyed and having to merge into an existing organization. It puts everybody on a fairly equitable footing as far as politics goes. You're not moving into our city at CR1, where all of our positions are already filled by Antiochians and there's no room to add an ex-Ithaquan without bumping somebody.  Just give people who have houses and shops a house token and a market stall token. Sure, they're being overpaid but who cares?

We get to build a new city, in a new area, and we get to direct the growth and the direction. I would even be happy starting with a towne-sized city and slowly expanding. Maybe the refugee citizens start with a small armed camp and expand into a city. Something like that would be awesome as long as it kept getting enough admin attention so that it could actually grow. I would absolutely love this, and I've got an elected position in Antioch and I'm a guild secretary so I have everything to lose. 

And, really, AM is the best place to try anything like this right now because everybody in AM generally gets along well enough to merge the organizations without much of a hitch.

Blow it up, let us rebuild. It'll be fun!

• Seriously, take a risk. Doing nothing is almost certainly a worse course of action than just sitting here with 3 man vanity cities.

• So much agreement.
  • Just sayin....

**********************************[ Stavenn ]**********************************
    Member Name         City Rank           Positions           Profession        
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alesei              Stavennite                              Diabolist
    *******************************************************************************
    H:343 M:300 <eb> gwho
    *********************************[ Revenants ]*********************************
    Member        Guild Title                Profession    Info                   
    Alesei        a Senior Revenant          Diabolist
    H:343 M:300 <eb>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    That's nothing new to Stavenn.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Maybe, but that's extremely pathetic nonetheless. Methinks I'll be going to Khandava sometime soon
  • Seriously, I think we could get a TON of player support behind something like this. You should seriously consider something like this. People are going to react badly if it's something you just spring on them, but I really think you could get some serious momentum behind it if you worked up to it. Something totally new like this? Complete reset of a faction? Hell yeah. 

The only downside is that it would be SO awesome that the other circles would want the same thing.

• Join beautiful sunny Antioch while it still exists!

**********************************[ Antioch ]**********************************
    Member Name City Rank Positions Profession
    Celestine   Hamini    Farah      Templar
    Septus      Hamini    Mukhtar    Templar
    Khizan      Hamini    Mukhtar    Ranger
    Salish      Shamali   Mukhtar    Monk
    Shou        Hamini    Commander  Predator
    Miichelle   Sandstorm            Outrider
    Raini       Nomad                Monk
    Camaria     Grain of sand        Templar
    Eoin        Grain of sand        Wardancer
    Kaywinett   Grain of sand        Priest