Skip to content

Which of the anti-magick professions is the least artifact dependent?

I'm looking for something with good group utility that doesn't rely on artifacts too heavily.

Would something like a priest fit the bill?

Comments

• In general, all of the AM classes can do pretty well in group combat without artifacts. The reason is because AM is a damage-focused circle, so as long as you can deal damage, you are contributing to the group effort.

The problem usually isn't "do I need artifacts for my profession", it's "do I need artifacts to be able to tank when the opposing team picks me off as the first target".  Also, your skill level in survival and evasion and miniskills will play a big role in your "tankiness" when it comes to being able to survive damage.

To the extent we're talking about survivability, priest and templar are going to be your best choices.  Outrider/Amazon/Ranger do pretty well, too, thanks to skills like cloak, barkskin, and vitality, as well as the sip bonus from trailblazing.

Whatever you do, don't be a wardancer because they tank like wet paper bags. (And presently require you to be tri-trans to be able to bash for anything worth a darn.)
  • Priest, Outrider.

Templar is pretty underpowered now compared to other things and needs that extra oomph from artifacts, Wardancer/Monk tank terribly without them, Predator and Ranger are both sort of lackluster in PvP right now. Ranger has some great utility but your 1v1 is neutered by smart parrying; Septus is pretty much impossible to kill as a Ranger now.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Important question here is how many lessons you intend on investing. Is tri trans a given? Will you only be picking up lessons from bashing? etc.
  • Tri trans and potentially some extra lesson . I'll definitelly be getting the no brainer packages, perhaps more.

Actually - while we are on the subject - is the monthly membership considered good value or no?
  • Its the best possible value for credits you'll get.
  • Aside from the no-brainer lesson packages the monthly membership is the best way to advance. Easily the best value.

In your place I'd definitely look at Outrider. Powerful, fun, good at bashing, way more interesting than Priest.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• If I could pick up a new class right now, it'd be outrider. Seems awesome. Dreacor isn't artifacted and he wrecks.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited July 2015
    Outrider been wrecking things and @Iluv's hopes and dreams since 2013. :D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure